1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Thanks, Gumi (Like Actually, Seriously)

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Seven, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Seven

Seven Basically Active Number Cruncher Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    I don’t get why people are so annoyed with Gumi for actually moving back Akstar’s story event and banner. Maybe it’s just me as an F2P, but I find this to be great since I just unloaded all my lapis on Xenogears and only have 4,000 left. This gives me more time to accumulate resources and not feel forced while grinding story. And, story events give another 3,500 each, so with this one and Akstar’s, I’ll easily have 11,000 for Akstar. On a side note, this also keeps in line with powercreep, with Akstar easily one-shotting pretty much everyone. We don’t needs damager on his level until around Scorn of the Legendary Stag.

Leave your thoughts below, and feel free to argue with me.

IvaNL, Poached, MacroH8r and 13 others like this.
  2. n3o

n3o Member

Simple, most of us f2p didn't spend all our lapis on XG because we wanted Akstar. Now they are rewarding those that didn't plan ahead.

3. kurizu

kurizu Kupo!!! <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Esther | JP Chairman, CG Lily Fina
    because after Akstar will be Regina and after Regina will be Charlotte and you will have in between Easter event possible with GLEX > in short you wont have time to accumulate lapis at all if you fail under Crimson trap.

4. Dajabec

Dajabec Ascended Member

There is no planning ahead. That's not what jp version is there for.

matt_b, Clodia, NotSure and 2 others like this.
  5. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I'm anticipating a strong GLEX easter triple banner myself. If people spend too much on Akstar, they won't pull, so Gumi gave us a shitter to fill the gap.

Seven likes this.
  6. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kitties
    150ish
    @n3o pretty much summed it up.

Although I won't criticise those who did pull for Xenogears units, I know they were hyped too. But I skipped for Akstar and then told be told Akstar will be delayed just leaves me feeling empty. It's even more deeply frustrating as the game is in a really poor state with constant crashes that Gumi refuse to try to correct, and not pulling (which is probably the biggest part of the game) for another month means basically not playing properly for the next month, just suffering the bullshit. And I'm not certain I can be bothered suffering for another month.

21er, joshvengard and Seven like this.
  7. n3o

n3o Member

In theory you are right. In practice using it like that is the only way for f2p and small spenders to have any chance of trying to keep up with the power creep and being able to clear new content.

Now many of us have waited a long time for Akstar and skipped other banners so now him being delayed is a slap in the face cause we have to wait even longer now because current banner isn't worth puling.

So we are stuck with the same units for a long time now and will be for yet another month.

Takumi Kuzuryu and joshvengard like this.
  8. joshvengard

joshvengard Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    the hyohlarius man himself :D
    this affects only me mainly, but i prefer not looking at guides and figuring bosses out myself, using random units and trying new strats can waste a lot of energy, and with uni taking most of my day i can barely try every here and then, so i have to rely in strong units that can keep up with my play-style, and i was heavily waiting for akstar because of that, i dont blame gumi for this, but i am also kinda pissed anyway.

Takumi Kuzuryu likes this.
  9. Cygnes

Cygnes Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD Tidus/e.Yun/Event
    If they don't adjust the Akstar banner from JP then I think you're gonna need 25K to do the full lap.

Takumi Kuzuryu and Seven like this.
  10. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH Tidus, Trance Terra,tons of others
    well....
    once I saw they pushed Akstar back, I finally pulled on Xenogears and got my Elly... lol.
    so, not only those who didn't plan ahead.

BigNBald5 likes this.
  11. Seven

Leads:
    But we still have half a week to pull on Xenogears, they even released the news early. And it’s not like JP knew what was coming next. It’s really your own fault for expecting the Akstar banner to come now. And, besides, with 50,000+ lapis, you should be set for at least the next 5 flagship banners (Akstar, Regina, Holy Shield Knight Charlotte, Fid, and Cilka), and it’s not like Xenogears is bad or anything. It’s a pretty damn good step-up and two out of three units are good.

There really isn’t an excuse to complain, since even if you don’t pull for Xenogears in anticipation of Akstar, now you also have Easter to pull on. With 20 UoC you don’t even technically have to pull. And with that many tickets and that much lapis, you have a way better chance of getting just one Akstar than not. Everyone is just overhoarding for Akstar because they’re trying to predict the future. It’s your own fault for doing that; Gumi doesn’t have to give you what you want when you want it just because you really, really want it. With the lapis that you have, you should just enjoy the game a bit more and spend, especially since we have at least 1, maybe 2 great banners this month that you can pull onto as to not actually lose anything by hoarding for Akstar. Instead, you’re just sort of hoarding for them and Akstar.

nox, Absolem, BigNBald5 and 2 others like this.
  12. Seven

Leads:
    With Hyoh I remember them giving two options, 11k and 25k. Or was that someone else?

