1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

SYP? Elephim [Story Event]

Discussion in 'General' started by Nimbus3, Nov 9, 2018.

What type of support unit do you prefer?

1. Bards, bards, bards!

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. The Nichols (MS/SS)

59 vote(s)
    57.3%
  3. Holding out for (a hero) Yuraisha

7 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. ZARGGGGGGGG!!!!

25 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. I'm so good at this game, I don't use support units

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. I don't care, I am pulling anyway.

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Welcome to another round of SHOULD YOU PULL!?!?!? We are here to help answer that daunting and repetitive question. Remember, you need not pull every single week. Our goal is to help provide guidance for which you can choose whether or not you want to pull or skip (hopefully skip whenever possible).

SYP-Elephim-Rating.png

As always, this is not a "review," we choose to leave that to those that are able to provide you the proper format for such. We are rating the "weekly banner" and advising the audience for reasons to pull, or not to pull.

MY THOUGHTS (NOT A REVIEW)
    Do you need a bard? If so, Elephim is currently the only 7* bard available (I lied, we have Ramza 7* now). However, please be mindful that bards are not the be-all, end-all meta buffers anymore. The days of Ramza/Lunera have passed, and we have moved into a world where a supper character should be able to have free turns to do other functions. Being locked into a song for X turns is not always ideal, especially in 10-man trials preventing you from making party adjustments during active song turns.

Also, Lunera and Roy will be coming to the 7* meta near you very soon. Although we do not know when, it could be as early as this month for at least one of the common bards. With all this in mind, Elephim does offer 50% breaks in her kit (like Ramza and Roy) which is always nice to have on a unit, but please review her first before deciding "I need a bard who can also break!"

I am much more interested in the 4* units than I am Elephim, and this is only due to their TMRs.... Magna's TMR was global upgraded and is very much like LT unit Kaliva's TMR. If you missed our on Kaliva (or didn't nab GLS's STMR, because... no one did...), then this is not a bad option. However, please review Banner Rates for more information on 4* split banners.

We have rated this SYP a 2 because of where we assume most players are in the meta. Most players likely have their Breakers or side-role breakers (Elephim only offers 50% and cannot DC those breaks) and their buffers covered. We have had banners for the CG units in June/July, Seaside Nichol in September and Zarg 7* released recently. Also, Yuraisha is coming out soon who is another non-bard type buffer. Unless you're hard-pressed for a buffer right here, right now, Elephim is more of an excess unit. The 4* units have nice TMRs, one for Magic and one for Defensive, however, they're not limited time units and will be around forever. There is no reason to require owning either of these TMRs today or tomorrow unless, for some reason, you are severely lacking defensive TMR options and absolutely need one today, and even then, I recommend looking through trial rewards or the units you have first.

BANNER RATES
    by @Nimbus3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oooooohhhh, check out the odds!

Alright ladies and gentlemen! Standard summoning rules apply here; that's right, there is nothing special about the Elephim banner other than it being a single 5* base summon. Every pull gets a Star Quartz, though, we get those all the time.
    • There is no 11k Step Up summon.
    • There is no 25k Step Up summon.
    • There is no "special" summon of any type at all.
    What you see is what you get. You have a pretty standard banner here, however there is one thing I would like to mention. Although there is only 1 5* on the banner, there are 2x 4* units on this banner. The 4* TMRs are actually not that bad, and although we're not telling anyone to pull on this banner to get a few TMRs that will be in the pool forever, we are saying that they're not awful TMRs.

I want to bring everyone back to the NieR banner. Remember 9S? Remember Eve? Yeah... this is the same situation, more or less, where you have 2 4* units on the banner which splits the odds of grabbing the one you one. One provides Mag TDH and the other provides a spin-off of Patriotic Recall - meaning, they're both extremely different.

DAMAGE CALCULATIONS
    by @Sustainer

Elephim is a bard and does not deal damage. There are no damage calculations this week because this unit cannot deal damage aside from Auto attacking.

However, Elephim does get the option to unlock Dualcast, Dual Black Magic and Dual White Magic by using the various tools in her kit. The most confusing aspect is, she has no innate magic skills to dualcast! Therefore, you would need to stack skills on her using external sources should you wish to do so.

With high SPR stat and the ability to equip staves, you can make her a Holy finisher? I mean, the option is there. We will not be providing calculations for any of this type of stuff. She is best used in her bard role as breaker/buffer.

