1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Strategy forum specifically for F2P/Newer folks?

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestion Box' started by elmatus, May 31, 2017.

1. elmatus

elmatus Ascended Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Though the site is definitely still very useful without it, as a f2p who has only been around for about five months, I often find many of the threads offer suggestions/strats/ideas that are simply not possible for me. Usually this has to do with my having virtually no 5* base characters as f2p (Go Lightning!).

I've managed to clear most fights in these last few months, but very rarely was I able to use the strategies put forth here. I'd like to see a forum that takes these things into account and helps f2p/newer players develop strategies that require very little for top end units in particular. I think it's fair enough to assume everyone can find a pumped friend unit, but that's really the only thing I'd consider a safe bet.

I should note there are plenty of folks around here who are great at helping out with alternate strategies, or with making certain builds accessible for use as companions. Often though, this isn't the focus. Many threads that talk strategy seem to assume we have access to 5* base characters, often 2-3. It would be cool to have a forum just for those of us who need to use lesser units to get through events, trials, etc.

Cheers.

Sjach likes this.
  2. Emeiru

Emeiru Ascended Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orly
    But it's really, really hard though without one, and I feel your difficulties, I never had good 5* before, and only had to rely to Luneth, not until the past banners where I steadily amassed a good number of 5* base units that made life easier, and even then I still have a tough time fighting the trial bosses.

People here are very helpful, I'd suggest to interact with a guide you feel like following, then post your squad and some significant details of your team (with/without DW/DC, etc.) then ask for a specific way to deal the content. I'm sure they'll at least help out to give you Esper designations and improvements on your team.

3. elmatus

Global ID:
    It's definitely harder, but it's not at all impossible. As I mentioned, I have managed to beat most of them. Sure, they generally require a solid companion to make up for my own lack of 5* units, but it's possible. I just think it would be very useful for those of us who are in the f2p boat to have a spot where we can talk about how we managed without the 5ers. There are a good number of us after all. :p

4. Feyris

Feyris "Hall of Fame" Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    632 004 593
    Japan ID:
    299 271 720
    Leads:
    Orlandu // Tifa
    78/76
    It sounds like a nice idea, but from my own experience, I know such forum might end up dying soon. Since this game is NRG-based, it's almost sure that almost everyone will get useful 5* base units just through playing. And even if not, people will participate in various events which will give out splendid units (like Y'shtola, a 5* base and Minfilia for example) and good equips for free. There are also 4* base gamebreaking units approaching (Tilith today and Rikku by the end of the month).

The best solution is giving yourself time. Also, don't hesitate to ask for help in main threads as people there are also trying to find the best and the most affordable units for specific trials and events. Exvius Gamepedia also provides links to all the trials and harder difficulties made by non TMR, non 5* base units c:

5. elmatus

Global ID:
    I feel like my op might be misunderstood a bit. I'm not griping at all about not having 5* units. In fact, I personally very much enjoy having to figure out work arounds to take down trials and what not. That's the thing though, it is possible to get through those trials with f2p resources, it just takes a little extra strategy and planning. It would be cool to have a forum dedicated to those of us who will always have to go that extra mile to beat the newest and hardest content.

The game isn't going to get any easier going forward. F2P folks will always have more limited resources and the need to think things through a little more, regardless of how many Tiliths and Rikkus come out. Unless they just suddenly stop the power creep (they won't), the game experience will always be different for f2p vs non-f2p.

That said, you're absolutely right in that there are resources out there. Also, as I mentioned in my op, I've had great help from folks on here. It's a great community. I just think it would be nice to have a centralized forum for requests like the ones I have had to make for some strategy help and what not in the past. I think it would enhance this forum further by making it more immediately useful for newer and f2p players. That's why I've suggested it.

I'll give you an example. Yesterday, someone on here posted a thread that listed the best 4* units to save tickets and resources for f2p folks. I thought it was a great thread idea and super useful. I'm sure it's still here somewhere, but it will get buried in the coming days as new threads come up. If there were a strictly f2p forum set up, a thread like that could easily get a sticky, and it would make sense. I'm not sure it makes as much sense in a simple general forum or anything like that.

And that's just a sticky example, there would obviously be other examples for specific fights, what kinds of equipment can compensate for limited TMRs, etc.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017