1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Tales of Crestoria(released) - Actually has FFBE style combat

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Novaultima, May 27, 2020.

1. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte

I really hope this game will get a decent community or playerbase, it looks kinda promising.

It seems like it has FFBE style combat, all your characters go first before enemy(one turn) and can be used in any order. You can do combos this way like in FFBE(chains) and have the same strategical feeling like in FFBE.

Infreus likes this.
  2. Nohbdy

Nohbdy Keeper of Final Fantasy VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Who do you need?
    Yeah, the last mobile Tales game; there was some talk about how the normal Tale's style fights didn't work well on small screens.
    I guess they decided to do away with that in favor of more turn-based combat. We will have to wait until June to see how they did.

3. Nohbdy

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Who do you need?
    Tales games should have a good existing community to pull from as its considered one of the top three rpg franchises.

4. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    Well, i saw a general tales reddit but it´s mostly about other tales games^^

What i mean is a big com only about Crestoria.

5. Arashi

Arashi "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, [Event] x2, Circe, Zeno
    I'm part of a fairly good Tales community and we're all excited for Crestoria~ Hopefully this one lasts.

6. Nohbdy

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Who do you need?
    Also, this isn't a game that is being handle like most of its contemporary competitors.
    It is being released simultaneously worldwide, instead of having been released in Japan previously and finally getting a global release.

Hard to build a community on a game that hasn't been released yet.

7. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Interesting, I'll check it out. Any news about it?

8. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    I think there was no exact release date, just "release in june". There was an open beta which is over now and you can check gameplay on youtube.

Looks quiet good so far, but it´s a very fresh game so don´t expect much optional content or even arena.

It has very unique things though, like the combat alone is like FFBE in turn mechanic but still a tales game and you can chain like in FFBE with multiple characters - obviously the damage formula is different though and not exactly the same mechanic as in FFBE. And you can customize your characters like you can in usual Tales games.

Masvroh likes this.
  9. Onejah

Onejah That's what she said~ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Noctis [JP]
    It's out btw... but in maintenance atm ! lol

10. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    Oh, lol thanks! I waited for it after the delay again but actually didn´t think about it^^

Gonna try it later today.

Edit: Nvm. Game is downloadable but the service is not available yet. Maintenance until the game will be released(in the near future). Near future means weeks/months more to wait. How stupid is this... pure hype generation and a lot of 1* ratings incoming, even though the ratings are still good but for how long.

This sounds like it´s only a few hours away from release, but i wouldn´t bet on it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Onejah likes this.
  11. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    Btw, i watched closer to some tutorials and gameplay general, and it definitely plays like FFBE combat except that you don´t have to time your characters movement. You chose the order of the characters moves but you can´t do multiple moves at once like in FFBE. It´s like one character does a move, the hit counter rises depending on how much hits his move has, after that the hit counter stays active in it´s current state and you chose which characters move you use next. The hits add up to the hit counter until all characters did their move and after all did their move the turn ends, the hit counter resets and the enemy turn starts. So it´s basically using heroes with high hits on their move first and then using heroes with high damage skills in the end when the hit counter reached the max count you can get for a higher damage modifier.

This is great, because you don´t need a chain partner this way and instead you can use other tactical aspects of the game.

Everything else i saw about the game just gives me a deep smile it looks so good and relaxing and also comes with a decent variety of content with the release.

The reddit com also is very active for a still unreleased game.

Onejah likes this.
  12. Onejah

Onejah That's what she said~ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Noctis [JP]
    Let's hope for a release in the next hours or couple days at worse.

13. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    It just released <3

So they really meant in the next 24 hours with "near future". But not everything is translated into english yet refering to their fb posts, so expect some jp text later in the game.

14. Nohbdy

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Who do you need?
    Ooo, A free select summon...
    I'm not ready to choose...

15. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    Yuri is currently the strongest unit due to his highest hit count on OL and skill 2. Kanata(you have him from the start and can make him SSR later i think) is also pretty fine, so you basically only have to get Yuri from select summon and after it whatever character you like from other summons. Reroll isn´t really needed except you really want multiple spec characters right now.

Dang, on emulators it´s unplayable currently, crashes everywhere and such as chat don´t work there. Going to install it on my phone later :3

Reddit of ToC is currently exploding, yesterday it was at ~1700 members and maybe 500 online and now it´s 3700 members and 1200 online. For not even one day that´s pretty much.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  16. Arashi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yay it's out! Time to just pick my favorite character.

17. Nohbdy

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Who do you need?
    The in-game notices mentioned they had over 1 mil pre-registrations

18. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    Actually the game crashes for many, emulator or phone it doesn´t matter. It´s a general issue currently which you will experience if you play the game for some while instead of rerolling hours and hours. It seems like it´s optimized very bad, since really many people have this even though not everyone.

I found partly solutions which atleast make the crashes appear a lot less. So far i found out that the voice/voice data is generating a lot of crashes, so after i totally deleted them and deactivated voice and voice data download the game ran a lot longer until the next crash appeared.

Also you can make combat way smoother by going to settings in battle(upper right) and set camera to not follow actions and set camera view to "enemy". You can still move camera in battle by yourself though. This is actually a great feature, but i wish the game would be optimized better :x

There are some other situations triggering crashes though, so for some it helps to set Toc home screen to 2d.

19. Arashi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    So far haven't crashed yet. It does lag several times though, usually when someone does a multi-hit spin attack with a lot of sparkly effects. And I'm not on an old phone, this is on a Samsung Galaxy S9+. I also noticed this thing eats my battery worse than King of Fighters, though thankfully it doesn't make my phone run hot.

20. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    ACCloud, HACharlotte
    People found solutions for emulator users: Set cores to 1, maybe 3gb ram and 1280 x 720 resolution works smooth. For phone users set frames to performance in the game options, may help some. This game really can´t handle multiple cores, before i set it to 1 core it ran like a potato besides crahing like hell, now it runs flawless and no crashes since like 8 hours now. This is propably why it crashes all the time on my phone too, it is a strong 4 core cpu phone but the game runs like crap due to the bad optimization for multiple cores.

Anyway, just finished chapter 1 and i´m loving the game so far, story and combat are outstanding. Now i´m just curious about the optional content or endgame content. So far it looks like Epic 7 level of content but it´s okay.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020