1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Slight disappointment

Discussion in 'General' started by miao_the_cat, Nov 21, 2021.

1. miao_the_cat

miao_the_cat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Just this past weekend, was looking at all the clears for CoW and I had this wave of disappointment coming over me.

I'm not really a power chaser, only pulling when I see a unit that has great value. So I was quite chuffed to pull for Lara Croft last month and even got her to EX3. But over the weekend, I saw that most of the videos did not even feature her as a damage dealer. Karten seems to be the flavour of the week and obviously, Maeve too.

Maybe I am tired of this game and it is time to move on...

2. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    If you're talking about just clearing the boss, then Lara isn't really all that necessary, because her LB takes time to stack up and her high mod chaining skills are all morale-based. Karten still makes waves because even without morale his Feral Frenzy is hitting pretty high modifiers and with that 500% ATK buff from his berserk, it still hits like a truck. But trust me, Lara is still going to be on the high score clear teams. The thing about quick clears is that they often don't bother building morale, but high score teams want to build morale and Lara still has one of the highest morale-based bursts in the game so she is definitely top tier and highly coveted. Her 90% DEF break attached to that high mod morale skill is also still very, very useful!

I've used her for all my clears, but I just haven't had time to make a video yet. Hopefully will get around to it by tomorrow.

3. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Issue with top DPS are....you literally have to draw a fight out to unlock full potential.

nothign in game (maybe that beastly bahamut fight?) is durable enough to survive the turns it takes to build em up. (again unless you purposefully lower ur dmg output)

Sartre likes this.
  4. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

Used Lara, not even properly geared. The most damage was from her, used 10k to get cressnick and turn 5 I get to 200 morale and hit threshold to avoid heavy phys damage. Rank 238 right now, can up more

Sartre, Eynskaet and bonerici like this.
  5. miao_the_cat

Global ID:
    I have considering whether to get Cresnick using 10k and also pull for Maeve as well.

Sartre likes this.
  6. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

It is the one I didn't have and what he does only him can do right now, after I started to think I won't use full 16 stars for bonus it was easy choice for me. Already was prepared to get him to 1s

Hillgigas209 and Sartre like this.
  7. Double

Double VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Not Paladin Cecil
    You can still use her, regardless of the cool kids not using her. Unless you are planning on ranking, then you do need newest units. I cleared lv99 with Sephiroth and Siedhard. No new CoW units... Aka Cressnic, Lara Croft, Karten, Chicken magnugget, Baeve, etc.

8. miao_the_cat

Global ID:
    I had a good laugh with that name…

Other than Karten, Maeve and Cresnick, I do have the rest in your list. Will try to see if I can make a team out of them.

Sartre likes this.
  9. bonerici

bonerici "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    The top teams (after you throw out cheaters) have the exact same build for this cow.

Maeve karten Lara Skye cressnik Louise

They are all definitely using Lara even if she's not in the videos

Sartre likes this.
  10. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Ascended Member

lara is being used in the top teams which atm are all just copying sinzar. i personally just used her as an lb finisher on turn three with louise gun imperil to do around 1.6 bil to the boss by herself.

Sartre and bonerici like this.
  11. Wdiggums

Wdiggums Complainer of the gacha random garbage! VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Follow the catnip!

Sartre likes this.
  12. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    I can honestly advocate for spending 10k for Cressnik if you don't already have him. He is incredibly useful for CoW, and has proven he is worth his weight in lapis in every CoW event since he dropped. I honestly don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. His morale-fill skills alone warrant picking him up, and his 3 turn imbue on the boss makes Maeve irrelevant for this event if all you need is a clear. If you want a top score you'll want both Cressnik and Maeve, ofc, but while Maeve will likely not be used again in the next CoW, Cressnik undoubtedly will.

I've never been one to say "get that bundle!" because most of the time they aren't worth it, but if you don't have Cressnik and you have the 50 shards to EX+1 him then I really think you should do it.

Pooch likes this.
  13. Barret_Wallace

Barret_Wallace Ascended Member

Reminds me of the “just use 2 Orlandu” strats when chaining first took off. They always put out content meant to showcase the newest units. In 6 months everyone but Maeve will be powercrept and reduced to second tier.

As for someone who never pulled nor knows anything about cressnik, is he even worth going after with no prior pulls or investments? I been using a random WoL 6* Bartz to feed Angela entrust on every turn(or other) for LB nukes.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  14. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Depends on what you're trying to achieve. Cressnik is a bit of a swiss army knife type support unit. He's registered as a healer and does very well in that role, but he does a lot of other useful things such as elemental imperil removal on-demand, break and ailement resistance, 250-300% AoE full-buffs, Light imbues/amps, can imbue AoE enemies with light for 3 turns for physical tank immunity. So, in general, he can do a lot for your team in one slot. But his biggest draw is for morale-building in Clash of Wills. This is where he really stands out, so if you're into CoW then Cressnik is one of those must-have units. Since he's a support, he will last much much longer than DPS units.

