1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Sheratan (HARD) - All rewards guide for average players with few TMR

Discussion in 'Guides' started by D3-Goldknight, Apr 9, 2018.

1. D3-Goldknight

D3-Goldknight Well-Known Member

Used a team that was a little different, but for those who want to try it out:

General Advice: Don't worry if your team is not very strong, My Barbie was at 942 MAG, Noctis at 845 ATT , and Shantoto at 420ish MAG. EV and WoL only had around 6K HP and around 450 DEF and 300SPR. Everybody else was geared without TMR and pretty shitty only 10% ability's here and there. I gave garnet one EVO MAG 10% and she was enhanced for the extra 50% EVO MAG besides that she was naked ::rudecat17::. If your chainers/finisher and tanks are around this level with some sort of imperil you'll be fine. As a heads up this strategy requires Bahamut, and I unlocked 3* ifrit for the plant killer and plant killer+ on noctis which stack ::innocent::. Put golem on EV and titan on WoL. I did use moogle plushie shield TMR from Iris so that EV could 100% provoke with just provoke and not his 45mp move

Main Team: Barbie, Ayaka (not actually necessary another healer like Tilith or Rosa would work), WoL, Earth Veritas, Zargobath (only as MP battery when EV gets drained)

Backup: Marie (only job - cast dark resist at transformation), Garnet (Bahamut is a beast), Soleil, Noctis(dual wield with wind weapon), and Shantoto.

Rewards: For dark damage just put diabolos on shantoto and switch her out with barbie on any turn, and do dark damage, for earth WoL will have one stand by turn if he is enhanced so with titan he can do an earth move, his cycle is Arms Erasor - Light is with us - anything(earth move once). 20 turns is plenty of time as you will nuke him at 49% with an esper ::up:: attaining all rewards.

Strategy: build up aeroja stacks with Barbie and use tornado to keep up imperil - this will be main damage, only use soleil's defensive dances and swap her for Zarg's spot after turn 1. use noctis warp strike once to get access to PB warp strike. Should be fine until 50%, EV's cycle is provoke - damage mitigation - earthen ward while WoL is debuffing and light is with us. Every now and then you may need to revive EV or WoL, and make sure to switch in a mp battery for healer every third turn when Sheratan drains EV's MP. Make sure you are careful bringing Sheratan to below 50% hp because he will hit you with an AOE dark move so have dark resist and damage mitigation up, also you can not hurt him past 49% until he transforms and hits you. Make sure Barbie survives, and then take your damage squad in, use Soleil's offensive buff and wreak havok.

49% nuke Strat: The way I did it was shantoto and barbie both DBM tornado+aeroja, noctis PB warp strike, and Garnet Bahamut summon in that order quickly.
    The PB warp strike is just to make sure sheratan dies, for some reason when I did it without noctis the fruits died but sheratan was left with 20% hp and proceeded to nuke my squad :(

TL;DR: You may not have all these units, but substitutions can definitely be made all over the board. Pay attention to the units job more than its base star value. Hopefully this guide is a fresh sight from seeing orlandeau/agrias/VoD and 2A/B2 chaining runs. Lastly this trial is definitely possible for people with units under 1k ATT or MAG...dont give up! The rewards are seriously awesome..::rudecat1::

::comeatme::UNTIL NEXT TIME

matt_b and Amir immortal like this.
  2. Balthier

Balthier Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTranceTerra/dwTidus
    I’m impressed with your tanks surviving with only 6k Hp and 450 def and a 45% break... I barely made Fohlen live with 8300 HP and 450 def (he evades 2 attacks and I made him only 75% provoker, in order that the attacks were distributed sometimes).

3. D3-Goldknight

Actually on the run that I beat it on, the tanks never died. Maybe I got lucky, but for the most part til 50% threshold sheratan would hit EV hard twice around 3k damage then around 2k, and then like clockwork WoL stepped in the way and would take the rest of the 6 hits or so at around 400 damage each. On each third turn she would heal up EV a little bit, and because he was the only one who took damage zarg would step in for Ayaka and full restore him with some MP as well

4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    WoL's Light is with us has 50-70% damage reduction. So his 'effective' HP is around ~15000 in that set up.

