1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

The Elven Warrioress Guide: Fryevia WoTV

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SummonerBWM, Jul 1, 2020.

1. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    [​IMG]

It has been a while since I made a guide (Or anything in general), but now that I am more focused, let us do a guide on Fryevia!

[​IMG]Max Stats[​IMG]
    HP: 3027
    TP: 175
    AP: 142
    ATK: 94
    MAG: 330
    AGI: 54
    DEX: 155
    LUCK: 200
    MOVE: 3
    JUMP: 1
    Fire Resist: -10%
    Wind Resist: 20%
    Slash Resist: -5%
    Strike Resist: -5%
    Pierce Resist: -5%
    Missile Resist: 5%
    Magic Resist: 15%
    Paralyze Resist: 50%
    Slow Resist: 50%
    Berserk Resist: 10%
    Master Ability: 10% HP; 10% Magic Resist
    Equipment: Armor, Helms, Accessories

[​IMG]Main Abilities[​IMG]

Providence of Wind:
    I can't see any reason why not to equip this unless the fight does not have any magic users or wind units. This makes her withstand all wind attacks and also magic attacks.

Savior's Protection:
    Gives more magic resistance and also debuff resistance. This combined with Providence of Wind means the tankiest Spellblader against magic and can be your magic tank easily.

Emerald Echo: This easily extends her buffs to 4 turns that she casts. Good when you want her to be the one ST debugging or need her to help resist against ice users easily. Also, THIS will boost the TMR duration as well, as Emerald Echo in general treats any buffs on TMR as actual buffs.

Blizzard & Blizzaga Blade: This is what will make Lucia and the others tremble. Deals damage but also gives a wind killer can wreck anyone's day.

Magic Barrier: This here is what is able to even be a tank. Max this out and she can shed off 50% damage for 3 turns. 50% damage is a lot and this is her equivalent to Engel's Saintly Shield.

LB: Max this out whenever you can. Not only she can deal a lot of damage, but this being able to take off 40% of the AP cost will be great for her to continue using her stronger skills.

[​IMG]PvP[​IMG]
    Fryevia is great against any wind and mage units and can even be used as a tank. She can also able to handle and provoke gunners and archers as well to take in attacks as well decently. She can take on Lucia, Yerma, and Ayaka and she can even give Oelde, Orlandeau, Viktora, and other melee fighters the work. Mont and Engel will also be able to experience any thaw whatsoever.

However, her range is not as long and she moves as fast as a mage. Someone like Orlandeau is able to take advantage of this. Also, if she does not handle her own weak resistance to melee attacks, she can die faster as she would making others do. Also, Whisper shuts down all of her attacks with high resistance.

[​IMG]Versatility, Synergy, & Job Combos[​IMG]
    When our Elven warrior of ice comes into the scene, she actually works very well and does many things! Her HP can climb without any equipment over 3k HP, which she has some good survivability. She also works great against mages, having a 25% magic resist in total from her Master ability. She can be pushed to have higher FTH than other mages without worry, especially since she can also make use of Chicken Blade to have a more, effective chance of taking away BRV. Her skills are also magic types, meaning she can easily take advantage of many units who are weak against it. In other words, Engel, Oelde, and even Orlandeau can get screwed over if she is given the chance. her DEX and LUCK are also good at allowing her to hit accurately and even dodging as well.

What I like about her is also her ability to take out Wind units. This means Lucia falls against her, Yerma will get that work, and Ayaka becomes a sucka. She even has resistance against that element, so they will have a difficult time taking her down unless. Not only that, her counters really boost her survival, as any one of the counters of reducing magic damage, dispelling the unit's buffs, or giving herself Regen means she is not going to go down so easily.

Her LB is what really what can define her and make her even powerful. Being able to not only deal damage but, when max, take off 20 AP on her skills for 3 turns is YUUUGE! Her TMR is also powerful, allowing anyone to boost their ATK, MAG, and even give more Wind Killer for 1 turn.

However, do note that her skills are slashing except her LB, which means it will be taken into account for damage for those who are resistant to it. Also, she does not have as much range with the exception of her Taunting Blade, Green magic, and LB. Also, since she is vulnerable to physical attacks except for missiles, some like Orlandeau can still be able to take advantage of this, although this can easily be remedied through VCs and Espers. Also, she moves like a mage, so she does not go as far as any other unit although her turn can come up almost as fast as Mediena.

There's one more thing I should state. Because she can wear heavy armor and helms, she can easily wear equipment such as the Mythril Armor or Golden Helm to increase her defense even more and to make her even tankier.

Pure Spellblade: Want her to be the mage tank? Then this route is for you. She gets 2 more skills: one gives her more magic resistance and the other one is a ranged AoE provoke attack. Since she also has decent missile resistance, she can even use this against any physical range attackers as well.

SB + GM: This is good, as she can work to be the debuffer and also help put up resistance against ice or help buff. Because of her makeup, the GM would work better for her than Mediena.

SB + WM: Fryevia as a healer works well and can work alongside Fina or Ayaka to keep the team alive, carrying the raise and Full Life to help bring teammates back, especially since she can have higher FTH and not suffer as much.

