1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Scrubs guide to 3* Fenrir

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Etherial, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia, Kunshira, Mystea, Orlandeau
    I dont have many fancy units but i beat him after a few tries with buffs, protection and Orlandeau. My team:

WoL - 100% evade - death immune (for rent if needed...send me a request)
    Mystea - roughly 80% ice and dark immume with Safety Bit
    Lotus Mage Fina - for Reraise and Divine Veil (boosts most element def by 80%)
    Sylvia - solely for Cover Shield (protects against lowering Atk/Dek/Spr/Mag). It made a huge difference for me
    Orlandeau - 7 star, roughly 1200 Atk with Excaliber or other light based weapon. I recommend dual wield.
    Friend - 7 star Orlandeau with Excaliber or other light based weapon. I recommend dual wield.

I based this strategy on avoiding all of Fenrir's status, emfeeblement and elemental attacks. It isnt the fastest way to beat him but its pretty safe. Took me 5 turns and a little bit of luck. Hopefully this helps some other folks because I struggled at first. Most guides I found were all about Hyoh, which I wasn't lucky enough to pull.

2. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

The hint about Sylvia sounds very usefull.
    I still need to redo the esper missions here.
    The fight from EvilLaughter looked silly so i expected to otko the doggy but ended differently for me in the first try despite two monster Hyoh in my 6man party lol.

Pebbles likes this.
  3. Etzel009

Etzel009 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    eM.Ramza, Ignis for KM event
    Sylvia works great, still can't get the esper kill after 3 tries.

god.nomad likes this.
  4. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Honestly luck plays a role here. On the 3rd turn is when he kept one shotting my Mystea and WoL (no idea why). The one time they lived is when i beat him. Mystea lived with 106 HP left.
    Also, dual wielding light weapons for Orlandeau is big here (I used Excaliber and Lightbringer). Maybe i imagined it but i was doing more damage that way. For whatever reason the 4th and 5th turn, i did WAY more damage.

Here is what I did:
    Turn 1 -
    WoL - Brave Presence (+2 upgraded)
    Mystea - Triteleia Wall (+1 upgraded)
    Lotus Mage Fina - Divine Veil
    Sylvia - Cover Shield
    Orlandeau - Divine Ruination (+2 upgraded)
    Friend Orlandeau- Divine Ruination (+2 upgraded)
    Turn 2 -
    WoL - Full Break
    Mystea - Clear Veil
    Lotus Mage Fina - Reraise Mystea and WoL
    Sylvia - Guard
    Turn 3 - Here is where he kept one shotting my Mystea and WoL (even though we hadnt passed 50%). Basically, if either one of them is down when the turn ends, youre done because you cant provoke or Trit Wall
    WoL - Embolden
    Mystea - Destination
    Lotus Mage Fina - Reraise Lotus Mage Fina and Sylvia
    Sylvia - Guard
    Turn 4 -
    WoL - Brave Presence (+2 upgraded)
    Mystea - Triteleia Wall (+1 upgraded)
    Lotus Mage Fina - Divine Veil
    Sylvia - Cover Shield
    Orlandeau - Potion Mystea because she got the crap kicked out of her
    Turn 5 -
    WoL - Full Break
    Mystea - Clear Veil
    Lotus Mage Fina - Arch Punisher
    Sylvia - Guard

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Pebbles and matt_b like this.
  5. Etzel009

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Fenrir every 3rd turn cast a powerfull AoE magic, I tried with mystea enhanced, she can survive IF you guard.

Pebbles likes this.
  6. Pebbles

Pebbles Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mystea / LD Lid / Rinoa
    Which espers did you use on which units?

7. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I used Odin on WoL in case I needed a secondary dispeller. Obviously Fenrir on Mystea was 2 star at the time. I took this right after i beat him

[​IMG]

Pebbles likes this.
  8. Pebbles

Pebbles Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mystea / LD Lid / Rinoa
    Thank you for the guide in general and especially for your answer. :)

Etherial likes this.
  9. Elrond

Elrond Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    Interesting, didn't realize that Sylvia also had break resist in her kit. Shylt would also be a good alternate choice, and could be substituted in for mystea and Sylvia to optimize unit slots.

I also went in overconfident and got smacked pretty hard. If you've got enhanced merc. ramza(6*) w/100% evade, he can also put up a 6 turn 60% mag break on the 3rd turn that perfectly matches Fenrir's rotation. 1st turn provoke, 2nd turn enhanced blade of justice, 3rd turn mind break.

More than happy to put up a suitable A.Rain or M.Ramza if anyone needs help with this. Was pretty trivial with M.Ramza's breaks and A.Rain's 60% buff. Didn't need the break resist or additional mitigation.

Esper kill is always the most annoying thing. One reminder is that if you do the chain+esper first before acting with other units, you can force close the app if you know that you screwed up the timing and try again. I had to do this with the 2xHyoh + Phoenix chain since I realized the first time I tried it, the esper damage occurred at the beginning of the chain instead of towards the end. Gumi should really modify the esper behavior to match LB or magic spells. It's much easier to get the kill with those methods.

10. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    That's a very good point. The issue with that is you cant both Trit Wall and protect against the debuffs on the first turn. So you would have to choose and without a stronger party (this guide is for weaker players like myself), you will get wiped on the first turn.

11. Elrond

Elrond Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    Actually, I think you would be ok. In theory the only attack that should do damage would be the 3rd turn super roar. So 1st turn would be Shylt->Trit Wall, WoL->Provoke. Assuming the provoke causes frighten prey to go to WoL, you could dispel him on the 2nd round, and then setup the provoke again. At this point Shylt would cast the stat break resist, and you'd be perfectly setup to protect against the AOE break on the 3rd turn from Super Roar. Is there something I overlooked?

12. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fenrir casts the debuff on the first turn so you would have to have bushido freedom or know the party dispel trick. Assuming you would have bushido freedom, i suppose the healer could do it but then you lose any healing or reraises. Then you have to reprovoke, trit wall, etc. Its totally doable but its not the safest option imho

13. Elrond

Elrond Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    The first round debuff is a single target, it's not AOE, so it should go to your provoke tank(WoL). Since your provoke tank is 100%evade, you could theoretically not bother with dispelling it at all, and it shouldn't hurt you. Dispel trick would definitely be recommended, and if you're doing it with a healer with reraise, you could combo it on the backend of a reraise for the magic tank. Alternately, you could use a unit with Odin and do fingersnap for the single target dispel since it won't screw things up as much as bushido freedom.

Plus by only bringing Shylt, you have a whole 'nother unit you can do whatever you want with, so you should be able to keep your healer doing other things.

14. Etzel009

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Still, I like much more Sylvia in team.

15. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Now we have 2 guides in this one :)

16. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    He also has A ST Death. Wich means Genji shield or safety bit. Thats whats doing you in.

17. Etherial

Etherial Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Once i gave WoL genji sheild and Mystea the safety bit, i was good. Although i am 95% sure Mystea didnt need it. The death attack was always provoked by WoL