1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Story event... Do i need to finish it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Banatine, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Banatine

Banatine Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CG units/Event units
    I'm fairly new to the game and im still learning thw ropes, but as prople had told me to save all my energy for story, i kinda assumed that story stuff was gonna be easy, but ive hit a point in the new event where i don't think i will be able to progress.

Its all been easy up until Descendents of Ninjas, and suddenly every single enemy is harder than the previous bosss enemies... The spike in difficulty is quite extreme.

I dont want to waste NRG bashing my head aginst a brick wall here, but am i simply not supposed to be able to finish this without super endgame gear? Coz so far, all its given me is a bunch of crystals that i cant use coz none of my units have abilities that can be awakened...

2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
    I'm pretty sure they meant the story in the 'World', i.e. the one you play as Rain and his buddies. That will give you a lot of good stuffs, gears, lapis, etc.

3. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Slothing around VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Killberta
    Don't sell the Crystals, you will need them later. If you have a strong friend, take him / her with you and play as far as you get.
    Event story content is always a little bit harder than the normal story content. For a new player i can image it is unbeatable.
    Repeat the story content if you like to, but i suggest you to focus on the normal game first. You will get stronger units and equipment over time.

4. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    The main story and Story Events are two different things. When people talk about going through the story, they mean the regular journey through the world map, not limited events like the one going on now. While the story events give good items, you don't need to finish them to progress through the game. If you've hit a point in the story event where you can't continue, leave it alone for now and just keep working with the main story/other areas of the game. Maybe try again later in the week if you get a few new units/more gear, or if you get some strong friend units at your disposal!

Also, definitely keep the items you're getting from the event so far. You'll need them for later on!

5. Bobston

Bobston Ascended Member

If you are new to the game Do what you are able to do. You are right with it. In the earlier content you have to grow your Team in the Story and do the trials you can.
    This is how it works. Dont waste your energy . Except you are or want to be a whale ::ink::

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. ToastySol

ToastySol Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2; Event
    I would recommend playing the events just because it is nice to take a break from just doing story every once and a while. Just do what your team can handle in events, then move on back to the story.

7. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Slothing around VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Killberta
    Deutsche Rechtschreibberichtigung an? ::=3::::happy:: Kenne ich!

Bobston likes this.
  8. Hero King Gilgamesh

Hero King Gilgamesh "Hall of Fame" Member

10% trust moogle makes it worth it for me. its not gonna be easy for new people tho.

9. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Start getting strong friends from the forum. I think I have 3-4 openings at the moment and currently have an Onion knight with dragon killer buffs up as my friend unit if you want to send a friend request. My ID is on the left under my name.

10. Justin113

Justin113 VIP VIP Supporter

I remember the first story event I did I hit a wall too..

You should just do the world map and level your units.. you’ll eventually be able to do elite and clear story events.

11. Bobston

Bobston Ascended Member

Das ist so nervig ::rudecat15::Bin aber auch zu faul es laufend umzustellen ::rudecat9::

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  12. YannC

YannC VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something weird
    I brought my farming team to it, the last part of the story event is actually not that easy but it's really good return. Tons of lapis compared to previous events.

13. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Is that raid farming or TMR farming? There is a huge difference between those concepts. My TMR team is loren, elfreeda, queen X2, and I nichol. The one time I misclicked and fought the raid with them I nichol made the fight almost possible. Very bare amount of gear on my TMR team.

14. YannC

YannC VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something weird
    Mostly TMR, plus a Reberta geared for raid (250% dragon killer). TMR team is Roy, KDelita, Loren and Aileen. They are all level 100 though, but no DW and just randomly equipped. Dont' even have a healer just Roy regens.

15. Jackal90

Jackal90 I am, the M00gle l0rd. Valkyrie Æsir Spooky VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Been playing a week now and the final stage was an absolute nightmare to get past.

Make sure you take a carrying friend to help out.

Make sure your items are stocked properly.
    Finish the tough end fights, then use the 1st fights (weak enemies) as time to get your MP back up and your team together again properly.

Make sure you either have someone who can cure pertrification, and possibly items to do so aswell.

While yes, it's insanely tough for new players, the rewards are solid and crystals are needed alot.
    This is essentially the best place to farm them.

16. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Why do you need gear on a TMR team? Thought you just do ES for 10.000 times o_O

Get a proper phone :P I don't need to switch, I just write and it knows both, English and German ;) Without autocorrect =P

Yeah, my first story event wasn't fully doable. If you are so low on rank/gear/units, you just can't do it no matter what the rewards are. I did the last map twice for all rewards because I wanted the esper kill and holded back for too long, brought him to 2% then he did some rage attack and wiped my team xD

That's pretty far. Get a huge friend unit and you can clear one or two more maps of the story. On the other hand the event is still up for a long time (12 days). In these 12 days you can get through the story and get better gear and stuff and try again. I couldn't clear my first story event fully either, but the second one was fully finished. There will be up more in the future, nothing to worry about :)

17. Moriarty

Moriarty "Aren't ordinary people adorable?" VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2
    ive got 6 slots open, a2 w/ 1100+ atk feel free to add me but i only accept friend requests if they have 'brave-exvius.com' in the greeting and i delete inactives after 2 days (though i have been slacking in that. deleted one the other day thats been inactive 14 days!) just know after 2 days u risk getting kicked.

18. YannC

YannC VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something weird
    I have gear on Roy and KDelita because I have used them in trials and was lazy to take them off. Just make sure they don't have DW so it's the same. Why not. Roy is my main buffer so he is well geared.

19. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Understandable. I always have units with gear on the bench because I forgot to put it off. I hate the fact that we can set up different teams but all teams have to share the same gear, even though you just can run one team at a time (like event/trials/story/whatever). Besides 10-man-trial, where you can use 10 units, but that's a whole different story.

Clodia and YannC like this.
  20. dirtwizard

dirtwizard Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen/a2/fohlen
    If you need a strong friend unit to help out with things just shoot me an add. I recently reinstalled and I still have friend slots open.