1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Storyline Chapters vs. EVERYTHING ELSE

Discussion in 'Guides' started by KylarHaern, Oct 23, 2018.

1. KylarHaern

KylarHaern New Member Supporter

Okay so I'm sitting in Chapt 3 of season one....1/2 through it. I keep getting caught up with all the side quests/vortex quests/etc and don't seem to make any progress on the storyline.

Which should I focus on? I'm a F2P player - don't have the $$$ to pay to play this game. Its more for fun/distraction while I work overnight at the hotel. I consistently log in, play in the arena/coliseum, do expeditions, and such. I have noticed that my weapons/equipment list is pretty bla....should i focus on the storyline in order to get better weapons or are those primarily found in other places?

Thanks for taking a moment to read and advise!

Tanner

2. CaptCrunchPants

CaptCrunchPants "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    The best weapons are found during trials. Story is for Lapis and Espers

3. Raelf

Raelf Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    E. Trance Terra, E. Tidus, Hyoh
    Do as much story as you can to hoard Lapis,

More Lapis = More Units = More TMR's

As the previous commenter said, trials are usually the place where you can get the best weapons.

4. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze Well-Known Member Supporter

You should focus on storyline and get all the lapis and the 100% moogle and summon unit that can handle the trial to get better equipment.

5. KylarHaern

KylarHaern New Member Supporter

Thanks peeps! I finally sorted out my units and discovered i have 3 Zidanes so I'm working on getting a bunch of DW TMRs also.

CaptCrunchPants likes this.
  6. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

Story should be the easiest content to run through except for the bosses. (Use the friends or forum help to win them)
    In the towns, you can buy at later content some starter gear that will help with the weekly events if you didnt collect better stuff already.
    Try to play the weekly events as much as possible. (Mog king, raid, item world, story... events)
    It will take some time but there you will get the most gear.
    You could grind earth shrine for the tmrs but i wouldnt recommend this. (You will most probably burn up there)
    Trials will give you outstanding gear but you need to be prepared first.
    Feel free to ask for help here in the forum if you need specific friend unit for a specific trial.
    Some trials are doable with solo carry units.
    Later trials are very hard even with full geared top notch units.
    It is not that much of a hint but some general pointer to help decide.
    Have fun playing and lucky pulls.

Master Red and KylarHaern like this.
  7. Masvroh

Masvroh Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Onion Knight, Noctis
    Trials Don't go anywhere so those can wait. Except event-limited trials.

Events would be good to do as they are limited, especially King Mog one. Just grind enough to get the important loots and skip it then do the story.
    The most important items are all tickets, including the select 5* one; 10% moogle; Star Quartz; 6* Awakening mats; and those metal cactuars, both King version and ordinary one.
    The secondary are equipments; 1% moogles, specific moogles; some Awakening mats beside the 6* ones; and probably purecrysts.
    Just do the primary one and then catch up to the story for now.

Raid can be done alongside with Story because it doesn't cost energy. The same with Arena and Item World.

Do all the story mission to get lapis, meet the espers, treasure hunting and side quest too. And collect a lot of Star Quartz! You can exchange them to Fat Chocobo to get awesome gears, such as Safety Bit and Genji Shield. Those 2 items negate instant death. And greatly useful as some trials inflict instant death. Your tank would love them.

KylarHaern and god.nomad like this.
  8. Enzo

Enzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Aileen, Barbariccia, Lunera
    Next week should be a good time to go through as much of the story as you can. The story event will have ended by then, and this km event is pretty easy to buy out since the UoC was only for 1000.

You can get some solid gear from the story, especially the thief key quests and from star quartz.

god.nomad likes this.