1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Soleil, Tidus Ability Awakening Q's; Cloud Q's.

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by cestrella13, Mar 13, 2018.

1. cestrella13

cestrella13 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, MS Nichol, T.Terra
    Hi everyone!

So, I have some questions about Soleil and Tidus and their ability awakenings, and Cloud; first up, Soleil:

1. I have enhanced +1 Soleil's Schwert Dance and Shooting Dance, and plan on +1 the remaining dances; which of her dances then gets + 2 (i.e. order of priority).

2. With + 1 dances, what percentage buffs are there? (I believe 120% all stats is after performing + 2 dances)?

3. Can someone tell me the dance order again; my common sense tells me its something like:
    - ATK up dance
    - DEF up dance
    - MAG up dance
    - SPR up dance
    (repeat)?

Ok, Tidus questions:

1. I see his ability awakenings are coming; what abilities are a priority (in your opinion)?
    2. Based on this, where does he fit onto your team(s); specific use?

Finally Cloud Q:

1. I just pulled Cloud (3rd Rainbow, yay!); I am reading while he doesn't have any utility,
    he's is a massive finisher. So, do you just try and cover as many buffs/debuffs/heals/whatever as possible through the other units and slot him for the damage alone?

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond! :D

2. Ashlag

Ashlag Bring Xon in the vault for 200k additional gils. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    All (maybe not his 60% buff, but well if you are in trouble it might get useful), chainer or maybe eventually finisher but chainer mostly (like 99.99% of the time)

While he might look like a massive finisher, he can't fit this finish in any chains and there are better and easier to use finishers that brings a lot more to your team in the pool. Also, he ain't the best solo DPS either by extremely far. My personal opinion is #1, don't use finishers if you can't afford to, #2, 2 chainers + a situational Bahamut eventually is actually far more than enough DPS for every content.

cestrella13 and Keler like this.
  3. Keler

Keler Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eFry/Orlandeau/Tidus/event/requested
    For Soleil only 2 dances are necesary. One offense one defense (unless you need the breaks) then you just alternate between the two. Eventually it's adviseable to upgrade all 4, but I'd start with just two. Either defensive and then the attack if you're physical heavy, magic if you're mage heavy. At +1 it's 80%, at +2 it's 100% then making the next dance 120% 2 stat. Again, I'd shoot for 2 at +2 before getting the +1 on the others for the larger buffs.
    As for which dance to use first, that will depend entirely on the fight mechanics at play.

For Tidus definitely Quick Hit and Sun Crest, the others will depend on your team makeup. If you have Soliel you shouldn't need to enhance Get Pumped!, as for Tackle Slip, if you have tank covered it's not necessary, but can't hurt either.
    And he shines mostly as a chainer.

And for Cloud, he only really shines when you have a 2 handed weapon and a bevy of 5* TMRs. He's still a solid finisher either way, especially if you are starting out as his attack is very high. Just have to get some chainers to support him. His Meteorain moderately well with the Orlandeau family, but ideally you want him capping chains with Climhazard (ST) or Finishing Touch (AoE)

As Ashlag said, better off to cover buffs/breaks/etc and cap with Bahamut typically. Finishers are awesome, but can be hard to fit into your team.

cestrella13 and Bryyce like this.
  4. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation Ascended Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Hyoh / Hyoh
    If nothing else if you plan to use True Doublehand, get his TMR. Its fantastic for it. Its pushed my Olive into nearly 1.6k now :)

cestrella13 likes this.
  5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
    For Soleil dance order, I usually start with DEF or SPR whichever your tank doesn't cover your team for, i.e. SPR if you tank is physical tank.

Then on the second turn, if you have the other defensive dance upto +2, use it next. Then on the third turn, use the offensive dance. After that, you just switch between defensive and offensive.

If you don't have the other defensive dance +2, you can start switching since turn 2.