M!to and Barret_Wallace like this.
  15. Barret_Wallace

I’m just now experimenting with DV and CoW and I’m lacking the morale based units like Louise and whatnot. If I’m being honest I don’t even understand the morale mechanic to begin with. I’m mainly doing the events for the mats to get the units and equipment from the store. Don’t really care about the high scores I’m just stuck at lvl 51 where I keep getting wiped because I can’t one shot and I’m sure I’m being punished for using Angela’s LB turn 1. Regardless I’m ok with the rewards I’ve got thus far, stoked to add Tidus to the team next week and hopefully RNG sends me morale NV units in the future.

16. bonerici

bonerici "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    cressnik is much better than maeve. cressnik is 100% defense for 3 turns the best morale building in the game and a bunch of other stuff, and the only thing maeve has both physical and magic tanking.

17. liddokun

liddokun "Hall of Fame" Member

If you're focusing on quick FTKO kill, then you don't have to care about the morale thingie. You can tap on the 'morale gauge' on the party screen and read about morale there to understand about it more if you haven't.

Other than Cressnik like others already suggest, Louise probably a good choice for you. Especially for your Angela with Louise 90% SPR break, fire setup and gun imperil. She's available on the Cyber Monday NV select ticket pool, maybe the price bundle decent enough to interest you.

About your lvl 51 stuck, try bring CD Aerith and put her on slot 1 with 100% draw attack. She'll be the death target, so you can give a shot again. Light element probably the best choice. Add Nyx if need more Light damage boost, the chaining may not reach 100 though.

Barret_Wallace likes this.
  18. Barret_Wallace

So is light or fire the element of choice? I’m far from a rookie, I have a legit party just didn’t bother pulling for Lara or Karten. Like a dummy I let the 2 UoC NV tickets expire earlier this month as well as the 2 around the anniversary, I could have had EX1 Louise by now but forget. Only have 3 Nyx(plenty of UoC if necessary,) but a EX1 Noctis if light damage is necessary. My top DPS is Seph EX2, Cloud EX2 and Angela EX2. Got others like Noctis, Terra, Elena etc…solid tanks with Behemy, Gabranth, Faisy and Daisy. I could gear the DD’s for fire but they lose so much when not using their weapons, it just makes more sense to take a Vivi or Sylvie for outside imbue, but they do nothing else so that sucks. Kaktaria has a good kit but it’s mostly support, I haven’t seen much from him as a dd. I’m sure I could put together a winning squad I just haven’t figured out how to to properly tank the counters without being wiped.

I lack the high quality support and morale units. I’m still trying to brute force everything with high atk/mag plus breaks and a high imperil.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  19. liddokun

liddokun "Hall of Fame" Member

It's alright, I think some of players unfortunately missed using the free uoc nv tickets. But Louise isn't one of the units to UoC back then. She's too good for given free lol. Luckily we can get 'free' Ling from the CoW rewards. So I assume you have Ling now.

Fire is very common and popular element of choice. But since this current boss is weak to light that's why I suggested it.

You can try go light with CD Aerith, Gilgamesh, Ling, 2 chainer, and Angela.
    Aerith NF (normal form) cast LB. Greg BS break and imperil. Ling BS killer imbue (equip her with dragon's brush and call of the wild). 2 chainer chain with Angela LB finish. If the boss still alive, Aerith ded, Ling fill LB and chainers + Angela can go again for kill. If need more light damage then you can swap 1 chainer with Nyx. Chain his BS LB with 3x Bolting Strike chainer and finish with Angela.

Or you can go earth with Aerith, Kaktiria, Ling, 2 chainer, and Angela. Pretty much the same except Kaktiria also give fist weapon imperil beside the break and imperil. Equip Angela with Kaktiria STMR or Ymir gauntlet, maybe can produce a better damage.

Hope this helps you to gain a couple of levels up.

Barret_Wallace likes this.
  20. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    ... So, I finally looked at Cressnik carefully - https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Cressnik#Brave_Shift

So, Cressnik imbue the boss with light for 3 turns. But only allow the team to absorb light for 1 turn. Meaning, we should equip the whole team with 100+ light resistance, to survive the 3 turns? Guide Cylian the Filthy Casual Nowadays, yah? (Strangely, I do have most/all of the units by pure luck. Just less EX+ levels, of course.)
    I saw this youtube 2TKO -

I have less EX+ levels than this fellow, and actually only managed to clear lvl90 once in 20+ attempts (and that may be pure variance luck) ... but otherwise, I think this is a good Light clear. Indeed, he let Aerith die on T2. Just sharing.