1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Surprised it isn't here, but ... Cid build? Just in general?

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Cylian, May 3, 2020.

1. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    You know, DV ... And I was surprised Cid's build is not been discussed under "Unit Builds", so here we are ... I googled, and like much of the time, I was brought back to this forum, ha - https://brave-exvius.com/threads/whats-cids-best-build-now.50977/

DISCLAIMER - I tried uploading my stuff to it, but otherwise, I have never used the builder.

What i lacked is just Machina's STMR (feel like using Prompto's SMTR at times just for the DW), but otherwise, in DV, my max damages score is not high enough for my liking that i ended up switching Cid to a UoC-ed Noctis in the end. Is Cid really that difficult to optimize? No, right?

2. Nixilu

Nixilu Ultimate Doll Collector VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    IDK the answer, but I couldn't get my Cid to do all this "other wordly" damage he does. I have Cid and can't use him right (same with Regina for some reason), but I got used to CP.Noctis and would use him in DV if I had a dupe of him...

So, my answer (based on my limited experience) is yes; Cid is hard to optimize :|

Cylian and Shr like this.
  3. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    The problem that cid has, specially now and even then when I talked in the linked thread is that to do that "otherworldly" dmg it requires a lot of set up and whalish gear.
    Newer finishers require less gear to shine and require less set up.
    CP noctis and Regina are pretty decent finishers for DV with their buffs and turn 1 potential.
    Karten it is also good and so is xuan for the magic stages.
    Honestly, I still don't get why people care about their score in DV but there are stronger dragoons than cid and if we get the revised DV rules that don't care about turn count they will shine there.

Cylian, Masvroh and Nixilu like this.
  4. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Fang and Freya for example.
    Freya turn 6 is GOOD.
    Fang much easier to build, very nice burst and amazing stmr for dragoon.

If only Cid will receive his latent on time... Then will be another story.

5. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Cid is a whale / high end long time vet char. If you can’t build him really well there’s better options. He also hasn’t got his SBB yet in global which makes him better, but he remains a whale unit.

Fang is the more “budget” version if you will. She is easier to build, has a higher damage floor but a lower ceiling if you’re comparing BiS.

Cylian, Masvroh and TheKillingJoke like this.
  6. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

Freya can burst hard on turn 4 if you get her LB on turn 2. No need to wait for turn 6 on DV.

7. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    You are right. I forgot about early lb. :)

nox likes this.
  8. leytachi

leytachi "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    963 524 267
    Leads:
    Edward Elric
    Here is mine. There are STMRs. I’m not a whale.

Kind of hard to add killers as replacing 1 or 2 materias drops the atk stat or +jump damage significantly. This has no esper equipped.

B1A38560-EF96-4783-BFF5-CC99B01A6D67.jpeg F8B29FFB-7A54-4D93-BFF1-F6525B72F0FB.jpeg 43520DE2-F27E-460B-875D-FABF362A6CB7.jpeg

Cylian likes this.
  9. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Yeah. the problem with Cid is that, in order for him to do the super-high damage everybody talks about, he needs high ATK, high jump damage and a lot of killers all at the same time which, esp for new players, is very difficult to put together.

Cylian, leytachi and Nixilu like this.
  10. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Thanks for the replies, everyone-s~! ::up::

Before bed, I was thinking - did I make a fool of myself saying Cid can equip a dw-Gun (I did. :oops: ) ...
    Man, have not even heard of Heart's Light before seeing your pic. And, yes, so hard to add Killers. So hard ... I didnt even give Cid his TMR.
    That's my problem too. I mean, no whale here too. But, playing since mogcakes, so ...
    Ermm, the score is one thing (to look forward to). Personally, I wanted to learn more about this game, you see. Was trying to figure out this jump thingy. Was trying to see how an oldbie like me can have fun with this whale-ish unit people talked about here. Most DPS are about more Att/Mag/Spr + Killers + variance. Cid is more interesting for me to try out because we do need to balance one more "jump damages". To me, I guess. I am a simpleton who used to adore Esther. ::happy:::)::sorry:::(::cry::
    Latents ... Ah. Interesting. Speaking of which, I used to have 5 Reberta-s, but kept "off" her STMR because the devs did say they wanna re-work her again. Until DV, when I finally gave Cid Reberta's STMR (fitting - one dragoon to another~! ::blackmage:: ) ... and then, Reberta's latent is coming this month. Man, hope they dont make me regret. (I still kept 5 Esthers with no STMR, for the record.)

Kaladin, leytachi and Shr like this.