1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

The Beauty of Fina: WoTV Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SummonerBWM, Apr 3, 2020.

1. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone! Today, I want to make a guide on the lovable and adorable Fina! This guide is to be detailed on her main strengths as well as how to effectively use her in any battle!

::notnina::Main Abilities of Fina::notnina::
    TMR: Her Reincarnation, IS PERFECT! When she attacks, she charms! This makes sure she keeps the enemy down and out at all times!
    Master Ability: Dex +15%, Magic Resistance + 25. This here makes her be more than capable of being a damage dealer in ensuring she always hits and also be capable of taking fewer hits from magic. The latter works so well with her SPR Up passive!
    Cheer: This is what makes her a winner. She's the ONLY person in-game, especially over in Japan, who can raise Faith on one unit PERMANENTLY. Being able to not only do that but also increase ATK + MAG of a unit in battle while also casting Protect for 3 turns makes her a powerful buffer all by herself. She is the only one who can solve the problem of losing FTH from putting units in the guild barracks. The more you increase the lv of Cheer, the stronger it gets in its effect and a boost of FTH, ATK, MAG, and Protect efficiency and ability to cast it faster in battle. Always a must!

Innocent Shot + Concentrate: These two passive abilities together become very powerful on her. Innocent Shot increase her range +1 while giving her MAG while Concentrate increases her range by another +2, but lowers her evasion rate. This allows her to cover about half the map. This is very useful when one would want to have her become more offensive. This makes her being the unit with one of the longest range in-game.

SPR Up: This is her own edge. When it comes to magic attacks hitting her, she makes sure she can stand her ground. This will be good to withstand mages.

Missile Mastery: Simple. Allow her to deal more damage. Useful in letting her go on the offensive.

Honest Wish/ Auto-Cure: This is a great counter for her in terms of survivability. This gives her a self-regen whenever she gets hit. Auto-Cure is her own cure counter. She will always be able to keep herself healed in battle, not worrying about ever having to use TP to heal herself.

[​IMG] PvP[​IMG]

Her physical damage is low but with her TMR, she can honestly help change fights around in your favor. She's the mage who wants to stay in the backline and to attack from afar and also to heal and it is very easy to increase her range. However, make sure she is placed properly in AI-PvP so she does not be the first one to be taken out. Also, since she has Full-Life, I recommend for that spell to be maxed. It has a 50% chance when maxed but it being left alone means less of a chance in reviving someone. Also, the AI has the tendency of taking healers like Fina and Ayaka and having them attempt to revive, so this spell maxed will be helpful.

::notnina::Versatility, Synergy, & Job Combos::notnina::

While many would think to replace her with Ayaka, she is actually more versatile than anyone can think, even more so than Ayaka herself! The main thing about her is the fact she is not only a healer but also an archer. This is crucial as she can easily adapt to healing/buffing and help deal damage. Even if someone like Ayaka or Grace is in there, she can act as a secondary healer if needed while also be This is good as this is her own role compression to be able to fit into any team comps.

Pure White Mage of Lapis: This is when you want her to stay the way she is in BE. This enables her to take advantage of all of her healing abilities. She gains Full-Life and also Esuna to help with ailments as well as an AoE Regen. This does not mean she is unable to dish out damage in this job. Her Aim guarantee she will hit and her Bright Showers is Light-based AoE damage as well. She even is capable of inflicting Immobilize on anyone as well! Innocent Shot works very well with this job. If you want her to also deal more damage, Missile Mastery will ensure she is not losing any damage while taking on the healer role when there's nothing else for her to do.

WMoL + Gunner: Going the Gunner route means you want her to focus more on attacking. With this, she is able to AoE boost the missile ATK and range +1 of everyone and also can use Counsel to boost the Critical Hit Rate of everyone as well. She is also capable of having the chance of inflicting Blind, Disable, and Immobilize. She is also with Sidewinder gains an edge against anyone with the skill as it gives her Beast Killer once she uses it. The downside of it all is that she loses out on Cheer and she heals. Missile Mastery is definitely a must for this route!

WMoL + Cleric: This allows her to cover parts in which Ayaka is unable to do. The cleric job gives her Erase, enabling her to get rid of all debuffs! This definitely enables her to work side by side with Ayaka. This job also allows her to give AoE light and dark resistance as well. She also knows the spell Banish, which can work well in conjunction with her Innocent Shot passive. She can also lower an enemy's AGI with Pronged Staff. The main problem of this skill is the fact she loses Cheer and her stronger heals. However, she gets Cure again, meaning she is able to keep healing longer.

