1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

SYP? Sieghard

Discussion in 'General' started by Nimbus3, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:15 AM.

Will Seighard live up to the HYPE?

1. Of course, he is the BEST!

56 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Probably, Wilhelm did

22 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Skipping, I have the tanks I need for now

35 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. TL;DR - Who's Seighard?

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Meh, Lenneth

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Fryevia, Grim Lord Sakura, A2
    Welcome to the next Should You Pull featuring one of FFBE's own character, Sieghard. He is a tank, but is he worth your time? Due to the nature of what he offers and how he compares, we determined it would be best to provide two different "Should You Pull" ratings, one based on whether or not you have 7* Wilhelm/Merc. Ramza and the second based on having no 7* tank.

Without a 7* Tank
    SYP-9.png
    Should You Pull? 9-10

With a 7* Tank
    SYP-5.png
    Should You Pull? 5-6

My Thoughts (Not a Review)
    by @Nimbus3

Disclaimer: This is not a review. This is my point of view on these units as a 2+ year old veteran player. I feel that I can provide a balanced approach to how a unit may look on paper vs. what their actual usage potential is.

This SYP is much different than in the past because we have 2 SYP ratings; one for having a 7* meta tank already and another for not having a 7* meta tank.

To be honest, I feel that in the past few weeks this topic has been discussed to death. There have been countless threads, posts, discussions and more revolving around Sieghard. Clearly, he has a lot of hype surrounding his release, and hype is not necessarily a bad thing all of the time. Due to this hype, I encourage everyone to educate themselves accordingly, which I will attempt to help you do throughout this post.

To start, look over Sieghard's stats, kit, limit burst and think about what he offers you may not already have.

FiveStar FFBE Wiki - Sieghard FiveStar

Seriously, educate yourselves. Go to the Wiki (linked above) and look at his skill set to review what he can offer to your team. We have seen him compared to Wilhelm, Basch, Mercenary Ramza, Demon Rain, Lilith and even Gladiolus, yes, him. So, who does he actually compare to? He reminds me a lot of Wilhelm and Mercenary Ramza, but he also offers his own set of unique tools/support in his kit that other tanks may not have. This does not make other 7* tanks inferior by any means; it makes them different, and having a variety of options is never bad thing if one can afford it.

Again, Educate Yourself! Reading is absolutely fundamental...

Comparable 7* ("Meta") Tanks in Global

As an example, I have 7* Demon Rain, Wilhelm, Mercenary Ramza, Lilith and (once awakened) Basch. However, despite having everything I could possibly need, Sieghard's kit still interests me. That said, I am also not saying I need him either. One thing he has that some of the others do not is room for enhancements down the road -- Lilith and Basch both have yet to recieve enhancements yet too though, but are arguably the least comparable to what Sieghard does.

Anyway, I will not be talking about Sieghard anymore because this topic has already been discussed TO DEATH. If you don't believe me, peruse through the General and Unit Discussion sections and you'll find the slew of topics regarding our beloved FFBE Tank. Remember, "hype" is both good and bad - it can overhype a unit who under performs or it can overhype a unit worthy of being over-hyped. I truly do believe Seighard is a unit who will last a long time; he is tanky, has room for improvement, does everything a tank should do and more.

Pull if you want him for his kit and unique aspects, but save if you feel that you're good in the "Meta" Tank department. If you have Wilhelm and Merc Ramza, you're pretty much set for now, but remember both have already received enhancements. Alim just released another edition of Galuf in JP who is yet another side-step tank to the existing ones, but more specifically Sieghard himself. However, Sieghard's rate up is here right now, which is generally the best time to grab a unit you like other than UoC Summons.

Good luck, educate yourselves, but most all just have some fun - after all, this is only a game, and games are meant to be enjoyed!

Banner Rates
    by @asm154

FiveStar Sieghard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This 11k Step Up yields a 59% chance of getting one Sieghard. However, the typical 11k with a 30% 5* Summon Ticket at Step 3 would’ve yielded a 70% chance. While this banner is identical to what JP got, it is clearly another example of Gumi making a highly desired unit harder to get by deviating from the precedent set by previous 11k’s Step Up Banners.

Damage Calculations
    by @Sustainer

Sieghard is a tank, and he isn't meant to deal damage. However, he does have some damaging moves that scale off DEF, but with terrible modifiers.

His maxed Limit Burst deals solid damage though and can be used to chain cap your DPS chains.

Something rather interesting to point out is his damaging move called Dangerous Rose. This ability has no side benefits and is simply a DEF-scaling damaging move. So why bring it up? This move chains with the Free Energy family, which can he any unit that equips Summer Whip (Seabreeze Dark Fina's STMR) to use the ability Rainbow Whip. However, this is more for fun than anything legitimate.

