1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

SSC 6* versus other magic tanks.

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by mcnoople, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:36 AM.

1. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Is she better at 6* than 7* magic tanks. I have a 7* baasch and chow. I have a 6* A Rain. I pulled a single SSC on the 11 rainbow banner and was wondering if she is a better choice than my chow. It looks like all she gains at 7* is bulk and cool downs.

I don't want to UoC her since I will be getting more 5* EX tickets and freebie 10+1 in the next few days and that is how my luck works anyways. Should I stick with chow and hope for GLEX buffs in a couple months.

Also kinda related. Why does everyone always list Golem as a source of innate draw? I don't see any mention of him granting innate provoke, I only see his provoke skill which uses a turn.

2. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    Stats are very important for tanking, 7* tanks are generally much better.

Road Ants likes this.
  3. Arashi

Arashi Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, [Event] x2, Circe, Zeno
    Unless you can somehow get her stats to match Chow's, pretty sure 7*'s are still better. you need that bulk since magic tanks are usually taking 6 units of damage when they cover.

Also I have no idea about the Golem Provoke thing. Maybe they're confusing it with his auto-cover

Road Ants likes this.
  4. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Elena, KRain, MW Terra
    0xA5
    It's... a bit more complicated than just bulk, though that does compose a huge portion of it. A lot of it depends on what you're facing, and what your other options are.

A LOT of magic attacks are elemental, and your resists can largely negate the need for bulk under certain conditions. Basch doesn't have any innate elemental resistances, and that hurts him a lot. Chow has 50% Light/Dark, which is nice, and SSC has 70% ice at 6* (and 70% Light at 7*). So depending on what you're facing, one or the other might be a better choice.

The other point to bring up is kind of tied in with bulk, but more broadly: SCC is the only one of those three with mitigations. At 6* Level 100, her eHP is only about half of what it is at 7* level 120, but she still has a 45% aoe general mitigation on her LB, and a 30% aoe magic mitigation she can cast whenever you want. The LB alone nearly doubles her bulk, back up to the same range as 7* Chow or Basch, but it also increases the eHP of the entire party by 90%. If you're dealing with fixed attacks that can't be covered or provoked (pretty common in later trials), and are confident you can keep her LB running, that can easily mean the difference between keeping or losing your healer.

It's not an easy decision, and there is no easy answer. Decide what's right for your needs.

5. Road Ants

Road Ants Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz Wilhelm Fid Charlotte Lena
    So I actually looked this up. SS Charlotte has access to 30% Magic Mitigation, 110% Def + Spr Buffs, and 45% general mitigation at 6*. That’s better than Chow. As for the bulk? I typically gear elemental resistance To match the content so bulk doesn’t really matter that much.

6. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    This is what I was thinking when I posted the thread. That 4 turn AOE mitigation LB WITH AOE cover is a real game changer IMO. I personally really hope they buff my puppy for CNY the way they buffed aloha, malph, and circe. The 30% magic stacked on top of a 45% general makes her look quite solid. I am hoping another pops into my inventory. I won't bother to farm the TMR until a dupe shows up and then I will just moogle the dupes.

7. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    0xA5
    Well, you can;t IGNORE bulk. There's a lot of non-elemental ST attacks that get thrown around, too.

Road Ants likes this.
  8. Arashi

Arashi Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, [Event] x2, Circe, Zeno
    Well if it was elemental magic damage, you can technically gear any magic tank for that. Some tanks are just easier for certain elements.

9. GerardRosario

GerardRosario Ascended Member

I would wait because we have a New Tank coming out for Christmas banner and i dont remember if they said if he was going to be physical or magic type.

My guess being its going to be a magic tank. Because we have been getting back to back physical tanks these past months.

10. Etzel009

Etzel009 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None
    If you only care about elemental resistance, and if the trial you're facing go with only elemental magic damage, Mystea can do the job.

BUT, a lot of the new trials usually have ST non-elemental magic damage, and for that reason you need the bulkiness, and the same for all the team, for non-tanks, is recommended above 11k HP and DEF/SPR high as possible if needed. Even if you're dealing less damage, surviving is more important.

Skye and Regalia like this.
  11. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    Golem doesn't have innate draw; he has a provoke ability (70%) which works in conjunction with innate draw. So units who already have innate draw (either through passives or gear) can become provokers, as Golem's provoke is a 3-turn provoke (rather than a majority of provokes, which are 1-2 turns).

People who say he has innate draw are just confused.

12. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    18x
    only buffers and healers might be usable at 6*.

damage dealers, tanks and breakers all suck at 6*.

13. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    0xA5
    dis.

A tank will double their bulk, a damage dealer will cause entire orders of magnitude more damage, and a breaker will have higher breaks available more often.

But a buffer will still have a lot of useful stuff at 6*, and healers' kits get only a bit more effective at 7*. Granted, they both get EASIER to use at 7*, but they mostly don't do much that they couldn't already do.

For example, Sylvie already has her aoe ribbon/status cure, aoe resists, imbues, MP restore, and mitigations at 6*. At 7*, she gains some bulk, some buffs/breaks that she can only keep up 1/2 of the time, and an aoe curaga/regen/mp restore that she can only use ever 4 turns. That's useful, but nowhere near as much as what Esther got at 7*.

14. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    18x
    Look at Warrior of Light Lenna....
    her 6* form has everything you might need.
    all skills she gets as a 7* are laughable bad and that weird and completely unnecessary AoE entrust (which is basically the ONLY thing she cannot dualcast alongside other stuff)
    the only thing you want from her 7* form is higher SPR and HP....but she'll survive enough and heal enough at 6*.
    I never pulled a second Lenna, and will never spend UoCs on that trainwreck of a 7* form.
    and still, used 6* Lenna on some of the hardest trials on the game like Emperor SBB and Scorn of Wicked Moon and she was great both times.