1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Star Player Tidus really good NVA?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Multil8or, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Multil8or

Multil8or Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I am not a Tidus fan boy but it seems he is quite good? His Japanese version has no element attached to his LB and his dmg goes up to a 240x modifier... And he can imbue himself to 3 or 4 elements... I think that is quite worth it...
    I am to lazy to do the maths but is the 240x modifier maybe better in the right element then to go with off element with maybe Tifa or Sephiroth with a 350x modifier? I don't know how far away the elemental resistances are if you compare a 'right' element with a 2 element hit (1 on element 1 off element).

AG least for a UoC-able unit he is very good...
    Or did I miss anything???

Hillgigas209 and Sartre like this.
  2. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    i'd say hes fine.
    not worth UoC though.

3. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    He's definitely a nice upgrade, and one of the few meta-relevant NVAs out there. His SLB being AoE might come in handy in certain situations where many of our biggest hitters are currently only ST. If the enemies match his killer buffs then he excels, and any water/light element fights he'll be very handy with those 135% imperils!

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  4. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lara Croft|Elena|NV Lunafreya|Bonus
    One of his biggest selling points is the innate 6x chain cap (at EX+2) while being a TDH unit - no need for NV Lightning's STMR or the CoW items.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  5. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Ascended Member

Hes extremely good but really wants ex3 to get the full benefit of him. Im one uoc away from ex3 so i will definitely be doing it .

Hes also very easy to gear at ex3 just an all round great unit.

6. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    He is top tier NVA, specially since he is a non-elemental finisher that can come close to the top tier element locked damage dealers when off-element.

7. Barret_Wallace

Barret_Wallace Ascended Member

If I can’t get him to EX3 I won’t use him. The 1000 flat atk is necessary since he hits the 400% caps so easily. If I didn’t have Angela his SLB would def. be more impressive but as it stands she’s basically firing off his SLB turn 1 and way ahead by the time he activates turn 3.

8. Spartan 363

Spartan 363 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    He's pretty good for an NVA unit. I had enough dupes to get my first one to EX3 and the second at EX2 where I'm one dupe away from EX3, so I grabbed the last one I needed with my UoC tickets since he will also be relevant to Aurons banner next week. I also have an army of Jecht to EX3 him and have enough for an EX1 dupe.