1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Should I go for Angela this late?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Vosler, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Vosler

Vosler Ascended Member

Global ID:
    955 681 277
    Leads:
    NV Terra, Event, Elric bros, NV Noctis
    I went for the wrong FF7 unit and got Tifa instead of going for Seph. I've been regretting it since then after seeing practically every event clear using Seph to easily demolish stuff. Since there is no easy way to get Seph and Angela still has her banner up, should I go for her? I missed her shard bundles obviously so unless I get lucky on the banner, I just don't know.

I do have Lara and Karten at +2 along with Cresnik and Bulwark at +2 for buffs/imbues.

Phinny likes this.
  2. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    gonna be powercrept in a week...
    I also didn't get Seph, also I like Tifa. I don't spend more than $10 a month on the game to by the pass when I can use the tokens to +2 a new pull, and I just kind of spend tickets as I get them and I haven't saved up for anything think Tifa and Seph, and I rarely save -- I just do what I can with what I have, and i don;t worry too much about COW, although I usually play around to get to 90, and with DV I like to beat all the levels but don't try to get a top 5k score. So take what I am saying with a grain of salt. I have kids and can't spend much time on the game, so I love time saving units a lot. Angela is great for me because she can be imbued with every element and still hits hard, allowing me to be lazy in setting up my teams and not having to learn different timings for capping. If you want the absolute strongest unit, something else will probably come along. Again, I am into lazy.

Vosler likes this.
  3. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    First of, Tifa is not that much worse than Sephiroth. Don't feel too bad about your choice. Also the easy demolish video's "require" Sephiroth at EX3, pherhaps even with Tifa's VC and STMR(s). Everything that Sephiroth EX2 easily demolishes Tifa can also take on. Actually check on how to beat Bahamut 3*, Tifa's rock. (And so do Terra or even Esther offcourse)

Angela is about the strongest mage option in the game, last vision world made her even stronger because of stats bonus. If you wan't to try her out on some boss i could equip her up for you if you like. You can check to see if she outdamages your Tifa or other unit. Best part is her imbuable LB, worst part is having to stack her LB so many times it gets interupted by a normal shift. (She will not rock at the current CoW i think)

Vosler likes this.
  4. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Ascended Member

angela is the strongest mage we get till dark rain i think and his vision card technically buffs her. just a warning though next two dv with phoenix and anima you cant go past turn 4 or the boss gives itself a massive undispellable buff so angela will take a hit. funny enough though those bosses have 120% strength to elements they arent weak to and like 200% weakness with an imperil field in the case of phoenix. so even though she cant stack to full my angela seems to still beat my seph if she gets 3 stacks and they are both ex2. magic stages also do return afterwhile so angela will get more use there but this is assuming gumi doesnt change the bosses. i got her due to her being time limited and element flexible with certain gear appearing to buff her so she should have a good shelf life regardless. i also wanted to stay top 1k in vision world so yea:p

Vosler likes this.
  5. Phinny

Phinny "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chainers, LB finishers, bonus units
    Having Seph, I *still* wonder if I should pull for Angela for all the above-stated reasons. I'll be following this thread to see if I should take the plunge!

Vosler likes this.
  6. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    gonna be powercrept in a week...
    By reasons, so you mean my reason that I am lazy AF and she is all "set and forget it"? Or some non lazy reasons?

Vosler and Phinny like this.
  7. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I'd definitely pull for Angela, being a physical mage with a non-elemental LB finisher is huge and makes team-making super easy. It means you don't have to worry about which elements your magic dps do and who to chain with and such. She's your magic dps lol.

Vosler and Phinny like this.
  8. Phinny

Phinny "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chainers, LB finishers, bonus units
    Actually, yes! Well, yes to both. Lazy and non-lazy reasons. Plenty of times where I have a case of the eff-its and cap-n-run.

Vosler, Cylian and Isaac like this.
  9. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    People placing angela on the same level as sephiroth are severely understimating her potential. She is significantly stronger than seph while being more flexible. Her only downside is the ramp up.

Vosler likes this.
  10. Barret_Wallace

Barret_Wallace Ascended Member

I wish I could have got Angela to EX3 but lapis reasons. Once I farm enough dark matter for the +10 staff she should be over 6k magic.

Vosler likes this.