1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Event Steel Castle Melfikya / Item World | Friday, 8/9 1:00 - Friday, 8/16 00:59 PDT

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Carnefix, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Carnefix

Carnefix News bot Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Esther, Cilka, Circe, Cid
    [Steel Castle Melfikya / Item World]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During this event you can acquire new abilities to enhance your equipment by clearing the event's dungeon.

You can add up to 3 abilities to any piece of equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can access the Equipment Enhancement Event from the button on the home screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Select the equipment you wish to enhance.

[​IMG]

* If you select equipment currently attached to a unit, it will be unequipped automatically.

However, please be aware that you will not be asked to confirm whether you would like to automatically unequip any equipment your party is currently using in the Chamber of Arms.

[​IMG]
    The abilities you can acquire vary from floor to floor.
    Certain equipment types may have a chance to obtain a rare ability.

Rare abilities set for each individual floor can be seen on the event rules screen by tapping on the "Available Rare Abilities" button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Select the dungeon, and venture into each floor upon choosing your companion and party.

[​IMG]

* You can select a different companion each time you challenge a floor.

[​IMG]
    Each time you clear a floor, you will obtain event pts and an ability.
    [​IMG]
    There are multiple floors in each dungeon, and by clearing one of them you will always be able to choose from 3 different abilities chosen at random.
    However, you will be able to obtain only 1 of the 3 abilities.

Select the ability that you want most and it will be added to your equipment undergoing enhancements.

[​IMG]

* There is a chance that the 3 abilities to choose from may contain 2 or more copies of the same ability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If the equipment undergoing enhancement already has 3 abilities added to it, you may replace 1 of them with one of the new abilities presented to you, or discard all new abilities obtained.

[​IMG]

Clearing all the floors available will render the dungeon completed, and equipment enhancements will be finalized.

If the equipment selected had already been enhanced before, you will be given the option to leave the dungeon with your newly obtained abilities, or with the set you had acquired previously.

The selection screen will not show if you choose a weapon with no previous enhancement.

*Following enhancement, the equipment will once again become equippable with its newly added abilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The equipment enhanced during the Equipment Enhancement Event can be viewed from your inventory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can obtain event pts according to your battle results.

Event Pts: Obtainable upon clearing floors
    Monster Kill Bonus: Obtainable by defeating monsters

[​IMG]
    You can obtain event rewards based on your event points.

These event rewards include limited equipment and abilities, which will vary from event to event!

Completion rewards can be seen by tapping on the Rewards button on the top right of the screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After you clear a floor, you will be given the choice to venture into the next one or retire from the dungeon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    If you reach the Game Over screen before clearing all the floors in the dungeon, you will lose all abilities obtained up until that point.

However, you may choose to use lapis to retire from the dungeon in order to keep all of the abilities you obtained for your equipment.

If you already had an ability set for that particular piece of equipment, your newly obtained abilities will be reversed to that set upon failing to clear the dungeon.

◆ Accessing the Dungeon

Vortex → Equipment Enhancement Event
    [​IMG]

◆ Rare Abilities Available for this Event
    upload_2019-8-7_22-3-39.png

◆ Other Abilities
    upload_2019-8-7_22-3-54.png

* If a weapon undergoing enhancement is left in the weapon enhancement dungeon by the time the event has ended, the weapon will be returned with the previous abilities it has acquired. If the weapon is not returned upon the completion of the event, please try restarting the app.

[Note]
    * If a weapon undergoing enhancement is left in the weapon enhancement dungeon by the time the event has ended, the weapon will be returned with the previous abilities it has acquired. If the weapon is not returned upon the completion of the event, please try restarting the app.​

[Event Period]
    Friday, 8/9 1:00 - Friday, 8/16 00:59 PDT

[Event Details]
    Featured Weapons/Abilities:
    All weapons can be enhanced during this event and all have the boosted rate abilities
    • Select the equipment you wish to enhance. Each equipment has 3 ability slots to enhance.
      • If you select equipment currently attached to a unit, it will be unequipped automatically from all parties.
      • Not all types of weapon will be available to enhance.
    • Select the dungeon, and venture into each floor upon choosing your companion and party.
      • Each entry will consume 1 orb. You can hold up to 10 orbs at a time, with 1 orb given per hour. Ranking up or using Lapis refresh for ::lapis::100 will refill them to full. You can use Equipment Enhancement Orb Restore to restore 1 orb each.
      • There are a total of 10 floors. Each floor will be increasing in difficulty, but also higher chance of rare or strong abilities.
      • When you first enter this event, your regular party sets will be copied as a new, completely separate sets of party. You can equip different equipment and unit to this party set without changing other parties.
    • Each time you clear a floor, you will obtain event points and an ability.
      • You may choose 1 from 3 different abilities chosen at random.
      • You may not choose an identical ability already enhanced to those 3 slots.
      • If those 3 slots are already filled, you may replace 1 of them, or skip.
    • Clearing all the floors available will render the dungeon completed.
      • You can also choose to leave on any floor and keep all of the abilities you've obtained.
      • In the case of game over, you can either retire with ::lapis::100 and keep all of the abilities you've obtained, or leave and lose them.
      • If the equipment selected had already been enhanced before, you will be given the option to choose between your newly obtained abilities, or with the set you had acquired previously.
    • Available abilities and the chances of acquiring rate abilities:
    More Information in the wiki: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Steel_Castle_Melfikya

Yunny, Hillgigas209, Skye and 3 others like this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, BS Sakura, Elena, KM units
    YAY! all weapon types! I have quite a bit to run through, and 250 orb potions...

