1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

SummonerBWM's Unit Builds: Sylvie

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by SummonerBWM, Apr 19, 2019.

1. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Morgana, Elena, Yuna, LM Fina, SS. Cha
    I know it has been a year... a LONG 2 year since I took a hiatus from this after being discouraged from using the Kupo Calculator ceasing and all of my images of the build gone. However, I have found the motivation to go back to doing this again. So, I would like to start this off, especially by helping to cool off the fuse between players over the units and the LB changes by starting off with Sylvie! Now, here are the criteria I abide by.

1. No more than 1 STMR will be used for that particular STMR(Unless I am showing a full build like a FULL MAG build for example. This is to show a realistic build to show players may not have more than one of the same 7* base to even get the STMR, especially for limited units)
    2. Ring of Dominion will not be included because of time consumption.
    3. I will no longer do a "Without TMR" build. It took too long back then with the builds and now that we can have access to TMR Moogles, this is now irrelevant. This will also prevent me from burning out and being discouraged as well.

[​IMG]
    The most powerful support for life on the global side which even Sweet Luka on JP's side cannot touch her! She can heal AND give resistance to breaks, stop and ailments at the same time for 5 turns, boosts the team's stats by 120%-170% on top of mixing in LB fill rates and a 1k HP barrier, a skipping MP battery that keeps going and going every turn for 20 MP on (The Energizer Bunny's cousin), imbue thunder, holy, and earth while also AoE resists those attacks by 100%, and she can use her cooldowns to unlock her triple casting skills to triple ALL of her skills except the locked ones instead of using Double the Fun and Fun Times 2 to double cast certain skills. She does a lot! And on top of that, her LB heals breaks, gives a 35% MP heal, a 3.5k barrier (Strongest right now), and a 75% elemental resistance AoE across the board! Oh yea! Did I mention she can also absorb enemy's spells as MP as well as double casting physical and magic mitigation? A Humanoid FFXII Nethicite right here fam!

Recommendations: In my perspective, I suggest players build up her HP, MP, and DEF. SPR should be optional as she does not have any healing spells and her healer role is secondary. Also, she does not have any regens outside of her Paladin's Duty skill, which only comes up on Turn 3. This would be better for her as it means she can take in the heavy physical attacks. She has 20% physical and magic evasion too, so you are free to place evasion items on her so she does not have to take in so many hits and survive longer. She's a paladin, so she should have higher survivability. Also, I suggest putting Carbuncle on her. It means increasing her LB by 1 and access to ga-spells if she has nothing else to do with her skills. Even more useful if she has Dualcast-related equipment on her. The 2nd Esper you can put on her is Lakshmi as it means granting her access to a charm resists as well as an Auto-Regen. The third esper would be Siren for the Camouflage.

Paladin Build
    1. With STMRS
    screenshot-ffbeequip.com-2019.04.19-16-14-06.jpg

2. Without STMRS
    SyvliePaladinscreenshot-ffbeequip.com-2019.04.19-16-28-22.jpg

This build takes advantage of who she is as a Paladin. She takes advantage of her HP, MP, and DEF on top of having high elemental resistance. She also takes advantage a bit of advantage of building up her LB gauge as well.

LB Build
    1. With STMR:
    LB1screenshot-ffbeequip.com-2019.04.19-16-48-22.jpg

2. Without STMR:
    LB2screenshot-ffbeequip.com-2019.04.19-16-54-13.jpg

If you are the type of player who wants to make sure she has her LB up at all times, then this build will help you. It means an increase in fill rate and LB increase to her gauge. Also, Saint's Aura goes well with her for her holy job and the 5% HP auto-heal she gets from it.

Evasion Build
    Evasionscreenshot-ffbeequip.com-2019.04.19-17-47-41.jpg

Want her to dodge attacks more often? Then this build will be good for her to evade both physical and magic attacks.

victor975, Jianto, Scheich and 3 others like this.
  2. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Realistically for the evasion build you'd want to swap out the magic evasion for 10% more physical evade, though. 20% is very little and just 10% is enough to allow some sort of one-shot ability through. You'd ideally have either 10% evade materia...right?

Doomsbane likes this.
  3. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Another thought, a provoke evasion tank with still decent stats and immunity to all but disease and blind (who cares).

Sylvie 7★
    Right hand: Dragon's Destiny HP+10%, MP+5%, ATK+12, SPR+88, SPR+5% (IW :HP +10%, SPR +5%, MP +5%)
    Left hand: Moogle Plushie DEF+25, SPR+25
    Head: Wolf Mask HP+80, ATK+14, DEF+3
    Body: Assassin's Vest DEF+40, SPR+20
    Accessory 1: Twin Bunny Clips HP+10%, MP+10%, DEF+35, SPR+35
    Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii ATK+30%, MAG+3, MAG+30%, SPR+3
    Materia 1: True Spirit of Freedom ATK+20%
    Materia 2: Soul of Darkness MAG+30%, SPR+30%
    Materia 3: Quick Assault ATK+30%
    Materia 4: Transcendent Soul SPR+25%
    Esper: Golem HP+93, HP+10%, MP+60, ATK+54, DEF+76, MAG+30, SPR+30
    Total: HP:11903, MP:828, ATK:335, DEF:545, MAG:343, SPR:742
    100% Physical Evasion, 40% Magical Evasion

4. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Morgana, Elena, Yuna, LM Fina, SS. Cha
    She has 20% magic evasion from the Soul of Darkness, so it will stack to let her have 40% magic evasion (Although why the calculator doesn't factor it in when Gumi says that magic evasion does stack ONLY from one item does not make any sense). Also, the more evasion, the more the unit can miss out on other important stats and the evasion build can be the most vulnerable build of them all because of it. I really do not worry about hitting the 100% physical evasion because of the other stats a unit will get weak in from doing it unless they are a physical DD unit or Emperor Zarg. Now, unless the boss can actually hit 11k HP in one hit or ignores evasion, I do not believe 90% is all bad at all. To be honest, a player can get by with even 80% and still do fine.

5. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Sure, but you might as well jut build a tanky Sylvie then, since she still ends up relying on her stats for the 1 time out of ten that attacks hit her (and a lot of bosses have 10 or more actions in a turn!).

6. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    Magic evasion does not stack

May also want holy wand on her for dc white magic

She has reraise and full life

7. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Definitely, Holy Wand is awesome on her (dualcast re-raise or re-raise + dispelga). That said, supposedly magic evasion that is innate will stack with 1 piece of gear, regardless of slot and always the highest piece is used. So Sylvie's innate 20% + Soul of Darkness' 20% nets a total of 40% magic evasion. Nothing to count on, but nice when it happens!

8. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    Wow ! I didn’t know that. 40% magic evasion is actually quite strong