1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

The Eternal Witch: Mediena WotV Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SummonerBWM, Apr 10, 2020.

1. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    [​IMG]
    Want to learn how to feel immortal on the battlefield? Mediena can show you how! Mediena is someone everyone adores (May SE and Gumi/Alim PLEASE give her latent abilities so she can compete!? Or at least give her a CG version!). She is a powerful mage in that she is capable of ending fights and can show the meaning of ending fights in one turn. Just be careful of not letting her take so much damage, as she is very weak to any physical attacks! She also does not have that much movement as well.

[​IMG]Max Stats[​IMG]
    Element: Ice
    Slash Resistance: -20%
    Piercing Resistance: -20%
    Shoot Resistance: -20%
    Strike Resistance: -20%
    Magic Resistance: 25%
    Confuse Resistance: 50%
    Charm Resistance: 15%
    Toad Resistance: 50%
    Fire Resistance: -15%
    Wind Resistance: 20%
    Movement: 3 sqr.
    HP: 1636
    MAG: 266 (+23 from stat bonus)
    TP: 165 (+3 from stat bonus)
    AP: 155 (+10 from stat bonuses)
    AGI: 53 (+8 from stat bonuses)
    Dex: 155 (+35 from stat bonuses on board)
    Luck: 142 ( +34 and +20% from stat bonuses)

[​IMG] Main Abilities of Mediena[​IMG]

Master Ability:
    A flat 30% MAG. Now she is destroying even faster!

TMR: This is a nice support TMR. Everyone in the area gains AP and gets ATK and MAG for 3 turns. This help synergize with other units who also carry LBs as well as they can unleash it faster.

LB Cosmo Plume: This is her what makes her very famous! This is what makes her become a great PvE farmer as well. It hits very hard but even if it doesn't 1-hit KO, it can lower ice resistance, allowing her to deal even more damage! This is one of the few LBs worth maxing.

Drain: She's her own healer! And she can easily make her HP full! She does not really have to rely on any healer to take care of her.

Flare: Her strongest non-elemental ST spell. She can use this spell whenever ice is resisted!

Toad: This is one of her strongest debuffs in shutting down an enemy and preventing them from using any actions they would want to use. Plus, this spell requires TP instead of AP, so she will be building up AP once again!

Sleep: Another spell that uses TP instead of AP. It is great as it is one of those spells to help her shut out an opponent, whether PvE or PvP!

Vitalize: If she ever decides to help out a bit in support, this helps. What is great about this is that she can use it on herself, enabling her to already get her turn faster than ever before!

Magic Counter: She gets hit? Now she slaps back. She hits hard so much anyway, that this counter is really a recommendation.

Magic + Lv 1: This is just making her stronger in her field even more. To make her into the most powerful of blasters. A recommendation to max out.

Shadow Runner: Just letting her have this passive makes her too powerful. She is getting AGI and Luck on top of it all. This means she can easily go in there, hit hard, and take her turn as fast as she can. Great to max out!

Shukuchi: Another passive that can be useful to her. Mages are unable to attack from above like an archer, so having this passive on her can allow her to jump down and actually be able to dish the damage she wants to do on the ground. Plus, she gets more movement!

[​IMG]Versatility, Synergy, & Job Combos[​IMG]

What is there to really talk about? She actually a great hitter! That is what she is mainly known for! However, she can still adapt as an ice mage and can do more than just hitting.

Pure Black Mage: This is mostly going to be what she will be all the time. She carries all of her ice spells as well as her non-elemental spells, allowing her to adapt to handling anyone resistant to ice. She is also her own healer through Drain and to top it all off, she is capable of disabling someone as well or in stealing TP as a Debuffer. Going full Black Mage end up turning her into not only a powerful blaster but also lets her sustain all by herself!

BM + GM: You would rather take this route when you desire for her to help out more on the defensive side of the team. She still able to hit hard as a Pure BM as she will still have access to Flare, Blizzaga, and Toad. The main difference is that she is now able to help the team become more resistant to ice attacks, use Vitalize on anyone to go in there to get their turn faster, and is also a debuffer in lowering SPR and DEF. Count the fact she also can Dispel, and she is just as capable of doing what she loves to do!

BM + Ninja: It is interesting. Her ATK power is not so high, even though she carries an ice skill. As a Ninja, she is capable of using skills that allow her to either raise her own evasion for 1 turn or boost her accuracy and critical hit guaranteed for 1 turn. Of course, she can also use Hide to ensure no one is attacking her. She will not be using the attack skills but mainly the utility skills that come with it.

[​IMG] PvP [​IMG]
    Mediena is VERY powerful. However, she is squishy. What players need to do is to make sure she is not in the front lines. When the AI is controlling her, she needs to be placed in a certain way on the map so that she will not march in front of your tanks. This means Shukuchi is not the best passive for her at all for AI-controlled PvP content. The map also depends on how well she will perform. If the map is small, it can be advantageous for her as she can easily get the first hit if she moves first. Mediena is not bad in PvP at all. It all depends on the map she's on as well as whether you placed her properly in your team setups so that she will not move in front of your tank.

VC Synergy: Trousseau, Shiva, Ramuh, Bewitching Witch, Cactuar, Detective Leela, Mobius of Despair and Truth, Odin, Admirer's Rivals, Mobius of Hope & Illusion

Esper Synergy: Shiva, Siren, Ramuh, Tetra Sylpheed

Unit Synergy: Ayaka, Fina, Greg, Thancred, Y'shtola, Helena, Grace, Magritte, Phoebe, Meriluke, Valliade, Miranda, Ramza,

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Lauro, wawandck, Kujo and 4 others like this.
  2. RamzaWOTV

RamzaWOTV Ascended Member

Thanks for your hardwork and will keep on borrowing your medi as companion.
    Thank you.