For Cloud, I just want to echo the others since I also pulled him very recently. He is very demanding for him to really shine. If you really want to use a finisher, I would recommend you look for other options first. Although, a pair of chainer already deals more than enough damage for most contents and far higher than finishers, unless you use the finisher to cap your chainers' chain.

cestrella13 likes this.
  6. Bryyce

Bryyce Ascended Member

Leads:
    2B
    I basically agree with everything @Keler said.

Soleil : In priority 1 offensive and 1 defensive, which ones depend on your team (anyway it only impacts the beginning of the fight, at turn 3 and onwards it doesn't make any difference anymore). And you're better off enhancing 2 dances at +2 rather than all dances at +1.

Tidus : the buff ability can be done by other units (like Soleil), all the rest is worth the crysts and the gils imo.

Cloud : if you can afford a finisher, yes every turn you want him to finish Tidus'chains with Climhazzard or the last hit of his long LB. He can't do anything else anyway. For difficult fights though, when survivability is a problem a second tank or a second support might fit better in the team.

cestrella13 likes this.
  7. cestrella13

Global ID:
    Leads:
    @Ashlag : Ok, that makes sense; I have been using Tidus mostly for chaining (I have an Onion Knight that I am working on/almost have TMR for that will be main chaining unit), and Tidus can finish once target has water debuff and he gets his water buff going/Jecht Shot.
    That's sad about Cloud; FF7 is my favorite series hands down. I'll raise him, if not for TMR, and nostalgia; now where's the rest of the crew?!

@Keler : Thanks for the Soleil clarification; for some reason it is confusing at times, but I think I am starting to understand the relationships between the ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR and how enhancing those stats help team, i.e., higher SPR is higher magical defense, etc.

@Kaiser_Decimation : Oh wow...i'll have to look it up; that's...something!

@aa25 : Yeah, it seems Cloud will be really developed for TMR if anything; i'll still 6* him of course, if nothing more for nostalgia. LOVE FF7; favorite story from FF...thanks for the Soleil info...I'll keep that in mind; I have a 6* VoE, but pulled both WoL and Msytea recently. I have read that eWoL is a great unit.

@Bryyce : Hmmm, that's an interesting thought about Soleil; I never considered that once 2 dances get going, they cover everything anyway, right? But it takes a couple of turns more? I have Onion Knight, so it looks like chaining w/Tidus will be better than finishing with Cloud.

Seven likes this.
  8. Gibbons

Gibbons Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh w/ FB Agni
    >130
    Tidus is my lead unit. I plan to enhance everything except the buff move (never use it).

In terms of Soleil, you need to consider how you will use her before enhancing her IMO:
    1) OTKO scenarios - You really only need to enhance the offensive dance for the type of attack you use (e.g., MAG or ATK). You will get 100% buff in turn 1.
    2) Longer battles - I would advise enhancing both of the defensive dances and then one of the offensive dances. Turn 1 is typically a survival/setup turn, so defensive buff should come first. Use DEF or SPR based on the enemy you are fighting. Then on 2nd turn, you get the extra +20% buff to your attacks. Doesn't matter which offensive dance you enhance since both give you ATK & MAG +120% if used after one of the other dances. So, you only need to enhance one offensive dance.

Up to this point, I have only used physical DPS. So, I've enhanced the DEF, SPR, and ATK dances on Soleil. I have not touched the MAG dance.

cestrella13 likes this.
  9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I know exactly how you feel. If you want to bring him up now and consider using him just for fun or prepare for the future, you may want to consider maxing his LB burst first (it is cheaper to do so when he is 5*) since his entire kit is all about his LB anyway. I don't know how he fares when he gets his 7* form, so there is that. (I'm not bring him up any time soon. Kinda want to wait and see how things go first.)

eWoL is a great tank, much better than VoE, imo. VoE's problem is the damage mitigation in his AoE cover move is quite low and he will take quite a lot of damage when cover your team. VoE still has a niche use against earth damage though.

