1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Team Building & Unit Role

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Rainzo, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:44 AM.

1. Rainzo

Rainzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTidus/eTT/Barb/eLandeau/
    Hi all,

A returning player here, and I need a little bit help from the community to give me some insight on what unit role I lacked and that I absolutely have to get my hands on it. Currently my team of 7* and soon ( & able) to be 7* are:
    1. Trance Terra 7* (got SoT)
    2. Wilhelm 7*
    3. Olive 7* (got Sparky)
    4. Tidus 6*
    5. Zargabath 6*
    6. Ramza 6*
    7. Barb 6*
    8. D.Fina 6*

Other than that, my top healer still 6* Tilith, and my magic tank is 6* Mystea. On certain occasion, I use WoL, Marie, Blosson Sage Sakura, Oldman, Rikku, I.Nichol, eSoleil etc

I am not sure how hard the trials and contents are right now and whether my unit is capable to tackle them.

Pls help me masta ::jake::

I am really tempting to pull on healer/support banner but there is this Sieghart banner as well ::scream::

What unit should I focus on building from my current roster and what unit should I be chasing now? Should I save? Got only 20k Lapis to spend and around 30 tickets.........::salty::

2. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/Trance Terra/Whomever you need
    140ish
    Save! The healer/support banner contains something like 26 on-banner rainbows so it's absolutely not worth pulling.

With 7* Trance Terra you can cover (wipe on 1st turn) most trials with a friend TT. Someone to imperil fire like Ace is very helpful.

Wilhelm 7* can be your physical tank for a very long time and with limited resources and a team that's a little behind the meta I'd advise not pulling for Sieghart as the difference between the 2 is not as great as the difference between your current physical DPS and meta 7* DPS; I'm a total Tidus fanboy but even though he can peak at very high damage his kit is clunky compared to some of the latest units and his Quick Hit frames are extremely difficult to chain.

In terms of saving/future units I'd certainly look towards Folka to replace Tilith.

6* Zarg isn't a very good buffer. His 7* is much more powerful. But someone like Maritime Strategist Nichol at 6* isn't too bad. Perhaps you could pull on the support banner ::raegen::

Yuraisha is an upcoming support unit with a great kit, but not sure when the banner will arrive.

You have Marie which is great news - many trial bosses use specific elements to attack, so being able to cover them all is extremely helpful, especially if you don't have one of the stronger magic tanks like Awakened Rain or Basch.

I guess the best advice I can give at the moment is for you to concentrate on playing and clearing content that you can do before worrying too much about pulls as the current banners all seem to be trap banners designed to drain your resources before the better banners come along.

Eureka and Masvroh like this.
  3. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
    We should get a 7* banner for Basch when he gets his 7* form as well (there will be 5-6 Rainbow on that banner still). Beside that, Chow is another promising mag AoE cover and his banner should be back around Chinese New Year. (He is global exclusive, so no one knows how his 7* will look like.) Out side these two banners and unknown future global exclusive, you will likely have to rely purely on your luck to get a 7* mag AoE cover tank until CG.Charlotte which is about 10 months from now. To my knowledge, strong mag AoE cover tank like A.Rain still work fine at the moment in his 6* form, so there is no need to rush getting him to 7* yet. But reserving one set of UoC as a contingency option won't be a bad idea. Beryl is also another candidate for mag AoE cover tank.

I second shooting for Yuraisha and Folka as well. In the mean time, if you happen to get a second Zarg that should relief your buffer situation for a bit. Ayaka or Lotus Mage Fina would be fine as a healer even at 6* too. Two other notable buffers are Maritime Strategist Nichol and Seaside Nichol. They don't really gain anything much in his 7* forms though. So if you happen to get him or Seaside Nichol, they will work fine at their 6* forms.

I would also recommend you keep an eye out for a strong breaker as well (Loren/HT.Lid/Auron, Auron is not released yet but should be a bit after Folka).

As for the trials, it is difficult to say which one can be cleared with your team since equipment also matters, not just units. Ballpark, I would say you should be able to clear most of Chamber of Arms, probably up to the Iron Armor in the Chamber of the Fallen, and up to Intangir in Chamber of the Indignant. I don't know what the next release trials are, but giving the trend of the recent ones, it may be a bit above your paygrade at the moment (but you should be able to catch up soon).

