1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Story events

Discussion in 'General' started by bowerman, Oct 12, 2021.

1. bowerman

bowerman Ascended Member

does anyone know what happened to these? I thought we were supposed to have one once a month, but we haven't had one for a long time. I think it would be great if they repeated some old ones, as I'm sure I missed some when I started.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  2. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    This is sort of a sore spot with the player base. These were a great source of lapis and crysts and provided actual interest and relevant content to the game itself. They have completely dropped these and they have been completely skipped for a while now.

Jatabo and Hillgigas209 like this.
  3. Hillgigas209

Hillgigas209 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NVTerra, Elena, Kaktaria, KngB ,ChrFin
    Story events mode=good times, (人 •͈ᴗ•͈)
    We crashed but it was a good rideᕦᶘ ᵒ㉨ᵒᶅᕤ

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Backosteel likes this.
  4. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Its sad. The assumed reason for no story events is because the global ffbe has too many languages, to translate everything costs too much. This is also the reason a rerun of the older events can't be done because some languages are missing. (I had a little brainspin, what if Gumi gave us story (or other) events behind a paid bundle. I'd be interested to see what would happen ::sarcasm::)

Anyway you can still "do the story events" they are hidden under the Quests --> Season 4 Countdown if i am not mistaken.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  5. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    gumpi makes more money from the DV/cash CoW carrot on a stick treadmill, so that's what they churn out. Minimal work, maximum profit.

In other words, gumpi is trash.

Jatabo and Hillgigas209 like this.
  6. Razgriz

Razgriz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GLS / Event / Event / Tifa / Dat Bunny
    That is what happens when you skip 6 months worth of content to rush the next "cash printer" (NV)

Is just Gumi being that incompetent again and thinking with the wallet, they don't know how to accommodate them anymore.

Hillgigas209 and Jatabo like this.
  7. bowerman

bowerman Ascended Member

Where do you find Quests, season 4 countdown? In the game itself or in the wiki?

Sartre and Hillgigas209 like this.
  8. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    You find them in the "Daily Quests" Menu, just swipe left and you'll see it. You need to complete 350 quests total to receive all the rewards (I think it's ~5000 lapis). The quests can literally be anything you play in the world map or in the vortex. Colosseum/Arena to not count towards this total.

VideoCapture_20211013-081407.jpg VideoCapture_20211013-081411.jpg VideoCapture_20211013-081416.jpg

Hillgigas209 and Razgriz like this.
  9. bowerman

bowerman Ascended Member

So what happens when I complete 350 quests? It only says I get 1000 lapis. Does it then unlock something so I can see story quests?

10. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    There are no more story events/quests in GL. This is Gumi's "compensation" for not getting the story events. We're supposed to take our lapis, be happy, and shut up ::ink::

Here's the news brief concerning the Team Operations letter a couple months ago addressing the issue of missing Story Events:
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/im...own-issues-and-reminder-about-sept-1st.57306/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    RaagisEd likes this.
  11. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    There is no such thing in GL.

12. Wdiggums

Wdiggums Complainer of the gacha random garbage! VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    They are more interested selling units they have to program cg lb for ( why we cant shit-can disable the garbage yet ) their content and programming literally goes into the lb animations most find amusing once instead of making game content imo

13. Avengerx

Avengerx Ascended Member

You can disable cg lb display in combat in the options.

I don't mind cg lb-s as most of them are quite nice to look at, just find it silly that for most units their NV form lb is the one you want to use which ofc doesn't get the cg effect.

14. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Its disable and not download etc so massive space saver and loads 3 times faster ( according to sinzar ) :)

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  15. CamaroWRX

CamaroWRX Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lara, event units, GLS, MMXon
    I miss story events and *real* content.

I recently realized I never finished a quest that involved Silvia, and just going through that reminded me how far the game has fallen. It was cool to have a story event that gave us background on Chizuru, Hayate, Jiraiya and Miyuki (even if it did also introduce relatively useless characters like Otogiri and Ohga). The story event that told us the background of Roselia and how she was related to Sakura was cool. I think one of the last "good" story events was the one where we learned the backstory on Sol/Heliarc.

There are so many obscure friend units that are tagged as "FFBE" that we have no idea "who" they are. I mean, Rizer is such an ongoing joke these days that even Gumi poked fun at the character during the "tournament" thing, when Rain/Lasswell asked, "Who?"

Who is Duane? Why is he a character?

What nation did Clyne help save?

Is Cerius from Mysidia, or is there another nation that "produces mages for the sole purpose of assisting in battle"?

16. Kain Darkwind

Kain Darkwind Ascended Member

I don't know why you guys care about story events when we have exciting new Global Exclusive content like the daily T-rex fight. And who has time for story events when there is the clusterfuck of "challenges" to wade through?

I mean, sure, the story events made me like 3* characters like Ruggles, and every time I see one of them pop up as a shit tier vision card I smile and make sure to level a copy, but what is that worth, really? More Global content like the Esper Event. Nothing like grinding a pointless battle 30 times over ten days. (Or whatever they made us do it.)

DarkCobra and CamaroWRX like this.
  17. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bonus stages for story events were challenging for a bit too

18. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

When is server shutting down?

RaagisEd likes this.
  19. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Every week for 6-10 hours during maintainence, check the news for excact date and times ::nerd::

Also probably a week after the top 1% stop spending, who knows when that is. (Or on the excact week if Gumi is that good, which they might be, i do not underestimate them when it comes to money)

DarkCobra likes this.
  20. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

I wonder if they will even make an announcement. They probably will release some really cheap amazing bundles and then after maintenance is like "Oh btw, game is getting shut down for good boys."

RaagisEd and Wdiggums like this.