1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Stern or WH Raegan

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkCobra, Jul 27, 2020.

1. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Who would you level up and use as main dps? I looked at the damage sheet and didn't know Stern was so high. But WH Raegan has better burst and will likely be more for DV. I guess with trials it won't matter. Assume I can gear both decently.

2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, MI Lass, Kuja, Bonus
    WH Raegan. Because I'm MUCH more likely to find a copy on my guest list, and while they're close in damage, Sterne's killers aren't so hot for DV.

Cylian and Wdiggums like this.
  3. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    IF Rain, Kitone, UDD Fina, DP Fina
    WH Raegen is more common to find on the FL, at least going by my own list. Also, Sterne has only one killer as opposed to Raegen's two (but human is a pretty common enemy race to find everywhere, at least outside DV... and when his killers apply, boy does he wreck).

There currently isn't a better physical TDH unit than him though (well, there's the new FR Jake but he's a finisher), so you could host both but make Raegen your main. TDH and TDW units have different gearing requirements, so you can always host one of each.

That's what I do for the five slots on my FL: one physical TDH, a physical TDW, a mag TDH, mag TDW, and the last slot reserved for whatever bonus unit's relevant for the week.

Wdiggums likes this.
  4. leytachi

leytachi "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    963 524 267
    Leads:
    Edward Elric
    Why not both? ::up:: I have them both potted and doored. ::happy::

Pros:
    - TDH and TDW ~ easy to gear both as they won’t share items
    - 300% ATK buff for Sterne + killers for Raegen ~ if you have Xon, he’ll love that
    - both like ice that much
    - AMoE and always up T-cast, so they are excellent partners

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  5. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

I have both and maxed and geared both. First they all AMoE so they could chain together especially with Ice element (they could cover with Fire Ice and Dark) , pretty versatility. Reagen : for dragon fight and ST target only , Stern : for human fight and also have AoE AMOE ability. They are seperate build (tdw for Reagen and tdh for Stern). According to memelord ranking , Stern and Reagen is slot 2 and 3 right now. If you have free resources there is no reason to maxed them all.

6. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Yea forgot to mention WH Regan is easier to find on FL

Stern is TDH? I didn't check. Does he need his lb max?

Man been so many units I had to pot lately but I guess one more can't hurt. Yea I might as well do both lol.

7. leytachi

leytachi "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    963 524 267
    Leads:
    Edward Elric
    His LB already imperils 120% at lvl-1. Going further increases the damage. But... in order to max his LB damage potential, you need to bring him down to <20% HP, which sucks big time. LB also doesn’t add mods to chaining skills. So, I have his LB at lvl-1 only.

DarkCobra likes this.
  8. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

I don't think stern need LB maxed (if you have free LB pot then you could do it) , if you want real LB guy then put ACCloud in your team , Reagen and Stern chain then Cloud use LB to finish (my current team). I have enough gears for build three of them 2k9-3k atk.

DarkCobra likes this.
  9. Sartre

Sartre "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...need I say more?
    This.

I have both and used both in the last DV against Dark Bahamut since they don't steal gear from each other and both use ice element. I'd say if you were strapped for the resources, I'd do Reagan first just because he's a helluva lot easier to cap stats, being TDW, and his burst is pretty bonkers.

leytachi and Nixilu like this.
  10. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Both are good and you are more likely to find a Reagan on your friend list... however, there are probably several fine folks here on the forum that would gladly set up a Sterne for you if you asked nicely;)
    I like Reagan better myself but that's just me. ::up::

11. Nixilu

Nixilu "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    No. The only difference btw lvl1 and lvl 30 is 2.9x in damage. Not really enough to warrant all those pots.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  12. Unpossible_1

Unpossible_1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zenaida, WC Ace, Vaan, WH Raegan, Noel
    I need to try pairing them up myself. Hell, MI Lasswell should work with them both also.

13. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Member

Just use both for dv. Sterne can be an lb finisher or chainer

14. DarkCobra

Nice, glad I asked.

Yea definitely easier to find WH Raegan but I know our forum will take care of me if I need a stern or two haha.

Yea, I didn't know stern had high damage so I didn't use him last DV. It is okay, thanks to Gumi I'm sure we will get our weekly dose of DV every other week

Nixilu and Kaladin like this.
  15. DarkCobra

16. Prime2u

Prime2u Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Yeah. He has 250% TDH with just his tmr so he’s easy to cap.

DarkCobra likes this.
  17. DarkCobra

Very nice, well I will level him up and probably get WH Raegan with the coins unless I off banner another WH Raegan.

18. DarkCobra

Man got my first Noel from the 5* KM ticket (from last KM). At this rate I'll make a new post asking Noel or WH Raegan lol.

Cylian likes this.
  19. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    198ish
    Got a Noel from 11r pull as well, forum-buddy. ::up::

Sadly, the powercreep bomb right now means it's relatively ... irrelevant. (Just see who or what is coming out in a few hours time? ::happy::::happy::::happy::::rofl:: ) Given that i am not going to be focusing on DVs anymore, it doesnt really matter.

Have more or less decided for myself - Just get WFM Raegen for the sake of it (meaning - free), unit and prism, and call it a day. It's a waste of brain power to decide to STMR Delta Sakura and so on and so for, when the powercreep is with the NV mods by early Sep. ::rudecat18::

20. DarkCobra

Yea I won't get the prism or coin until the last day. Just in case if I off banner say another WH Raegen, and then it will changes who I want or need. And I agree with the powercreep. This is why I had to make this kind of thread because I can't just pot every new shiny dps. I still will try at DV but I will still put in the same amount of time. Hopefully just one run since I don't have days to min/max each run. But I do hope with better units I will improve my ranking slowly. But not going all out and UOC anything just to gain some more ranks.

Cylian likes this.