Hope this helps

Rainzo and Masvroh like this.
  4. Alecaca

Alecaca Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoD or event related
    i've been using a TT to wipe out most content, i'm not able to do the Iron armor, but can do all the ones before that plus the torturous trio, to build up strength you can focus on the wicked moon trial (I one shot the bloody moon with a friends TT using Bs sakura bc she can buff magic by 100%, plus used a lower than 50% imperil to dark or fire, i didn't use demon or fairy killer, so that can help you if you have lower magic stat), or the octopus and teacher because of the rod mastery materia,
    If you need a TT friend you can add me at 532626893, i mostly use a TT with 1500+ magic, she can easily kill the fallen ice bird in one hit, so you can get the hat arts materia for the +30% magic/spirit boost.
    Your team could be:
    buffer E soleil (depending on how enhanced the dances are, you can swap for BS sakura for the 100% magic boost to kill things in 1 turn + some MP restore + Status resist)
    tank Wilhelm (he can also break attack or magic) (swap for mystea for magic tanking, or both when needed)
    Damage TT (can do most trials in 1 turn)
    Support Rikku for her limit break auto revive, hypernull all
    Healer Tilith

The role you are lacking the most is a breaker, i think highest breaks you have are 45% with WoL, a magic tank and phys DPS (you have Tidus but as 6*), and someone that can imperil fire or dark over 50%, you should hold on current banners since they are mostly a trap for resources and on clearing content,

Rainzo likes this.
  5. Rainzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    My urge to pull....::scream::

Back to topic, really appreciate the input from you guys.
    Just to make my situation more clear, I have finished Chamber of Fallen trials up to The Legendary Stag and got all the achievement.
    For 10 man trial, I only cleared the 1st trial.

For phy DPS, I used 2 Tidus with attack both 1000+ and water elemental, but it seems magnification gesture feature no more working for Tidus chaining, so I am not reallly sure if I should invest Tidus for 7*, and I clearly don't have equipment & accessories for TDH build (got Elfreeda and doublehand tho)

My T.Terra now can hit 1500+ MAG, I am not sure if this is up to standard for trials that I have not clear yet

The rest is just like you guys said

6. Alecaca

Alecaca Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoD or event related
    With a 1500 TT I have done the following 3* espers, Siren, Ifrit, Shiva, Golem, Ramuh, Titan, tetra sylphid, Lakshmi, phoenix and Fenrir. I'm not sure which ones you are missing from that list, but most can be done easily with TT, and some might be easier with Tidus and his water damage.
    I personally don't have the kit needed for a TDH build, so dont know about the 7* option for him, but he does get double and triple cast ability with his 7 form, but locked behind a Skill, triple is available in turn 4 but that should maximize his damage output, even if you miss one turn to activate it and you get a DH bonus,

I did add you in case you need TT friends, i can move her kit to include status resist, or some killers as needed.

Rainzo likes this.
  7. Rainzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks dude. Added you.
    So far I have been doing good with 3* esper up to Ramuh, haven't tried the rest. I am relieved to know the rest can be dealt with my current TT.
    My concern now are the chamber of fallen trial and 10 man trial, where now I lack good magic tank, stat breaker, and healer.
    As I just got back into the game, my resources are limited (gil,cactuar,esper shard,ability awakening material etc)

8. Alecaca

Alecaca Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoD or event related
    i can say that Fenrir and Phoenix where surprisingly easy. I'm personally missing proper gear to get 10 units for 10 man trials, but start trying after completing sieg's event, need an additional 500 gems to do last step on his step up

9. Rainzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I constraint myself from pulling after considering others opinion in this post, just did daily to see if I can snatch sieghard.

Anyway, what is the red outside line at weapon slot (kind of highlighted) with some description like atk 10% etc?

10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
    Like this ?

2018-11-30 01.11.09.png

If it is, it means that weapon has enhancement on it. There is a recurring event called Steel Castle of Melfigya where you can 'send' a weapon in and clear the event to get random enhancement. See this page for details https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Steel_Castle_Melfikya

Rainzo likes this.
  11. Rainzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes I was referring to this one. Thanks! Been wondering this for ages!

12. Rainzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Guys, i gave in to the temptation and try pulling in Sieghard step up summon. Gave me this BlueCrystal--->GoldCrystal-->RainbowAnimated
    SIEGHARD in step 1!

I guess now my option gets wider as I have better breaker and magic tank as well, eventho I really dislike the cooldown. Should I really go to make him 7*? From @Memel0rd review he is still serviceable at 6*.

13. Alecaca

Alecaca Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoD or event related
    based on reviews if you have a fully enhanced wilhelm, the difference is not that great, they each have their plus and downsides, at least until sieghard gets upgrades, but his TMR is pretty great for tanks, supposed to be STMR strength because of the combo of boosts it gives.

Rainzo likes this.
  14. Rainzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yep, been using Sieghard from the friend list, one thing I can say is he is easy to gear compared to wilhelm, but other than that I can still do good with Wilhelm. I'll just stick with daily pull then.

Alecaca likes this.
  15. Alecaca

Alecaca Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, VoD or event related
    His equipment selection is way better, i tried one lap for his TMR because i have pretty much no good defensive equipment, specially from material slots and accessories, but no luck, hopefully i get lucky with a daily or a ticket