She does have 1 innate ability (therefore cannot be Dualcast):
    The damage is negligible and it's only real purpose is for additional MP sustain to the caster. This is the only native form of damage she has in her kit, which is why we brought it up, but it is not meant to deal damage.

TRUST MASTER CORNER

by @S1eww

Today, we will discuss Elephim and her TMR and STMR. She is the only 5* base on her banner.

ELEPHIM 5*-7*
    TMR
    : Elephim’s Harp
    Type: Harp
    What does it do?
    Does it stack: Naw, it's a 2-handed (130-170 var).

Comments: Meh. The HP bonus is nice, this isnt a bad harp, it’s just very non transferable ATM IMO, Fina might be the move relavant user of this outside of Elephim herself.

STMR: Elephim’s Dress
    Type: Robe / Armor
    What does it do?
    Does it stack? Hell no!

Comments: It’s hard to call a dress/robe "armor" and "minstrel’s silk"... how about keep it to yourself minstrel ::ink:: This is a great addition but pretty costly to obtain. It’s no where near as bad as Lunera's STMR but... Sara’s TMR features a 55 SPR robe on a 3* base unit. So.... is 20 more raw equipment SPR worth the chase to you? Is anyone rocking TDH SPR builds? I know there are bard skills, etc. attaches, but those are not the transferable segments of the item.

LEOPOLD 4*-6*
    TMR
    : Gust Mane
    Type: Ability
    What does it do?
    • HP 30%
    • DEF 20%
    • Increase Wind Resistance 30%
    Does it stack? Absolutely.

Comments: Sounds like a sweet new rapper meng, but really it’s a Patriotic Recall clone with Wind elemental attached instead of Light elemental. It’s up to you to jump if you want or need some tank candy ;)

MAGNA 4*-6*
    TMR
    : Magical Potential
    Type: Ability
    What does it do?
    • MP 10%
    • Increase equipment MAG (50%) when single wielding any weapon
    Does it stack? Of course it doesn't, it's MAG TDH after all!

Comments: This TMR was global upgraded from 25% to 50% to make it more competitive. Currently, the only other similar TMRs that function as Mag TDH is Kaliva's Unmatched Wizardry and GLS's STMR Grim Brilliance.
    • Kaliva's TMR is only for 1-handed weapons.
    • GLS's STMR is extremely rare and hard to obtain, so likely negligible for the majority.
    Therefore, having a non-limited unit in the pools with a 50% MAG TDH ability (non-stackable) is actually a really nice treat for Global. That said, you should probably run some builds on the FFBE Equip Builder before jumping to grab it. You really want to make sure you're grabbing a significant boost in Magic-power to ensure it's true worth for your game, especially those with Quintessence. If you are someone with Kaliva's TMR (and maybe even GLS's STMR), then you can stack these other abilities with Magical Potential which could make for an extremely powerful Mag TDH build, but again, requires 2 other LT TMR/STMR.

EXPLOSIVE EQUIPMENT
    by @pooruler

Welcome to Pooruler's Poopoo Equipment Bonanza! Come get your Shhh.... um...poopy equipment!

Something smells like poo this week and I think its......Caliber....oops!... I mean...this event! Yeah that's what I meant to say ::sarcasm::

Rating System Metric
    • Floater – Stinky
    • Dirty Diaper – Really Stinky
    • Raging Diarrhea– Extremely BAD!!!
    Disclaimer: The rankings are aimed more towards seasoned players while keeping in mind free to play (F2P) or newer players. If you are new/F2P, get the equipment, get all equipment. Anything is better than nothing, especially when it's free.

Kings Armor
    • Type: Heavy Armor
    • Stats: DEF +54
    • Resistance: All elements (+20%), All status ailments (+50%)
    Floater - We've got ourselves a floater here, folks! This is the best piece of poo you could have this week! Actually, this may be BiS on Wilhelm for you making him completely ailment immune (since he has innate 50% all ailment resist as is). Also, this armor adds some element resistance to your unit across the board (all). You can't go wrong with this piece of poo, especially since it's free!

Fire Resistance +20%

• Type: Special Ability (Passive)
    • Resistance: Fire resistance (+20%)
    Dirty Diaper - These things are nice sometimes, but there are other items that can increase resistance across the board so I'm really up in the air with these hence the middle-of-the-road rating. This could be good, but also could be useless and hog up an ability slot. This one really depends on how you are gearing your Magic tank. This is good for "newer players" with limited options who require resistance, but is also niche in most cases too (check out the Bomb Engagement trial).