Elena's Astrea
    Prompto's STMR
    Elly's Psycho Rod
    Yuna's Nirvana
    Tinker Carrie's TMR
    Zwill Crossblade
    Malboro Tentacle
    Excalibur FFBE
    Onimaru+ (my only 2 handed Katana)

I should also run that Rising Sun (FFVII) as well. Good throwing weapons are kind of rare...

Hillgigas209 and UnAbleToChain like this.
  3. iBuko

iBuko Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Esther, Regina, Zeno
    NG JAKE STMR ready to go. Is the only one I care this time.

And maybe ultima weapon, Longinus and the Rod from Teacher trial.

Regalia and Ferax like this.
  4. Veralian

Veralian Cherry on Top VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Usually Hyoh
    Myra's mic, summer parasol and Fallen Angle...
    Will focus on these till I get some good rolls on them.

5. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Come on man, gotta work that Ultima weapon. Don’t leave Esther out in the cold just because Regina OP.

6. Hillgigas209

Hillgigas209 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bonus unit/tmrs/Xon farm
    I always seem to have one or two more TMR weapons lying around every time this comes back, last one got seal4 on masamune for 7* Sepi....this time who knows what delights awaiting.....

7. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Esther, Regina, Zeno
    My ultima weapon is the Hyou ones.
    So is good for Zeno.

I would love to have that one for Esther, sadly I don’t have.

Ferax likes this.
  8. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Hello IW, Circe wants her rod enhanced ::rudecat1::

9. JMC

JMC Member

Global ID:
    Let's see...

Astraea, Blazefire Sabre, heavily considering re-running my two Erdrick's Swords to boost their ATK, 3 HP Shouts, 2 Missing Scores (so far...both my remaining Barrets are within 35% of another one), Hyades Magnums, Magnati, Mechabo Hammer, Rising Sun (FFVII), Revolving Saw, and Ayaka's Crimson Umbrella, just to name a few...

Not to mention the gil I need to rebuild in order to 7* Radiant Lightning...

I'm not exactly seeing a downside here.

10. JMC

JMC Member

Global ID:
    Same, and that's been a MAJOR boon for me the last several weeks. If that kind of luck continues for me, I can only imagine how things are gonna stack up for my latest units...

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  11. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Didn't bother to think about what I need right now, went in with Machine Gun + just for the sake of possible 2nd Regina popping out. What do you know - rare on 4th floor. Never happens for the items you really want.

12. JMC

JMC Member

Global ID:
    If I have enough orbs to do so, I usually run a piece of equipment I intend to use on someone through Steel Castle a few times. It's been my experience that, usually, by the 3rd or 4th time you run it through, the rare ability will pop up somewhere.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  13. Memox

Memox New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena/Sabin/Basch/Aerith/Loren
    Any recommendations on what easy-ish to get gear I could bring onto this event to actually make it worthwhile? I upgraded the genji blade with some nice rare ATK enhancement, but I didnt pay much attention to my gear lately and Im at a loss as to what I could possibly strive for in the next few days to enhance here during the event.

Ive been looking through the wiki Weapons list and currently have genji blade, excalibur, swordbreaker, Aura staff for my SPR, could maybe get Rod of judgement for star quartz for MAG and about to pump some TMR moogles into Elena to get Astrea and get it upgraded. IDK What else to strive for though because i dont yet know enough weapons in the game.

Any ideas?

14. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Trying to get decent enhancements on Lilith‘ Mace >_> Used nearly 190 orbs and not a single rare. Not even hp above 10% Fck rnging.

15. JMC

JMC Member

Global ID:
    If I'm going to be honest here...

Do as many weapons as you can.

The irony is that it's not so much about what you enhance, it's how many points you can get through the event. If you can fully complete the event even just two times, you can earn enough gil from that, plus maybe the Gil Snappers enhance banner a few times, to upgrade a 6* to 7*. Plus, there's awakening materials, crafting materials, weapons from the points themselves...

That's my best advice for Steel Castle - do as many runs as you can and get as far as you can in it each time, because it's more about what you get from the points you receive from the enhancements than the enhancements themselves.

Memox likes this.
  16. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Damn man, that is some straight BS. Sorry to hear that. It took me about 10 refills or so but I finally got my Astraea pimped our. 30% ATK, 20% HP and 10% MAG. That works for me.
    38FED12D-BEB6-4958-8FC2-3D772565AF89.jpeg

Nouk, Yunny and Scheich like this.
  17. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Another 5 full runs and still no rare and anything worthwhile over 10%. Damn. I want something with 50% hp :(

18. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Esther, Regina, Zeno
    Amazing man, good for you

I am in your same situation...10 full runs and still nothing good for my Jake STMR...

19. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    This time around and the last time IW is just screwed if I use Lilith tmr. With every other weapon I get in a few runs something to keep, but not with this frickin mace o_O* CG Charlotte wants it over that spirit sword :/

20. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP