1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Short Walkenthrough for Citra Bonus Stage

Discussion in 'Guides' started by TuanMuda, Oct 12, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

1. TuanMuda

TuanMuda Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    7304ada0b1b40e2159e14927f83f62bf-christopher-walkenthrough-the-walken-dead.jpg

Just ignore the obnoxious opening image. Since previous SE, Gimu have introduced a "harder" bonus stage with good rewards. Now its back, but its way easier than Hyoh bonus stage. Let's begin!

Team Example

a. Provoke/Physical Cover
    Units of Choice: WoL/Merc.Ramza/Wilhelm/VoE/Snow
    Gear with either 100% innate provoke (Plushie, K Producer Jacket, Yellow Balloon) or 100% evade.

b. MAG Tank
    Unit of Choice: A.Rain/Mystea/Shylt/M.Ramza
    Gear with high SPR/HP and 100% water resistance for Squid boss.

c.Healer
    Unit of Choice:
    LM Fina/Ayaka/Rosa/Rem
    Gear with standard HP/SPR, high MP regen equipment is also advisable, just in case Squid sapping all your team's MP.

d. Buffer/Support

Unit of Choice: MS Nichol/Seaside Nichol/Ignis/Ramza/Rena
    Gear with standard HP/MP/SPR, Nichol variants are highly reccomended for this fight since they can heighten water resistance for Squid fight.

e/f. Damage Dealer
    Unit of Choice: Hyoh/T.Terra/Emperor/Dragonlord/Ashe etc
    Gear with fire/thunder weapon for physical damage dealer or standard high MAG for Magic DD.

Flex
    If you can bring a unit that can fill 2 roles such as Merc.Ramza, you can bring a summoner (Citra/Garnet etc), Type-0 units for instant esper gauge (Ace/Queen) or a finisher to nuke the last boss Squid.

1. Io99 and Searcher

- KILL Io99 1st as you did on previous Scorn of Surging Menace. Or like usual, Io will nuke you with AoE attack until your team wiped.
    - Searcher attack give annoying status such as stop and charm, but it can be provoked.
    - MAG Tank can soften the damage impact to your team and likewise, breaking the bosses MAG is recommended.

2. Erinyes

- Erinyes have innate -100% weakness to Fire and Thunder. Sounds like a favorite boss for the Delta Star.
    - Erinyes will initially stop unit with highest SPR on your team, however a tank with 100% innate provoke can take the punishment.
    - If you did use Hyoh/TT, please help yourself and cast Thundaga/Thunder dmg 1st to fulfill the quest as well as evoking esper, as Hyoh/TT can easily melt Erinyes on turn 1.

3. Squid
    - To avoid a worst situation at turn 1, have your phys tank do AoE physical cover. Casting re-raise on him will also help.
    - 2nd turn onwards, have your MAG tank do AoE MAG cover. If your physical tank did not die on turn 1, you can dispel him to remove the AoE physical cover.
    - Killing Squid A first is highly reccomended as it avoids any shennanigans.
    - If you can't kill Squid A right away, plucking its tentacle one by one is a way to go, as they do annoying things like AoE osmose.

This is example video of budget clear by Sinzar, so I think there's no reason not to do this SE :)

Thats all folks! Good luck ::boco::

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 2:41 AM
  2. Stavros

Stavros Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, mRamza, Nyx
    Great guide! Thanks.::up::

One point, if your phys covers turn one on the final stage and magic on turn two, they will conflict and unsure which one will cover...

TuanMuda likes this.
  3. TuanMuda

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    I see, thanks for the heads up!

Usually my physical tank died in the process, thus it free up my magic tank to do AoE MAG cover. If phys tank did not die on turn 1, the alternatives is to dispel the buff from the phys tank.

Will edit my post based on this :)

Stavros likes this.
  4. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

Big thanks for the information.
    It is always good to have some preparation beforehand.
    I like the explanation about job roles.
    This is way more helping than saying pick unit a,b, and c.
    Have a nice day, happy playing and lucky pulling.

TuanMuda likes this.
  5. TuanMuda

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    Thank you and good luck, mate :D

god.nomad likes this.
  6. Cabbage

Cabbage "Hall of Fame" Member

I didn't need a magic tank, just water resist buff from Zargabaath for the last fight. Also for the last fight, I would only recommend going for A first if you can take it from above 50% to 0% in one turn, it gets crazy attacks otherwise. I'd recommend to start from D since it does the Osmose.

TuanMuda likes this.
  7. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

Fire Hyoh x2
    Nichol
    WoL evade w/ Titan
    Fina w/ Lakshimi
    DL

All with 100% status resist

First fight, just auto attack and use 2x geocrush while keeping cover up until WoL gets his LB while keeping buffs up. Stop Resist -> Charm Resist -> Curaja on Fina. They don’t hit hard, no danger. When WoL gets his LB, OTKO the big robot with Flame Blade chain -> Kafriz, throw in WoL LB at end for mission. Baby robot cannot hurt you, auto attack him until all LB filled and Summon gauge filled, then just kill it.

Fight 2 just put up charm resist w/ fina and defensive buffs while taking 2 turns to get the elemental mission done. He hits like a wet noodle. Then just OTKO with Flame Blade + Servant chain, throw in a summon for mission.