VC Synergy: Scions of Shadows, Dashing Over a Snowy Field, Sharpened Focus, Behemot, Bewitching Witch, Detective Leela, Flag of Wezette, Mobius of Despair & Truth,

Esper Synergy: Shiva, Cactuar, Floating Eye, Siren, Tetra Sylphid, Ochu

Unit Synergy: Ayaka, Frederika, Macherie, Thancred, Rairyuu, Y'shtola, Helena, Grace, Magritte, Naiah, Phoebe, Cadia, Shadowlynx

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Seven and Enzoyeh like this.
  2. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    kinda annoying gl didnt get her for free

so us unlucky ones have to rely on friend finas to raise faith

Seven likes this.
  3. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Yea... glad I have Fina so you guys can use her all the time.

Seven likes this.
  4. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Coffee Monster VIP

Leads:
    Sophia, Elena, 2B, Ultima
    She imo is by far the best MR character there is! Glad I got her on one of my pulls for Frederika

Seven and SummonerBWM like this.
  5. KWFFBE

Leads:
    Cause Cure has a limited number of uses, so I would assume having it again would provide more uses of the ability... This will become important if we get the tower mode like in JP

6. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Do they even stack though?

7. KWFFBE

Leads:
    Dunno until I level mine up to the point to find out but I would assume there would be two cure counters when she has both.. until someone informs us or we see for ourselves, we won't know til then

8. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    I ran through and went all in to Fina.

1. The game counts Cure separate. I'm surprised! I'm used to BE where having more than one ability does not count at all.
    2. Pronged Staff does not take her two range passives into account.

KWFFBE likes this.
  9. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Spectre VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Gone, reduced to
    atoms
    I have Ayaka, but I also have Fina. Her and Shadowlynx are probably the best MR units right now.

10. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Hey, regarding Fina: She uses Light stuff to awaken. If I have Engelbert is it still worth it to raise her up or who do I level up first since they're both light based?

11. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    That's going to be a tough one and for you to decide. Of course, Engel would be attractive as he is your #1 tank for a long time until WoL comes out. I love Fina, so I am putting more light resources into her more than Thancred. Can't tell you to focus on Grace since she also use light materials and the only healers who are not light are Ayaka and Naiah. How far are you into Engel?

12. KWFFBE

Leads:
    With the tower mode, you literally need to level as many characters as possible.. I know that statement doesn't help, but it should be a long term goal... But right now you need to focus on one first before another... Note the tower mode will make healers more important! as there is no between battle heal according to Cabbage's review of the JP version of the game... So you need to make your decision regarding that... I have no idea when we will likely see tower mode if we do get it...

13. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Not very, 1 LB, about to be 1 Awaken, Job lvl 5 Paladin and after awaken job lvl 3 Knight.

14. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    you luck sack

SummonerBWM and Frosty Toast like this.
  15. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Spectre VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Gone, reduced to
    atoms
    xD now that I think of it, I've go a fair amount of MR units that haven't been seeing much use. I'll try to bring them into my team somehow...
    Current team is Ayaka, Engel, Mont, Macherie, and Y'shtola.

16. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    I just want to state that even though Fina is great for Cheer, be careful how you use her for raising faith. I just updated the other thread about the mechanics of BRV and FTH on it.

17. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I guess I only commented on the last question in your post. As for the rest, I don't have Ayaka or Naiah and I've been using Cadia as my healer just because she doesn't take light resources. Maybe I should just suck it up and farm a bunch of light and get Fina up to like job lvl 5 / 3 and then continue focusing on Engle or is that a bad idea? I mean, technically I could focus on Mont instead of Engle and raise Fina... Hah, so hard to choose. My DPS are Mediena, Y'shtola, and Xiza. Is it weird that I like Xiza because she can move up hills and fast?

18. Qlitus

Qlitus "Hall of Fame" Member

Engel robb fina and macherie. which one should I be awakening? Already have spent a decent amount on robb. Which probably wasnt too bright but gonna have to roll with it

19. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Engel and Fina are the only 2 light units who are the most useful of the 4.

20. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    She's faster than Sterne and get hits in. There's nothing wrong with Xiza. Also, there's nothing wrong with focusing on Engel and Fina. It just means more farming than usual.

Arkadi likes this.