Trust Master Corner
    by @S1eww

In this section, we will be discussing the TMR/STMR from the Sieghard banner only. That means we won't be touching on Aurora Fryevia, because, well... why bother? Only a handful of people will have her and have access to her TMR. No one will have access to her STMR until her actual banner or possibly STMR moogles, which currently do not exist in GL.

So, let's get into it!

RainbowCrystal Sieghard
    TMR: Hero’s Vow - Earth
    Type: Materia
    What does it do:
    • +30% HP
    • +20% DEF
    • +20% SPR
    • +50% LB Fill Rate
    • +30% Earth elemental resistance
    Does it stack?
    Nah..

Comments:
    This TMR has a lot going on. None of the stats are bonkers OP, but the collection of all of them together in one materia makes this really nice. The only minor gripe about this, IMO, is that the Earth elemental resistance is pretty low. I know Seighard is pretty and not a “lord” like Veritas of the Earth is, but 30% today seems relatively weak.

That said, what sets this materia ability apart from other similar ones is the LB Fill Rate. If you’ve been treating LB like I’ve been treating Espers, then I urge you to slow down, take a deep breath and reconsider. LB modifiers have been getting juiced(!!), so the race to get and keep them up is real. This TMR is not a must have, but it can help to make life sooooooooo much easier.

STMR: Attractive Shield
    Type: Heavy Shield (obviously...)
    What does it do:
    • It blocks
    • +85 DEF
    • +30% HP
    • +80% Earth elemental resistance
    Does it stack?
    Nope. You can handle 2 Great Swords or 2 of Sephiroth's 11-ft (2.7ish-meter) Katana, but not 2 Shields even though they have handles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments:
    K, so here the added Earth elemental resistance I wanted, because, thank god Earth's such a common element.......... This is a tanky, tanky, tank, tank for physical DPS units. The HP stat makes this more versatile but as always STMR mean Whale.

Would I whale for this?
    No. But I do have M.Ramza STMR and Bill's STMR, so I’m also not hurting.
    If you are hurting for an OP defensive shield AND you do not have: Wilhelm, Mercenary Ramza, Lilith, (2x)Basch, then I would consider dumping for him and if you’re gonna dump hard you may as well go for his STMR.

Explosive Equipment
    by @pooruler

[​IMG]
    Handsome Uniform
    Type: Clothes
    Source: Sieghard, The Magnificent (Story Event)
    What does it do:
    • DEF+15
    • MAG+30
    • SPR+30
    • Males only
    Comments: Coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Silk Parasol
    Type
    : Gun
    Source: Sieghard, The Magnificent (Story Event)
    What does it do:
    Comments: Coming soon...

Bundle Breakdown
    by @Caliber

These bundles are atrocious.

Beautiful Siegherd Bundle
    Cost: $24.99
    Limit: 4
    What do you get?
    • 3,500 ::lapis::
    • 4*+ Guaranteed Ticket
    • King Metal Minituar (Level 60) x 3
    • 1.5 million gil
    • NRG Restore 10 x 10
    Well!? $25 for 3,500 ::lapis::? Black Friday was $25 for 6,000 ::lapis::... so ask yourself how bad the Siegherd bundle is.

Charismatic Sieghard Bundle
    Cost
    : $6.99
    Limit: 3
    • What do you get?
    • 1,000 ::lapis::
    • Rare Summon Ticket
    • King Metal Minituar (Level 1) x 23
    • 300,000 gil
    • NRG Restore 10 x 10
    Well!? It’s the same amount of lapis as $6.99 in the shop, you get 1 whopping free ticket.

These bundles are terrible, and there were data mined bundles with UoC Ticket next week, so save and see what they cost. Plus Christmas bundles will be better than this garbage.

Conspiracy Corner
    by Gumi

Where did the 30% Chance 5 FiveStar Summon Ticket go on Sieghard's Step Up????????

Gumi strikes again... or possible just copy-and-pasted again since JP never got it either. As you can see in @asm154 's section (Banner Rates), by having this ticket on the Step Up, your chances greatly improve of pulling a Sieghard between Step Up and Ticket.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We will never know. Or do we already and simply chalk this up to Gumi being greedy (see what I did there?)?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 11:48 AM
    Sarutobi, mc2rpg, Ffber and 7 others like this.
  2. fayleen99

fayleen99 Lost soldier, serving for Emperor itself VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly Hyoh and 5 star event units
    You're late and already have 1 sieghard atm, consider want to UoC 2nd if it necessary. (Only have 7* gladi and 7* basch, mustache man stuck at 6*)
    Anyway nice insight

mc2rpg, S1eww and Seven like this.
  3. lupinorris

lupinorris Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    huge dilemma... uoc willhem or uoc sieg