Last fight just OTKO the whole thing with Courageous Stance + 2x Hyoh LB chain and Kafriz cap (make sure Kafriz targetting A!) and throw in a Holy from Fina for mission. Done.

TuanMuda likes this.
  8. Jimmy Li

Jimmy Li Ascended Member

Um....bonus stage this time ....much less challenge than previous one. If you are not aiming for full missions clear, you could basically OTKO all 3 boss, they melt fast than I expected.
    My team (rotation for all stages): full evasion WOL (only cast povoke), 7* A, Rain (just cast AOE magic cover), CG Lid (aoe whatever break), 2x Hyoh with fire weapon to chain. (all the units are 100% ailment immune)
    The extra slot is for your healer or summoner in case if you want to do the mission and have some fun with the bosses

TuanMuda likes this.
  9. Arekusu

Arekusu "Hall of Fame" Member

You can OTKO the whole fight with just mediocre Hyohs (~1900 atk) and a magic cap.

10. Macphistofly

Macphistofly Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    That's good to hear, the last bonus stage cost me a lot of energy on failures >_<

11. Cabbage

Cabbage "Hall of Fame" Member

But that's no fun! I did it all with Reberta as my solo DPS.

Arekusu likes this.
  12. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    7Hyoh 7TT 7Olive 7DL 7SDF 7Tidus Fry
    you can also FTKO all waves with double TT and spark chaining chaos flare, just saying.
    I just did the mission with A.Rain-Bahamut/M.Ramza-Phoenix/MT Nichol-Ramuh/Ace-Lakshmi for easy summons/TT-Leviathan
    first fight 3/4 turns for all missions, then OTKO wave 2 and 3.
    first fight Rain cover + stone dmg + LB finish, Ramza provoke + break + raise Ace, Nichol Hp regen+mitigation + Lb fill + mp fill, Ace can use lakshmi buffs (stop/charm)/mp regen/world destroyer/eccentric/fill esper bar/imperil fire (as you prefer),TT attacks until lb bar is full, then full magical activation and chain chaos flare.
    anyway much easier than before, accomplish missions is the hard part as ever.

TuanMuda likes this.
  13. Lukahn

Lukahn Ascended Member

What's the best way to survive Jump About in phase 3? Hit's pretty hard.

It's AOE physical?
    Is it water and ice? In which case--I'll need to buff both?

14. Lukahn

Lukahn Ascended Member

I just did the chaos flare nuke and walked away with most of the missions--really just wanted the 10% 5* ticket anyway. Only trick was making sure I had the 300mp+ ready for the third stage.

15. TuanMuda

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    I dont know about any jump, but it did release some nasty dmg with water, upping water resist and having a MAG cover should help.

16. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Tidus, Trance Terra,tons of others
    I went full retard.....

fight 1
    Rem -> Double quake for earth mission
    Ayaka ->Reraise on Nyx
    Nyx -> Suicide to fill LB and get ressed
    Trance Terra x2 -> Quadracast Chaos Flare
    Luneth (geared with Tonitrus) -> LB for the kill

fight 2
    Ayaka -> Auto Ress on Rem
    Rem -> Sacrifice to fill Esper and get ressed
    Luneth -> Blade Torrent to attack twice with Lightning
    Nyx -> Call Ifrit
    2x Trance Terra -> quadracast chaos flare for the kill

fight 3
    Ayaka -> Dualcast Holy to kill with Magic
    Rem - > Sacrifice to fill esper
    Nyx -> Call esper
    2x TT -> quadracast chain FTW.

all 3 fights in one turn, all OBAMAS, LOL.

TuanMuda and Lukahn like this.
  17. Macphistofly

Global ID:
    Managed to get all the quests done in 2 runs with some soft resetting on that damn squid >_<

TuanMuda and god.nomad like this.
  18. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

Since i dont have the needed units to do the easy way, i will wait until more info is released what the damn squid acctually do. Wiped two times at the squid and didnt know why. That damn * nuked me away both times.

19. TuanMuda

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DFina/Tidus/DL
    Info of Architeuth
    Phase 1: 100-50%
    Turn
    Skills
    1 + 2n InkWatergaWhirlpoolJump About
    2 + 2n InkJump AboutWhirlpoolWaterga

Phase 2: 49% -> 30%
    Turn Skills
    1 + 2n InkWatergaWhirlpoolJump AboutJump About
    2 + 2n InkJump AboutWhirlpoolWatergaJump About

Phase 3: 29% -> 0%
    Turn Skills
    1 + 2n InkWatergaWhirlpoolJump AboutJump AboutJump About
    2 + 2n InkJump AboutWhirlpoolWatergaJump AboutJump About

Note: when you cross each threshold, it will follow the turn rotation as usual, so if you cross a threshold when Architeuth used the 1 + 2n rotation, it will follow up with the 2 + 2n rotation of the next phase.

From reddit for Scorn of Surging Menace

god.nomad likes this.
  20. Macphistofly

Global ID:
    To deal with the squid nuke, i usually provoke with a. rain then cover with warrior of light. That usually gets WoL killed but i usually have a reraise on him so i can hit cover again next turn. Also the Fenrir esper is useful for just making your party avoid the jump just in case shit happens.