13. Cygnes

Cygnes Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD Tidus/e.Yun/Event
    They added the 25K with Hyoh / A. Rain I believe for GL.

The JP Akstar banner only had a 25k option. With the current trend for GL story events, we also have 12K step up we've been getting so there's a number of ways Gumi could approach things :
    • Do nothing and just leave the original 25k banner (Likely)
    • Add the 12k GL step up with the original 25k banner (Good)
    • Add the 12k GL step up and remove the 25k banner (Bad)
    Just brace for the worst in all honesty

Goddess Nyx and Seven like this.
  14. n3o

n3o Member

Where does the 50K lapis and 20 UoC come from?
    I only have ~31K lapis en will have ~10UoC.

How is it my fault for expecting them to stick to the same schedule as they have for the past months?

That is why people are angry. Not because they want gumi they simply give them everything they want but because they had all reason to believe that Akster was coming and so they were exited. If you tell a kid a week before his birthday that he wont get his birthday present till a month after his birthday is it wrong for the kid to be disappointed? And to be slightly angry?

I even have 1 Elly from daily pull but don't really need her (cause i got lucky and pulled 4 Sophia's from step-up) so why bother going for Xenogears?

Maybe the GLEX easter will be amazing but limited units are always a gamble if you are not a whale. And what if they are really bad? How is this an alternative for Akstar?

And I know JP doesn't know whats comming. But it's a different game entirely. If you never know thats fine but if there is a set pattern and then 1 week before a big event that pattern is suddenly broken that just feels bad.

15. syren555

syren555 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    You forgot about Aerith one of the best Healer in Jp.
    She came one week befor Crimson.
    I think if they changed akster und crimson.
    She came one week befor Akstar

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  16. Lumina

Lumina "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Slightly unrelated, but why is there a lot of people assuming the GLEX Easter banner will be another DPS?

Anyways, I dont mind the pushing back. We'll have a lot of good banners incoming if we follow JP+the GLEX events which are generally good, althought easily powercrept due to being limited. If you dont pull for Crimson but did pull for XG, I think saving lapis is a good idea.

Seven, BigNBald5 and SummonerBWM like this.
  17. Tamamo05

Tamamo05 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Breaker or event
    Ain't lately event's challenge quest is easy when you deployed a team full of *7?
    I mean, mainstay challenge quest on that one chamber stay and stay there forever, just waving at you without any harm. well, except when you want to clear a limited trial and a guide has those quest reward as the equip. But even then, this forum is great and we have lots of strategist that lend us their strategy, units or even lower deck party to clear the challenge. you only need to ask.

again I'd repeat what I say on the other thread that "you don't need to clear a new challenge on day one". even on day one, people usually crowd the forum with many strategy. some using "old" *7 units.

F2P does plan, but in the end they use what they got.

nox, Masvroh, Seven and 3 others like this.
  18. Kujo

Kujo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    The last GLEX Easter unit was Fryevia, who was both amazing and not limited. But 2018 had no Easter unit (got Dragon Quest around then, though)... we haven't nearly enough information to be making any assumptions.

Because we have more data than just the past months. And even "sticking to the same schedule" is only when looking through the narrow lens of story events. The first time GL deviated from JP, I understood people being a bit shocked and feeling betrayed. But by now we've had plenty of evidence than JP's schedule is a rough guideline at best, and Gumi routinely deviates on major things. Now that you've been "burned", I suspect you won't be expecting so hard in the future.

19. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Guess Im destined to be FinisherL0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    I told ppl that Akstar wasnt coming yet. There is the 1st batch of Orders, the 2nd Xenogears banner with Citan, and even the release of Dark Mage Golbez before Akstar will be released. I dont have proof of this info, but based on Globals history, i defintely see all these releases before Akstar. He is just too powerful and will trivilize the game as it currently is. We lucky global hasnt nerfed fixed dice yet, then release Randi 7* to really piss other ppl off.

Please ppl, stop crying about what we dont have yet and enjoy the game how it is. In the end, it is a GAME. Have fun with it and stop stressing yourself out about stuff you cannot control. If you have already cleared all or most content, what is the big rush for akstar anyways? How much fun is it to 1 shot every boss you fight? Smh.

Just my opinion, and i apologize beforehand if anyone is offended with this post.

IvaNL, MacroH8r, SummonerBWM and 7 others like this.
  20. Seven

Leads:
    Good point

BigNBald5 likes this.