1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Star Ocean: First Departure R more limited units please!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ShinJay, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ShinJay

ShinJay Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I hope we get another Star Ocean banner. More limited units will awesome! Hopefully more supports, tanks, and breakers.

Seven likes this.
  2. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Yeah more units that are either powercrept after a month or are already outdated the moment they're released (hi Randi).

The game was awesome tho, first two SO games are so much better than the rest.

Seven likes this.
  3. Evoker

Evoker Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena
    I was so excited when we got Fayt, Rena and Sophia (I also liked the other units but, for obvious reasons, their utility wasn't that great), and I hope we get some more useful units.

Some suggestions of roles (skipping most sword and katana users <.<):
    -Bacchus (SO4): Physical tank
    -Millie (SO1): Healer
    -Peppita (SO3): Buffer
    -Precis (Debuffer)
    -Ioshua Jerand (SO1): Healer (male healers, please)

Tamamo05 likes this.
  4. ExHaseo

ExHaseo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Regina, Randi
    Considering GL SOA completely failed and is getting shut down, I highly doubt we'll be getting any SO characters on GL any time soon. I say this as a huge SO fan, with First Departure being one of my favorite games of all time.

Tamamo05 and FaRFrOmPoOpIn like this.
  5. Reiswind

Reiswind Ascended Member

So2
    Dias flac chainer
    Ashton chainer
    Precis debuff and chainer
    Give me those three and ill break the bank.

Evoker likes this.
  6. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Never heard of this SO, is it a remake of part 1?

7. Mcleod

Mcleod Der Langrisserlord - Retired VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDW Chuck Norris
    Star ocean ::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::

Land of waifus... now lost on GL.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Give me my Welch, Nel and Claire waifus!

8. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

As to SOA I didn't know it was closing. The problem with it is it is a console game on phones and while that works really well for JP that isn't automatically going to work as well in other areas. JP does a lot of commuting which is the reason most give for how popular phone games have become. Where console gaming has supposedly shrunk quite a bit in Japan, but in place like the US it is still preferred over mobile gaming for may types of games. Maybe if they would have at least brought it to PC like Mobius, it might have picked up enough players to keep it alive. We will never know.

As to the new game who knows. SO seems to be a problem for...reasons. We will just have to wait and see. I'm not sure if I would pull or not.

We are still waiting for enhancements. While we might just get crap, there is the possibility that we could get something good and makes them useful. Well actually Rena and Sophia are useful. Fayt sadly was left behind even before his 7*. Which was totally unnecessary, since the game had already changed enough to fix his flaws. :(

Evoker likes this.
  9. Kiramon

Kiramon VIP VIP

Rena needs myra level changes :(

Evoker and Mcleod like this.