Esper Synergy: Shiva, Odin, Ramuh, Ochu, Tetra Sylphid

VC Synergy: Shiva, Mobius: Despair & Truth, Odin, Ramuh, Trousseau, Admirers' Rivalry, 2nd Division Caelum, Behemoth, Mobius: Hope & Illusion, Secret Orders, Snow-White Guard

Unit Synergy: Mediena, Ayaka, Gilgamesh, Miranda, Ramza, Grace, Helena, Margritte, Fina, Phoebe, Naiah, Valliade, Rain, WoL, Agrias, Lasswell

Fryevia vs. Rain
    The two are different, but there are things to consider between the two as I have been seeing on the web of the comparison.

Fryevia can easily stack more magic resistance than Rain and she sheds off 20% more damage than Rain in battle whenever she casts her Magic Barrier. For PvP and PvE content, she can handle fights in lowering BRV and has ways of taking down mages and certain enemies faster than Rain, especially since she has silence to shut down any magic usage. She also has a passive to be more resistant to debuffs and can be built to even be immune to doom, which is great in her favor in those fights. Since she can control her AP usage from her LB and also gives an AoE blizzard resistance, she can also be seen for more support and also be used as a secondary healer. Out of the two, she is the most supportive and can deal a bit more damage.

Her range can be a problem outside of her LB and Ruin and also the movement of a mage. She needs VC and espers to handle her physical weaknesses except for missile.

Rain actually has a lot of flexibility as far as his passives go. He can be built to have more MAG than Fryevia and he has more SPR than her. His Astra Guard is a combo of both a provoke and a damage reduction. He is also like Mediena as he can unleash his LB on turn 1! He only has a self ice resistance but can make himself immune to poison, petrify, and blind as well, meaning more self-support. Rain is also the debuffer out of the two and also has more range. His Knight sub-job also allows him to destroy AP. Out of the two, he is the tankiest.

However, Rain suffers the most from strike units who can KO him such as the likes of Xiza. Also, he has the movement of a mage like Mediena. What also can hurt him is that some of his skills use up a lot of AP, compared to Fryevia who can reduce her AP cost through her LB to make more use out of them. Therefore, his damage output can lag behind some in an attempt to take advantage of the fire reduction off of his LB while Fryevia can for 3 turns continue to throw out her skills at a low cost to keep up the momentum, especially if she is working alongside Mediena, a green mage's imperil, or someone summoning Shiva.

If you want someone who is a mage and wind killer who also has a lot of support and also can swiftly deal damage but also can be built as a magic tank, Fryevia is for you. If you want a straight-up magic tank who can debuff, then Rain is the best bet.

Note: She is a time-limited unit, so it is up to you whether you want to grab her or not. Like any other unit, she does have their own pros and faults, but it does not mean she is bad and do not assume she is average at all. I have heard ridiculous statements like she does not have Holy, but she never did in FFBE, so why would she in WoTV? Also, consider the fact that she can be useful for us for the tower in taking down mages as well. The next two upcoming ice units in the next 2-3 months are Lasswell and Agrias, with Agrias also time-limited. JP has yet to have anyone like her. What players also need to know is that Fryevia's synergy gets even higher in the future, especially once Agrias and Lasswell come as they will help enhance her damage output or bring more support to the team. We also don't know if they will allow Fryevia to come back or how long that would even be. Rain will always going to be in the pool but not Fryevia. Always plan accordingly and do not stress.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    wawandck, Enzoyeh and Ross ba like this.
  2. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Updated: Fryevia vs. Rain and Note.

3. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    i hate how she is limited
    i dont want to go whimsy hunting ever again, its just not fun

i like fryevia in ffbe, and would have went for her here if she wasnt limited
    sigh

that said, im surprised they made her a mag resist tank type of unit, which isnt what she was in ffbe

4. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    My thoughts exactly. I was thinking she would've been an original hybrid unit in this game but to make her into a Spellblade unit shocked me. Ok. Maybe someone may make the argument that her own damage mitigation, evasion, and guts passive in FFBE are reasons why to build her as a damage-type mag-resist tank but... I do not recall really anyone ever using her in that aspect even though it can be done in FFBE as a evade provoke tank. I like her art. It's very beautiful and she does have potential later on with the aforementioned units I mentioned; they could honestly have made her better if they just stuck with how she was in FFBE as a Spellblade really do not represent her role in FFBE. She honestly could've been the ice version of Orlandeau.

5. Eredar

Eredar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bunny
    Didnt know she is limited...
    I pulled on her banner and the only thing i got was Rain. So in some aspect i can be seen as lucky?

6. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    yep, not only is he not limited, but he has alot of free shards in the month, plus a daily shard quest

7. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Update: Put up equipment in Max stats and also updated points about her equipment in the Versatility section.

8. Enzoyeh

Enzoyeh Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yshtola
    Good work! Appreciate you doing this for us!

SummonerBWM likes this.
  9. wawandck

wawandck Member

Can someone tell me what is the benefit of Spell-Blade job and how they different from Red Mage? Thanks.

Also when we already at it, What makes Cleric and Green Mage different? whats the good and bad side?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  10. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    Those with Spellbalde has the power to take out certain element units they are strong against faster and the also have high magic resist with abilities to reduce damage and provoking, even enabling them to have the potential to be a magic tank. Red mages take a lil' bit from white, black, time, and green mages but does not have the full potential of either one; a jack of all trades master of none.

Green mages are the ones who buffs and debuffs. Clerics like Macherie and Cladia are better than white mages in removing ailments and debuffs with Esunaga and Erase while also putting up light and dark resistances and AoE resisting some of those ailments. They also tend to be tankier than white mages as they have passives to boost up their SPR.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    wawandck likes this.
  11. wawandck

wawandck Member

Wonderfull. Thankyou very much!