1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

So now you can just buy the new unit?

Discussion in 'General' started by Matri, May 17, 2019.

1. Matri

Matri Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Looking at these new bundles makes me sick. $75 for a Yego or a Nagi. That's $150 for a 7* unit. Come on Gumi - are you that desperate?

2. Saiga

Saiga Ascended Member

Global ID:
    They've been money hungry for a few months now. Bundles have been more predatory towards Dolphins and Whales for a few months now, guess they've been building up to this slowly.

3. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, 2B
    I don't see how that would harm the game. Those who are already willing to invest some money into the game might have it easier to get the units they want. They would have bought the lapis for new pulls either way.

And those who are not buying will loose nothing out of it. All the F2P players depend on these investors to keep the game running.

Polka!, toastytoasty, Nouk and 20 others like this.
  4. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    Yeah. Only if they aren't good. HAHA.

That's gumi way of monetizing bad banners.

Actually they could just upgrade their skills to make them worth pulling.

THey have nice sprites and designs... but NOPE!

Too Lazy ! Busy "Banning" Refund Abusers so Too Busy!

Mirakk likes this.
  5. Conrad Mugetsu

Conrad Mugetsu New Member

Global ID:
    As long as people buy them, they will offer these options to everyone. I cannot justify spending $75 for a 5*, but actually we've all been there where we do banner pulls or 10+1 pulls where we end up going over $75 worth of lapis without any rainbows, and for F2P it will take a long time to replenish, this just provides another option for a select few that don't want to deal with RNG maybe (unless they buy the cheaper bundles where it's a lower % rate, then it's still somewhat RNG).

I would buy bundles if the bundles provided a better value than they are now, some are just plain terrible, but I can't complain because those who end up buying these and lapis are supporting the continuation of this game.

6. Ashlag

Ashlag FF VI this week. Suplex is stronk with this one. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    75$ for a guaranteed specific unit is better than spending 50$ for a 5k pull on said banner. So for whales, this is an interesting bundle. Only for them, though.

Cylian, udon, fireflyege and 6 others like this.
  7. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, 2B
    True. That's what we are missing the most. Some decent bundles for those who only would spend much smaller amounts of money or lapis.
    It would motivate the players.

8. Kiramon

Kiramon VIP VIP

Back when Christine first game out it took me 400 bucks to pull her.

However, since I now don’t pay a dime, it’s a non issue either way.

9. SamSTB

SamSTB Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    984 028 414
    F2p. No issues with it, as long as I still have tickets and lapis to get the units then no biggie for me. If this will be the only means then it’s time to quit. It’s funny how they will only have this for bad or older units. Where were these bundle for Esther/Slyvie and Akstar/Zeno banner? Keep it consistent and don’t make is obvious.

Please don’t forget about the 8K lapis bundle for summer fina/lid and summer citra/folka. If those turns to cash bundle then it’s bad.

AustinValentine likes this.
  10. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I'd buy it if I was interested in any of these units. That's what I wanted tbh, guaranteed units, not RNG gambling garbo.

CloakedTempest and fireflyege like this.
  11. RandomMan

RandomMan Ascended Member

Global ID:
    The most expensive lapis pack gives you 18k lapis for $100, this isn't enough for a full lap on a 20k or 25k step-up. And only gives you 1 guaranteed on banner.

This makes $75 for the one guaranteed unit a lot cheaper. However, this removes the other 50 units you pull alongside and contains a shot at getting the desired unit twice (or more).

It's a whale bundle, but whether it's worth the bang for your buck is subjective.

It would be interesting to see what the reactions were if they did this on the bunny banner.

12. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

Refund abusers deserve to be banned, and considering it hurts their bottom line more than just about anything else, it's understandable that they put effort into that. Just be glad they didn't bring a criminal case for credit card fraud.

Anyway, this is honestly no worse of a deal than buying lapis for step up banners. If you're not going to spend, then it doesn't affect you; but for those that spend, it gives another option. Though it sucks that they seem to only be doing these on lackluster banners.

13. Scar

Scar Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Doesn't the bundle also include other stuff, besides the guranteed unit?
    So its 75€ for a 5*+some goodies?

14. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia
    $75 doesn't equate to a unit which players are not bucking wild for, especially if the TMRS or STMRS is not that noteworthy.

15. Ashlag

Ashlag FF VI this week. Suplex is stronk with this one. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    50$ is a 5k pull, you know ? This isn't exactly a better deal.

16. IronAxe125

IronAxe125 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    I personally don't think it has anything to do with the specific units. If this is going to be the going rate, I think it makes sense for them. Imagine the issues it would cause if they started charging different amounts for different units? $75 for a unit, if you want it buy it, if you don't then don't. No issues here, another way to get a unit if you want it.

17. Jianto

Jianto Active Member

The prices are meant for whales as a f2p peasant i don't care.

18. Gibbons

Gibbons Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther or KM Bonus
    I would think this would be very appealing for whales. They already have every unit/TMR in the game, so there isn't really any added benefit to getting more units from the 10+1 summons. Much easier/quicker to spend for the unit directly.

19. Swafnir

Swafnir "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Demon Rain by default
    We should be glad that they implemented this buying system because it is an argument against the "prohibiting-gacha-games-because-it-is-gambling" discussion. FFBE producers can argue that there is a non-gambling way of getting the units, which might be important if new laws against gacha-games were made.

The costs for those non-gambling way of succeeding in getting the desired units are made by gumi and they can determine the price freely. It's a whale offer and I am completely fine with it.

I also got tempted by the Barbariccia Bundle a few weeeks ago and I would be glad if it would become a general option to purchase older 5* units for a reasonable price. I personally would pay up to 25€ for a long desired 5* and this system could also include limited units ...

20. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    This reads like you think Gumi should NOT enforce their terms of service or prosecute exploiters. I could be wrong, but that is how it reads to me.