1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Event Steel Castle Melfikya / Item World | 11/8 End of maintenance - 11/14 Start of maintenance

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Carnefix, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Spooky Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    [Steel Castle Melfikya / Item World]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

During this event you can acquire new abilities to enhance your equipment by clearing the event's dungeon.

You can add up to 3 abilities to any piece of equipment.

Also, all equipment owned can be enhanced, but the type of equipment that can be selected during the event (such as large swords, short swords, rods, etc.) will vary from time to time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can access the Equipment Enhancement Event from the button on the home screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Select the equipment you wish to enhance.

[​IMG]

* If you select equipment currently attached to a unit, it will be unequipped automatically.
    However, please be aware that you will not be asked to confirm whether you would like to automatically unequip any equipment your party is currently using in the Chamber of Arms.

[​IMG]
    The abilities you can acquire vary from floor to floor.
    Certain equipment types may have a chance to obtain a rare ability.
    Rare abilities set for each individual floor can be seen on the event rules screen by tapping on the "Available Rare Abilities" button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Select the dungeon, and venture into each floor upon choosing your companion and party.

[​IMG]

* You can select a different companion each time you challenge a floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There are multiple floors in each dungeon, and by clearing one of them you will always be able to choose from 3 different abilities chosen at random.
    However, you will be able to obtain only 1 of the 3 abilities.
    Select the ability that you want most and it will be added to your equipment undergoing enhancements.

[​IMG]

* There is a chance that the 3 abilities to choose from may contain 2 or more copies of the same ability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If the equipment undergoing enhancement already has 3 abilities added to it, you may replace 1 of them with one of the new abilities presented to you, or discard all new abilities obtained.

[​IMG]

Clearing all the floors available will render the dungeon completed, and the equipment enhancements will conclude.
    If the equipment selected had already been enhanced before, you will be given the option to leave the dungeon with your newly obtained abilities, or with the set you had acquired previously.
    The selection screen will not show if you choose a weapon with no previous enhancement.
    * Following this, the equipment will once again become equippable with its newly added abilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The equipment enhanced during the Equipment Enhancement Event can be viewed from your inventory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can obtain event pts according to your battle results.

Event Pts: Obtainable upon clearing floors
    Monster Kill Bonus: Obtainable by defeating monsters

[​IMG]
    You can obtain event rewards based on your event points.
    These event rewards include limited equipment and abilities, which will vary from event to event!
    Completion rewards can be seen by tapping on the Rewards button on the top right of the screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After you clear a floor, you will be given the choice to venture into the next one or retire from the dungeon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If you reach the Game Over screen before clearing all the floors in the dungeon, you will lose all abilities obtained up until that point.
    However, you may choose to use lapis to retire from the dungeon in order to keep all of the abilities you obtained for your equipment.
    If you already had an ability set for that particular piece of equipment, your newly obtained abilities will be reversed to that set upon failing to clear the dungeon.

◆ Accessing the Dungeon

Vortex → Equipment Enhancement Event
    [​IMG]

◆ Rare Abilities Available for this Event
    upload_2018-11-7_10-31-47.png

◆ Other Abilities
    upload_2018-11-7_10-32-7.png

* If a weapon undergoing enhancement is left in the weapon enhancement dungeon by the time the event has ended, the weapon will be returned with the latest abilities it has acquired. If the weapon is not returned upon the completion of the event, please try restarting the app.

[Event Period]
    Thursday 11/8 End of maintenance - Wednesday 11/14 Start of maintenance (PST)​

[Event Details]
    Featured Weapons: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Select the equipment you wish to enhance. Each equipment has 3 ability slots to enhance.
      • If you select equipment currently attached to a unit, it will be unequipped automatically from all parties.
      • Not all types of weapon will be available to enhance.
    • Select the dungeon, and venture into each floor upon choosing your companion and party.
      • Each entry will consume 1 orb. You can hold up to 10 orbs at a time, with 1 orb given per hour. Ranking up or using Lapis refresh for [​IMG]100 will refill them to full. You can use Equipment Enhancement Orb Restore to restore 1 orb each.
      • There are a total of 10 floors. Each floor will be increasing in difficulty, but also higher chance of rare or strong abilities.
      • When you first enter this event, your regular party sets will be copied as a new, completely separate sets of party. You can equip different equipment and unit to this party set without changing other parties.
    • Each time you clear a floor, you will obtain event points and an ability.
      • You may choose 1 from 3 different abilities chosen at random.
      • You may not choose an identical ability already enhanced to those 3 slots.
      • If those 3 slots are already filled, you may replace 1 of them, or skip.
    • Clearing all the floors available will render the dungeon completed.
      • You can also choose to leave on any floor and keep all of the abilities you've obtained.
      • In the case of game over, you can either retire with [​IMG]100 and keep all of the abilities you've obtained, or leave and lose them.
      • If the equipment selected had already been enhanced before, you will be given the option to choose between your newly obtained abilities, or with the set you had acquired previously.
    • Available abilities and the chances of acquiring rate abilities:
    [Previous Event Threads]
    More Information in the wiki: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Steel_Castle_Melfikya

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    BigNBald5, Breno, Omega.Prime and 8 others like this.
  2. nox

nox Ascended Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zargashower,awakened rain,hyoh,bonus
    Yes....now i can enhance my bell for merc ramza and my newly aquired tonitrus for hyoh... Excellent...(also sasukes katana maneater plus mace ect...)

