1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Sieghard Magic Cover

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by fireflyege, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:09 AM.

1. fireflyege

fireflyege Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sieghard
    Is it just me or does his cover last 2 turns on a 3 turn cooldown. If the cover is like that, there is no reason to go for him since he will not be able to keep his cover up indefinitely.

To be honest, I love the charavter but if he can't keep the magic cover up he will be overshadowed by Merc Ramza pretty quick.

2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
  3. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    I think You got baited by caliber post ::ink::

Sieghard mostly do physical cover tank

Caliber likes this.
  4. fireflyege

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sieghard
    So are Merc Ramza / Basch yet they have magic cover too and they can keep it up indefinitely.

In most fights a turn without AoE cover means death, more so when the said cover needs to be a magic cover. If he can't or isn't supposed to keep is indefinitely, why give him that in the first place?

P.S. you are wrong. Wilhelm is a physical tank. Sieg is both a physical and magic tank just like Basch and Merc Ramza.

Caliber has a post about him?

5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Didn't you just point it out yourself why Sieg is not a good mag AoE cover tank ?

RaagisEd likes this.
  6. fireflyege

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sieghard
    That I did but I was hoping for people to tell me that I read it wrong. However if that is the case it is no reason for anyone to pull him for Basch and Merc Ramza are both better as physical and magic tanks and Wilhelm is just fine as a physical tank.

7. fayleen99

Global ID:
    Leads:
    He play emergency magic tank role, not primary magic tank like basch or merc. Ramza. I said primary mean that's his role.

8. fireflyege

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sieghard
    Oh, I see. I am kinda sad about this being the case though. I thought he would be able to magic tank reliably.

9. fayleen99

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take in note both Wilhelm and sieghard are on the same level, both have their own support aspect which is hard to decide who is the best

10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    You may want to check the threads I posted earlier. They both highlight what makes Sieg an incredible tank (i.e. good equipment selection, crazy good LB, 90% 1-turn damage mitigation, etc.). Another thing, Merc Ramza is not a good mag cover tank either. If he dies or get dispel, that is a big no. Currently, only Basch and Lilith are capable of doing both phy and mag cover tank roles.

IvaNL, fireflyege, Master Red and 4 others like this.
  11. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 kurasame, 7 Hyou, 7 Dragon Lrd,
    160s
    He is a physical tank; the magic cover is a bonus. If you need a magic tank principally, you wont choose Sieg to be the magic tank. It would be useful if a boss is physical AOE but there is a threshold that uses strong magic AOE just once or twice in a fight.

12. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    This is why I don't even use my merc ramza as a magic tank. I use my 6* chow instead. Thanks to the unit dupe bug last month I got a 2nd chow and he will make a very good 7* tank in 2 months. Because of that I see no reason at all to consider sieg.

13. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    7 Dracu Lasswell
    Seighard is a Merc. Ramza with better stats and damage mitigation tools, but Merc. Ramza has entrust and spells like esunaga and curaga.

Looking in the role Tank, Seighard is much better. Looking in versality I think Merc. Ramza is better.

Caliber likes this.
  14. RaagisEd

RaagisEd Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dragonlord
    ;) i'm quite the opposite. Don't really like the character but love his abilityset. (And not really a big m.Ramza fan either) To all their opinion.

Can you give me an example of when having the same unit do magic cover and physical cover in the same trial/challenge or even bonus stage is usefull? (and where 2 turns are not enough)

15. Suvikram

Suvikram "Hall of Fame" Member

His Magic cover is more of a novelty than anything. Everyone knows he's a main PHY tank. Basch can do both PHY/MAG but even he leans slightly more towards PHY in the end. It's just extra stuff. Neither can be expected to compete with ARain in his department. They just work.

16. Jongiks

Jongiks Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hey, i wasnt here that time (although im still logging in daily) but how did that dupe bug work? Did i miss sonething good?

17. Pooch

Pooch Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT / Hyoh / Evade WoL
    Sieg has a LB that increases team mitigation, innate draw, and a provoke with mitigation. Basch has none of this.

18. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    Barusa is back
    Also the prob with cooldown aoe cover is, aoe cover -> Tank dies -> Can´t use aoe cover next 2 turns.

19. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    As far as I know it wasn't anything players could exploit. A few of us had the units in our current party cloned.

My case was only 2 of the 5 in the party and I got a level 1 5* balthier. He was bone stock and was just a TMR farm unit that was going to get fed to the level 100 balthier for 7* fun. The other unit that was duped was my only copy of Chow. It was a level 100 fully potted chow with 45% TMR progress and level 20 something LB. The clone was also fully potted with the same TMR and LB progress. As far as anyone knows the bug has been fixed.

I sent my case to support and they eventually got back to me and told me to keep them and that it would be noted so that I wasn't banned because of it.

Jongiks likes this.
  20. Adamant

Adamant Ascended Member

I disagree that only Basch and Lilith are capable of doing both. One must play carefully and intelligently to use M. Ramza as a magic cover tank, but he works. Dispel is fairly rare and most fights with big lethal moves that M. Ramza won't survive have those moves as thresholds. In such cases, we just have to make sure that M. Ramza's magic cover ability is on it's third turn when we cross thresholds so that he dies (and is re-raised of course) on a turn where he'll be able to immediately re-use his magic cover. In some fights, such as Leviathan 3*, there's basically no danger of him being killed or dispelled if you plan for the fight properly.