Mystea is a solid magic tank. She can trivialize many fight that is magic damage heavy for you.

cestrella13 likes this.
  10. Bryyce

Bryyce Ascended Member

Leads:
    2B
    Wether you have 2, 3, or 4 dances at +2, you'll still have the +120% all stats buff at turn 3 and after. Having only 2 dances doesn't delay the all stat buff.

On turn 1 you typically start with a defensive dance to make sure you survive the 1st turn : you buff your DEF if the enemy has mostly physical attacks, or SPR if he mostly uses magic. At this point you have 1 stat buffed.
    On turn 2 you make an offensive dance (it doesn't matter which one, they will both buff ATK and MAG). So you have 3 stats buffed, ATK, MAG and the one from turn 1.
    On turn 3 a defensive dance (any one) will boost DEF and SPR. Only then you have the +120% all stat buff.
    Afterwards, just alternate an offensive dance and a defensive one to keep the buff. Never stop or you'll lose the buff.

(edit : by offensive i mean the dances that buff ATK and MAG, by defensive i mean those that buff DEF and SPR)

So, how many enhanced dances are needed?
    Imo, 2 are enough. Not too costly and you still get the 120% all stat buff. Make sure to pick 1 offensive and 1 defensive.
    3 dances (2 defensives, 1 offensive) are slightly better in a sense that you can choose which stat you buff on turn 1, based on your opponent (mostly physical or magic). But it costs obviously more and there's an impact only on turn 1.
    4 dances, only if you want to waste your Tech crysts and gils. At rank 33 you definitely have better use for these.

Lastly, if we follow JP Tidus will want some Tech crysts too tomorrow.

cestrella13 likes this.
  11. Lansote

Lansote Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    whatever is bonus unit for King Mog
    NotMax
    Soleil

1. Work on enhancing all of them. I suggest enhancing the Def and Spr buffs first.
    2. With +1 its a plain 80 buff with opposite 30% break. (Def up, Atk Break etc)
    3. Her buffs last 2 turns so I think cycling 4 stats is not possible. You could choose to having up to 2 stats. This gets changed when you get +2 since it buffs 2 stats per dance, but you only break 1 stat from the enemy.

Hope this helps

cestrella13 likes this.
  12. cestrella13

Global ID:
    Leads:
    @Gibbons : Thanks for the example of your Soleil build! So that means since ive enhanced schwert/Shooting + 1, should do panzer? I actually use Tidus's buff sometimes, but trying to get away from this.

@aa25 : Oh...i didnt know that about LB...that it's cheaper to do so @ 5* versus 6*. But that makes sense. Thats great to hear, looking forward to having both WoL and Mystea 6* after this cactuar event.

@Bryyce : I see, so ill be set with one more plus 1 dance, then ill plus 2, 1 offense/1 defense. Ill keep the turns in mind when running her.

@Lansote : Yes, it helped, thanks! I like the idea that she breaks as well as stat buffs...more versatility.

13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, it takes like 50% more LB-exp to level up in 6* form than 5* form. So if you want to level up a unit and you want to max it's LB, it is better to do when they are at lower stars. If you can wait, that is. Beside that, I am working on Mystea as well. Hope I get her up and running soon.

cestrella13 likes this.
  14. Eredar

Eredar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Lid
    I have the need to mention...
    Your profile sais Rank 33 and you said yourself that Cloud was your third Rainbow. So everything from Bahamut to how finisher work and True Doublehand isnt really relevant for you atm. You got OK and Tidus, these 2 can get you very far. Chaining and Dualwield is your waytogo for the moment. I would suggest OK for your prio1 damage source. Tidus needs a dualwield materia/weapon first (try to get the bowie knife from the tombraider raid).

cestrella13 likes this.
  15. cestrella13

Global ID:
    Leads:
    @Eredar : Thanks for the reminder; I updated my rank!

All good points, thank you! I am currently around 75% for OK TMR, and I am now using Bowie Knife w/Tidus.

I just pulled Explorer Eileen too, so there's that; Cloud TMR sounds like it'll be good to have down the road.