Topaz Shield
    • Type: Light Shield
    • Stats: DEF+24, SPR+12
    • Resistance: Lightning (+30%)
    Dirty Diaper - It took me a long time to determine how I was going to rate this shield, but I finally decided on Dirty Diaper. It really does stink, however as a "newer player," you could probably make use of the 30% Lightning resistance when building a Magic cover tank towards 100%, 150% or 200% (depending on what your goal is).

Silver Bracelet
    • Type: Accessory
    • Stats: HP 10%, MP 10%
    Raging Diarrhea - This thing is pure crap! Really, Gumi? This thing stinks so bad that you'll have to do a courtesy flush before you're even finished.

Kaleido Moon
    • Type: Accessory
    • Stats: DEF+3, MAG+15, SPR+3, MAG+20%
    Floater - This is not 30% MAG nor is it a MAG+50 accessory. What it does do, though, is fall just a little short of that. I could see a "newer player" falling in love with this thing for a long time which justifies the "floater" rating.

Lion Saber
    • Type: Sword
    • Stats: ATK+58
    • Element: Wind, Earth
    Raging Diarrhea - This sword supplements its super low ATK stat with some elemental imbues HOORAY!!! Unfortunately, it sports 2 elements (which I really hate), and not only that, it is 2 polar opposite elements which is even worse. If an enemy is weak to Wind, it is probably strong to Earth and vice-versa... you get my point. Be sure to wipe after getting this one. ::poop:: On the other hand, it gives elemental coverage...

BUNDLE BREAKDOWN

by @Caliber

Not bad Gumi, not bad. You’re getting better each week.

ENCHANTED MELODY BUNDLE

Pricetag: $6.99

By my calculations, if you were to be able to purchase enough of them, it’s roughly the same as 21,500 lapis for $100. This places the bundle well above Vault of Lapis price ($99.99), and you can buy 4 of them so essentially you could get:
    1,500 x4 = 6,000 lapis for $6.99 x4 = $27.96
    • That $27.96 essentially replenishes you from chasing the two 30% tickets if you did that on the Kurasame/Machina Step Up banners (6,000 total lapis)
    • We just had bundles for 2 weeks for $24.99 that gave 5,000 lapis, so for $27.96 you get an additional 1,000 lapis. Pretty good deal of you ask me.
    However if you’re on my F2P list, I better not see you buying this!!

Also as a reminder, seeing as how we’re trending in the right direction on bundles, Black Friday & Cyber Monday could still be a lot better than this.

CONSPIRACY CORNER!
    by @ALL_OF_US

Roy/Lunera will drop 2 weeks after this banner, the day after it ends. Why? Gumi wants to laugh at all the people for went gung-ho for Elephim when they release GL-upgraded Roy/Lunera immediately following the banner. They'll give Lunera W-Ability and allow her songs to be reduced and give Roy higher breaks and a simplified rotation with easier access to his LB.

(None of the above information is accurate or comes from a reliable source. This is all in our heads as we think Gumi actively plots against the GL community to find ways to make us spend more money. Following the aforementioned conspiracy theory, we will see Fryevia 7* who will immediately, quick and forever dethrone Kurasame as "the best hybird" do-date).

#EndConspiracyRant

Thank you to everyone takes the time to read through our post. We appreciate your time and hope that this helps steer you in the right direction. Our goal is to ensure you are properly informed about the banner, rates, weekly events, etc. before spending your precious lapis.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    mc2rpg, asm154, Tom_Ace and 16 others like this.
  2. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dynamic? :D
    The Nichols IMO :)

Sarutobi, Fluke, Stigma999 and 2 others like this.
  3. Nohbdy

Nohbdy Keeper of Final Fantasy VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Every pull does get a star quartz. It's not much but it is something more than just a regular banner.

Seven and Sustainer like this.
  4. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hows your stock of SQ going? lol..

I think 900 or 1000 or so here?

PikaJew and Caliber like this.
  5. nox

nox Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zargashower,awakened rain,hyoh,bonus
    Might go for the bundle. Might not. Gonna try for magna. And not very hard either.

6. Nohbdy

Nohbdy Keeper of Final Fantasy VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I don't have much. I used a lot during season 1, and buy all the unique stuff.
    I am not sure where you guys are getting yours from but I really only get the 10 from KM events and the 1 a day from arena (sometimes I don't even get that one).