3. Flame_alchemist

Flame_alchemist Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus,eTTerra,Basch,lm fina and noctis
    I have so much shit to enhance.
    What should I do?
    Lilith tmr
    Flaming agni
    Malphasie tmr
    Bronte

Omega.Prime and lupinorris like this.
  4. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze Active Member

Yes this is one amazing batch::rudecat3::

Alucardsoma likes this.
  5. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Slothing around VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Killberta
    Joy, oh wonderful Joy!
    Hell, yes! lilith's mace will get minimum 4 Rares! 90 refill flasks are waiting to be spend! This are great news, thanks Carnefix!
    Hope to get her HP above 18000 now :)

Alucardsoma and nox like this.
  6. Setzer_Gabbiani

Setzer_Gabbiani Ascended Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh,events Rotation
    My Bahamut tear like this.

7. Scoustar

Scoustar Scary VIP VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    130ish
    Woop woop!

Malboro's Tentacle time ::rudecat3:: (maybe skip the MP +30% though)

Flaming Blade Agni too ::rudecat1::

Might have to moogle Eiko ::rudecat4::

Damn you @Carnefix!! Yes, I am shooting the messenger ::rudecat16::

8. Lótus Haddock

Lótus Haddock Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    7 Dracu Lasswell
    I have Masamune with 25% HP/Atk, my objective is 15%HP and 40% Atk!

9. Awerinc

Awerinc Well-Known Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Emperor, Barb, Hyoh
    So much to do.
    Midnight Star will get first priority, followed by Flaming Blade Agni, Masamune and Sparky.
    And maybe something for Gaia Bell as well if I get lucky with the other ones.

10. Master Red

Master Red The Living Legend VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    ???
    ???
    Wow, very nice selection
    Flaming blade Agni, Malboro's tentacle, Sasuke's katana, Gaia bell...I will enhance them all

nox likes this.
  11. Veralian

Veralian Cherry on top VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Usually Hyoh
    So maces...fangbreaker with it's innate 15% HP will be useful, what tank can use it? (Obviously don't have Lilith otherwise would enhance her TM).

12. Caliber

Caliber "Hall of Fame" Member

Woohoo
    Time to dual wield midnight star on Lilith

Alucardsoma, lceman and Lyra like this.
  13. Eureka

Eureka Member

Global ID:
    561 229 886
    Leads:
    Rem
    Why so many weapons at the same time suddenly? Don't tell me this is the last enhancement :eek: ....not right?

Fenix808 likes this.
  14. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Wolf of Lapis Street. Proud Evade user. Staff Member Moderator VIP Spooky Supporter

I was hoping we'd get all weapons available this time... Come on Gumi, my Kurasame needs Fryevia's needle to be upgraded ::rudecat2:: (I didn't have the needle when the IW with swords came out.)

15. feitian87

feitian87 F2pl0rd VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Barb, TT, Loren, Lilith
    How do people tell which weapons are in the batch from the notice? I can never tell till the item world is physically up in-game...

16. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Spooky Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    In the banner. Here:
    upload_2018-11-7_11-50-57.png

Or here:
    upload_2018-11-7_11-51-30.png

Master Red and feitian87 like this.
  17. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Fire Hyoh or bonus unit
    Eiko likes this.

Lukahn and Road Ants like this.
  18. feitian87

feitian87 F2pl0rd VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Barb, TT, Loren, Lilith
    Thanks, you're the man. ;)

And oh, I didn't realize they actually put up the exact icons in the banner image. I just assumed it was a generic image.

Dooz likes this.
  19. Awerinc

Awerinc Well-Known Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Emperor, Barb, Hyoh
    Now there's an Idea i never really thought of before, I've been considering getting another Ziedrich for her to use but it's true that with some decent Enhancements a second Midnight Star should mitigate the stat loss of a Materia Slot dedicated to Dual Wield.

Alucardsoma and Caliber like this.
  20. Novaultima

Novaultima "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    thecarryallnichol
    Alright. This time i will farm the shait out of this IW to get max stats on fists and max my Prishes ::rudecat5::

Also, ye. Tank improvement time.

Alucardsoma and BigNBald5 like this.