1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Spark chain on ios using touch accommodations

Discussion in 'Guides' started by wardaddy, Feb 19, 2020.

1. wardaddy

wardaddy Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    818 074 888
    Leads:
    me
    So as the title says, someone figured out how to spark chain using a feature built into iOS. Unlike switch control, this is done manually like normal chaining but instead allows for spark chaining. As far as I know switch control isn’t reliable anymore, so this is the next best thing for iPhone users. I decided to hop on Reddit today and came across this, credit goes to TaeWarrior. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...te_reliable_way_to_spark_chain_on_ios_latest/

If you watch the video it explains how to do it. Also something to note, it seems that the way this works is based off the amount of time in between taps. So basically if you have a hard time chaining this makes the taps “hit at the same time”. If you look at the ignore repeat feature you can change the amount of seconds between taps, they recommend it at 0.35 but I had a hard time getting sparks with it, someone else on reddit noted that lowering the number to say 0.15 makes it easier to spark, as long as you are ALREADY good at manually chaining, so ya gotta be fast. I have my own set to 0.15 and I’m on an iPhone XS, seems to work fairly well. And this works just like switch control, triple tap to turn on and off. Hopefully this helps someone with spark chaining, if you have a hard time getting it to work try messing with the seconds value in the ignore repeat section.

fletcha, pchuan11, Ferax and 3 others like this.
  2. nox

nox "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Xuan,bonus, trial requests.
    Have an android/fast thumbs so never been much of a problem,(cept for qh but that's a dead family) good on ya though!

wardaddy likes this.
  3. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Seems to work. Gotta Test More. Needed to switch off imbues as I didn’t see the spark display with ele chaining all over. Thought I had it off. If it’s working awesome gimmick for some battles. Although I got no probs at chaining. Still very nice to have an 100% working way for sparks.
    Although no idea how this works with an finisher caping. Regina always hit outside of krains chain :/

4. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Thanks! Looks cool, I’ll have to test this out for those times when I want to chain non-elemetal or chain two units with different elements. After finally upgrading my IOS after holding out until my phone became mega-buggy, I lost all my switches and haven’t had good luck setting up anything nearly as solid as the ones I had prior. This will save me a lot of trouble if it works well on my phone. Fingers crossed.

5. PrezObama

PrezObama "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Prez
    For those of you who have this working, what device and what OS version do you have? I ask because I'm on an iPhone 8 plus and OS 12 and it doesn't work at all. It actually does what it says and adds a delay where other taps don't register so I can't chain at all with this. My switches still work so I will stick with that for now.

6. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    19x
    It’s like this for me as well.
    It seems to randomly and very rarely register both clicks

7. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Then play with the delay. I had to test from 0.15 to 1 what’s seems to work best. Now I works at least 90%. The other 10% are not registering correctly. But when it works it’s 100% sparking.

8. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

I’m having solid results as well. I just made 10 runs at the dummy and it worked 7 of 10 sparking triple AR chains. The other 3 were bad because both units didn’t activate. I’ll keep working at it and see if I can improve. I was having a ton of issues with ignore repeat set at 0.35 but set at 0.15, I’m having much better luck.

Edit: just got 9 of 10 sparks on the dummy. I’m loving this method!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Scheich likes this.
  9. Ferax

10/10 Spark Chains! Thank RNGaia I don’t have to go through the hassle of setting up all those tedious switches again. This method is great!

Scheich likes this.
  10. PrezObama

Global ID:
    Prez
    What device and what OS?

11. Ferax

IPhone 7; IOS 13.3.1

12. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    iPhone 8, latest iOS.
    9 out of 10. seems the last was due to my bad pushing both. At least it’s an very solid method u don’t have to deactivate after every chain. Just leave it on.
    I got the best results at 0.15. 0.35 seemed to not register (at least only 1 unit did Atk).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Ferax likes this.
  13. rtt

rtt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Struggle to get reproducible result but great find cos I only have slots 3-6 set up.

This opens up a lot more

14. Ferax

Exact same results for me. Much better luck with 0.15 and 0.35 did not work well at all.

Scheich likes this.
  15. PrezObama

Global ID:
    Prez
    Thanks guys, I haven't updated to 13 yet, still on 12 so maybe that's the issue. When you guys are successful, are you trying to tap both units as quickly as possible with two different hands like you would to manually chain or is it a slower rhythm?

16. Ferax

I’m tapping pretty quickly, but not the nigh simultaneous taps it used to take me to get sparks. I’m using two hands, but not a slow rhythm.

17. PrezObama

Global ID:
    Prez
    Sorry to be a pain, but can you open the stopwatch app and use your two hand method to start and stop the timer? It's a little cramped but I'm able to consistently get 00:00.08 to give you an idea of the length between taps that I'm using.

18. Ferax

I’m at work, so I can’t open the app (no longer have unlimited data on my work phone :(), but I’ll mess around after work and try to help you get your setup.

19. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Tested it some more. Seems if u are already good at chaining and sometimes can spark chain due to luck / being extremely fast u need to set the time as small as possible. If u aren’t that good, u need an higher number. For me 0.15 works perfectly every time. And the best part, I only need to activate it once for the whole battle, as u can still swipe and manually choose ability’s for the battle. This way I don’t have to activate it every turn just for chaining purpose. Way better than Switch in that regard. Loving it <3

20. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Tap like u manually would if you are chaining. Two hands, 2 fingers and be as fast, as u can. The good thing, every chain is sparking. But u need to be able to chain. If u can’t chain, this won’t help ya to chain anything.