Edit: I wasn't saying that it was an amazing thing that it was on the banner, just that it was there and probably should be mentioned. It shouldn't affect whether you pull or not.

7. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Added the SQ info. I appreciate the correction.

Nohbdy likes this.
  8. Gibbons

Gibbons Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh w/ FB Agni
    >130
    Skipping everything this week. No interest in units, bundle not a good enough value. Agree that it is nice to see bundle values getting better, though. Gives me hope for Black Friday/Christmas.

Sustainer likes this.
  9. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'm just flabbergasted at no stepup, no rate boost, no real incentive (When is the last time ANYONE has needed SQ)

Guess they had low expectations for this banner? Or perhaps really HIGH expectations?

Nimbus3 and Caliber like this.
  10. Seven

Seven Inactive Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Umm, well, the harp is a harp not a bow and Fina won’t be using this, just bards...also most survivable harp...also, Elephim not Elephym.

Also Elephim, if you get 4 copies, get her STMR, because it is very well balanced in stats and I would definitely get this for support units. The LB gauge fill rate boost is clearly the best part, and few clothes if any have that, plus the stats are excellent. Future units would use this.

11. Caliber

Caliber "Hall of Fame" Member

I voted for the Nichols!!!! Anyone wanna know why?

Also @Nimbus3 do I detect a Bonnie Tyler reference in your poll?
    Man I’m showing my age

PikaJew, Nimbus3 and Sustainer like this.
  12. Hollis

Hollis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta
    I suppose I should add some points here..

1. Elephim : Not worth pulling! Why? We will have better buff givers that would be 7* Maritime Strategist Nichol and 7* Yuraisha in the future. She is bard and her movements are locked for 3 turns. Sure she can act as breaker and buffer too at the same time. But is she the top of the class in any of the two area? Nope

2. Magna : He has awesome TMR! That TMR is a perfect addition to units that has dh magic, as it was stated previously (Rinoa, Seabreeze/ Dark Fina, and Ace will love that TMR for big magic build) Even if you have Kaliva's tmr, it is never wrong to add one more of his TMR. And this GL-ex boost is immense... Get one or two of him if you can!!
    As a unit, magna is also viable chainer with divine ruination family (sacred flux).
    My verdict is... he's the winner of this banner. It's rather weird to see a 4* with better potential than the 5* unit

3. Leopold : He is a tank. If you are new, or having no viable tank, feel free to use him. Otherwise, Warrior of Light is even a better choice...
    However, Leopold has a very nice TMR that gives 30% wind resistance. It will be very useful for future trials where elemental resistances are highly sought.
    Leopold is the 2nd best unit of this banner. His TMR is the reason why he's another goodie here.

4. Forelsket : He's also another unit with rather weird skillset. He can chain with onion slice frame, however... the best part of his skillset was all about imbuing wind or lightning damage. His lightning and wind imperil move only gave 50% imperil, very much underwhelming (or sometimes other units may provide better imperil).

That's just what I think about this whole banner.

13. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Bonus Unit
    This seems like a not great banner, unless one is desperate for a bard.

Now I wanna watch Short Circuit...

Caliber and Sustainer like this.
  14. Sustainer

Global ID:
    Leads:

matt_b and Caliber like this.
  15. Caliber

Hopefully 1 and not 2 lol 2 was awful

Guess I’ll Back to watching the never ending story , the dark crystal, and labyrinth now ::ink::

16. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Bonus Unit
    I....I SHOULD BE EMPEROR!

Don't forget to binge on The Goonies, Batteries Not Included & The Last Starfighter.

Caliber likes this.
  17. Caliber

Not as popular , but man I watched this Atleast 50 times

6FB8C539-4C2E-4095-A029-C6AEFFD0D181.jpeg

matt_b likes this.
  18. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I love Ms. Tyler, spot on!

I voted for Zarg which was hard between the Nichol. Currently, I am uber impressed with Zarg as a support and buffer.

19. Sarutobi

Sarutobi Arena Runner-Up S1 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, Hyoh, Barbie, DH Tidus
    15X
    No love for Ignis in the poll? :(

Thanks to @Nimbus3,@S1eww, @Sustainer,@Caliber, and @pooruler for putting this together.

S1eww, Nimbus3 and Caliber like this.
  20. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Wilhelm/Bonus Unit
    SEND ME AN ANGEL!

Caliber likes this.