4. Tanatos

Tanatos Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    838 612 439
    Leads:
    Hyoh,TT, Beryl
    I pulled already...
    [​IMG]Bye, bye the hoarded lapis, welcome 7* Sieg

5. fayleen99

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Not that huge since i don't like that old mustache man. I'll use it either on Sieghard or fryevia

6. fayleen99

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I like it when there's the armor version of him along with the original version on that pull

7. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation Ascended Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Hyoh / Hyoh
    Add a waiting for seven star WKN and ill vote for that ::joy::

S1eww and Caos_Con like this.
  8. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    From the perspective of an ffbe-poor player like myself, this banner--specifically the step up-- is a tough pill to swallow. Obviously if someone is lacking a quality tank the banner should be considered. However, being resource poor the step up is very ugly without that 30% ticket at step 3. I'll save the lapis from the story event for a rainy day.

Goddess Nyx and S1eww like this.
  9. Eureka

Eureka Member

Global ID:
    561 229 886
    Leads:
    Rem
    Not important, but, I find it funny. No offense, beside memelord's review I read your SYP too. It's always nice to see different POV.
    Okay, title says Sieghard, but I found at least three different unit.

Did we talk about the same person? ::thonk::

VexHaus, Clodia, S1eww and 2 others like this.
  10. Nimbus3

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Thank you! For what it's worth, we made many typos of his name throughout, which should now be fixed.

Sarutobi, S1eww and Eureka like this.
  11. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Not quite ::rofl::

But really, it's interesting. People almost misspell this name as often as they misspell Raegen. And Raegen is constantly misspelled. Lasswell, too.
    Those poor names suffer ::rudecat4:: #namelivesmatter

12. Ashlag

Ashlag Buy the Gil bundle. Do it. Now. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Thing is, Sieg name changed like 3 times already in the GL version alone. And the Raegen/Reagen thing is just... Confusing ? ^^

13. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Yeah, that's true. Albeit the variations the people come up with are nowhere to be seen in the story, like Seighard or Siegherd (whyyyy T___T).
    And Raegen, well, maybe it's just me, but I don't find it overly confusing :D I mean come on, it's six letters XD
    I'm overly harsh, I knoooow, but those poor names are sad! ::rudecat4::

14. VexHaus

VexHaus Member

Global ID:
    Hey, does it make sense to update the bundle info with the Fan Festa bundles? I realize they're not quite Siegh(e/a)r(d/t) banner related, but the timing still coincides (for, like, a week) and it could be helpful for some non-f2p players who are currently undecided

S1eww and Nimbus3 like this.
  15. Nimbus3

Global ID:
    Leads:
    If you're not F2P, then you don't mind spending money. These contain tickets, UoC pieces and lapis.
    • If you want the UoC? Buy them so you get the UoC.
    • If you don't care about the UoC or are F2P? Then don't buy them.
    The value is not for lapis, it is for the UoC. Both bundles are under Vault prices, therefore would not be considered worth your time according to how Caliber rates them. However, let's be real here, these bundles are all about getting people to buy them for the UoC tickets, and all the other crap in them is nothing more than added incentive to purchase them.

If Caliber wants to do something more formal than this, I'll be happy to add it in. Otherwise, what I've stated is pretty much the reality of the situation.

FWIW, I bought both.

NotSure and S1eww like this.
  16. Jake_the_snake

Jake_the_snake New Member

I pulled hard because only tank is Cecil and I just get one Sieghard. Gumi pls ;(

S1eww, Nimbus3 and lupinorris like this.
  17. Sarutobi

Sarutobi Arena Runner-Up S1 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, Hyoh, Barbie, 2B
    16X
    Wish I could split my vote on this one. Yes, Sieghard lives up to the hype, but I'm still skipping.

Mostly because A2B drained my lapis, but that's beside the point.

Also, on the subject of his name, I wish they'd stuck to the original Zekehart romanization.

18. Nimbus3

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I couldn't agree with you more. I actually preferred 'Zeke' as the nickname. For quite a while, I kept referring to him as such. I wonder why the translation was changed to Sieghard instead?

Hopefully you came out with some 7* Limited Time units?? I always hope that for others who go all in on any LT banner. I know how bad the Halloween and VP were for me. It took A LOT of resources between both banners to come out on top, and even then I didn't end up with everything you could possibly get from it.

I learned a valuable lesson in regards to those banners. I didn't enact that lesson on NieR, but also didn't spend NEARLY as much as I did on Halloween/VP either.

S1eww likes this.
  19. Sarutobi

Sarutobi Arena Runner-Up S1 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, Hyoh, Barbie, 2B
    16X
    Fortunately I came out with 7* both. Took 3 full laps. All on-banner rainbows came on step 5. 4 off-banner not including the 3 guaranteed ones.

20. Nimbus3

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Awesome, congrats!!

S1eww likes this.