5. Balthier

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTranceTerra/dwTidus
    But that’s a nice guide! I did it with Fohlen, Basch, Refia, Roy and Ashe/Agrias (I didn’t prepare for the <20 turns kills). And wrecking team: Timothy, Garnet, Prompto and Amelia.

D3-Goldknight likes this.
  6. D3-Goldknight

Thanks! I actually have prompto and amelia, I didnt know they could chain with each other. It will be fun to play around with them later. I was going to take enhanced Lunera, but I heard bards locked your party in place while singing. Still it looks like you did fine with Roy in.

Balthier likes this.
  7. Balthier

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTranceTerra/dwTidus
    Dude... seriously.... chain them (elemental) in Arena. Is pure wrecking !!! Use this chain and finish up with Odin summon for those evade bulls.

8. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    and my chainer when I beat sheratan was edgar and conrad, dual wield with chainsaw elemental chain.. Now we have a lot more options, and it could even be lara and onion knight with the same elemental weapon (conrad, edgar and others with chainsaw can chain with lara's shotgun move, onion knight's full speed bladeblitz or many others) It should be enough to blast them.
    and my main mage was victoria, since the fruits have innate negative resistance towards fire...
    I did on jp without bahamut (since I beat sheratan before finishing 1st season) and just go with any esper for that mission... Victoria is still strong enough for one turn kill the 2nd phase (with only a negligible esper damage) and supported by ace's enhanced tri-laser

PS : it is hard to break treshold in desirable turn because victoria's damage may be too insane to restrain.... Sometimes you just need to hold back since dual cast firaja can blast the enemy hp quick enough even without supporting chainers.. You must proceed carefully since sometimes I had to swap victoria on the 3rd round)

I did the imperils, recharge rosa's bless and everything on the 3rd turn, because it's virtually the turn when we get free action due to earth veritas' earthen ward..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  9. D3-Goldknight

Yes, there are so many options. I don't have ace and haven't leveled victoria so I went this route. I actually tried to do the edgar conrad DW chain, but I could only perfect chain it like 1 in 4 times. The barbie/shantoto chain is much easier to pull off. The increased victoria damage is probably due to Ace's 74% imperil compared to tornados 50% imperil, but yeah i agree just cast one firaja or aeroja at times if you're doing too much damage.

10. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Fry/Bonus Unit
    i appreciate modern guides to these trials. kudos!

i beat sheraton a few weeks ago using mystea/wilhelm/ayaka/ramza/orlandeau for phase 1 (overly cautious but it worked) then nuked with victoria/barb/shantoto/ashe/garnet for phase 2. may have been overkill but i failed on that thing so many times that once i finally had the units and resources to level those units i didn't want to mess around anymore.

D3-Goldknight likes this.
  11. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    well I used 910 mag victoria, not too stellar but she could pack some punch... Plus remember that sheratan has innate negative fire resistance that should help her damage greatly... Even with 700's mags you can still drop sheratan's hp quickly with dual cast firaja. Victoria is amazing too because she can do dark damage (she has innate darkra/darkga too) so I still think she's made exclusively for this trial.
    Remember that firaja also stacks, and that is the reason why her damage can be "getting out of hand".. 6x stacks and you'll see how crazy it should build up... and ace's imperil is like giving an icing to the cake (and if you use chloe's plant killer imbue, that should help greatly too)

12. D3-Goldknight

Actually Sheratan does not have innate negative fire resistance, only the fruits do. Also every -ja spell has 6x stacks, so whatever element you are using as long as its not earth or dark will provide similar results. Only depends on imperil and MAG power. But Victoria is useful here because both fruits have negative fire resistance, while only one has negative wind resistance.

13. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    yep that is right... my bad, I thought sheratan was tree-based enemy and tree-based enemies tend to have negative towards fire...
    But still, if you slap chloe's plant killer into both tornado-aeroja chain/capper, you can have double killer effect and that's gonna easily wreck sheratan much further. Chloe is particularly useful too because she has ability to raise elemental resistance up to bar-ga level. So basically if you're not confident with your magic dps, just bring her since she can slap magic killer effect to those magic dps

14. D3-Goldknight

Yep very true, If I had my chloe leveled up I would 100% take her instead of Marie or any unit with dark resist abilities. She gives you that strong green magic along with killers, great unit. I wish Marie could provide light and dark buffs up to 70%, its weird she can't.

15. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    but marie's limit burst is amazing, full party reflect