SummonerBWM likes this.
  3. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

sorry but....

"She also does not have that much movement as well"

is that serious? she is a ninja on 6 awakening has +1move+1jump..and is one of fastest characters ingame,she has the movement .

about the best farmer thing it is very relative,depend on the event..if you use mediana on EX multi right now you are banned and kicked cause she deal 1/5 of sterne damage, no one want mages,not to mention in multi her special is most annoying skill in game the animation is long and can't be skipped for now (there are not battle settings for it).

my vote for mediana is

9/10 pve
    3/10 multi
    8/10 arena
    7/10 pvp
    ?/10 hard contents(there are not hard contents still)

Seven likes this.
  4. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    ... Did you even read the rest of what I said in her main abilities? I stated the passives that enable her to move and jump on top of AGI. Without them, she does not move as far and jump compared to someone like Mont or Lynx. Please read and reread before you jump the gun. Also:

Omg. You REALLY do not know what you're talking about. Mediena is being picked more than Sterne right now and Sterne has his own weakness of giving up HP to even deal any AoE damage, to begin with. Mediena gets more damage just from lowering ice resistance and can sustain her HP all by herself. We ALL have the 1.5x speed to get through the animations. Even so, she don't even have to use her LB. She has Blizzara and Blizzaga.

What in the world are you even talking about? If players do not want mages, I would not even be able to get into multi matches at all and I've been seeing 2-3 Medienas in multi-fights in the Ex events. Stop spurting out non-truths and attempting to make it facts. It is not right at all.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Ridil and Seven like this.
  5. RamzaWOTV

People need to learn how to turn off the special effects. it can be skipped. even in multi.

6. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

no i think you are trolling seriously xD mont faster than mediana?cause i play duels against lvl 99 mont and they are always slower than my mediana 69 and of course i use move jump+1mag+1 for her as 99.9% people with mediana.So or we are playing two different games or you are doing something wrong.With ninja job she has a ton of agi stats extra in tree compared to mont ,he can't move faster than her it is impossible(but my guess is your mediana isnt 6 stars awakening).In pvp but also pve playing withiut move+1 is an insanely wrong move..she need it for be placed and better use her ulti for hit more enemies.without move +1 she can't hit 2 opponents turn 1 in pvp but only 1.She no need agi/luck passive...if want it remove mag+ not the movement for sure.For second point again idk about what you talk,are you playing EX1 or EX2 multi right now?you see almost all good rooms have a "no mages or kick"?ok....

7. RamzaWOTV

I am confused. I never saw this. Are you the one playing the different game ?
    Who writes that. Mostly everyone uses the default 'Thank you for joining'

SummonerBWM likes this.
  8. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra

First off, you need to understand the difference between speed and movement. Movement is how far someone can go. Speed in this game dictates how sooner their turn will come up. I STATED IN POST that she does not have much movement, but can get her turns very fast! You using the Move and jump +1? Whoo hoo! Ok and? Sterne has the same thing. What if those players do not want to put the Shukuchi passive on? Sterne has Shukuchi AND a Jump +1 passive, enabling him to jump higher than Mediena! Sterne beats Mediena in jump. Mediena and Sterne share the same base movement and jump stats. Maybe the Sterne players are not moving as farther as Mediena because they do not have Shukuchi equipped. Ever thought of that? I completely doubt it.

Also, I stated Mont moves farther than Mediena. His base movement stat is 4 while Mediena has 3. She needs her Shukuchi passive to match his movement. You can use Shukuchi all you want! Nothing is wrong with that! Now what about the second passive? ALL UNITS can only have 2 on. So which one are you going for? More MAG or more AGI + Luck? Or maybe Holy Blessings to increase her resistances? She's going to give up something.

Movement and AGI (Speed) ARE TWO DIFFERENT STAT! Once again, AGI (as facts from support WoTV) determines evasion and how quickly their CT rate goes up. Movement determines how many tiles a person can go. Mediena having high AGI enables her to go faster before everyone else but AGI does NOT determine her movement as to how far she can go. YOU treat AGI and Movement the same thing and they are not.

Stats: https://support.wotvffbe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041099574-What-do-the-various-unit-stats-do-
    Movement & Jump: https://support.wotvffbe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044684213-What-are-Move-and-Jump-

Now TRY to attempt and debate this. I DARE YOU TO! Because those two links dictate what the stats do. Mediena is like a sprinter vs. a distance runner. She can get her turn very fast, but she only does it in short bursts vs. Mediena with Shukuchi who can go the distance but is taking her time (And I ran Cross Country and Track & Field to know what I'm talking about).

Capture+_2020-04-11-07-30-05.png
    Capture+_2020-04-11-07-35-40 (1).png

Now what? And even if my Mediena isn't 6 stars, it still doesn't change the fact that she needs Shukuchi in order to move farther and jump higher. I have straight up evidence! Mediena has a movement of 3 and I don't have Shukuchi on and Mont has a movement of 4 and he does NOT have access to any skill or passive to enable him to move farther and gets another point in jump just from leveling up and a lower level than my Mediena. I STATED EARLIER. Mediena needs Shukuchi to match Mont's Movement and Jump... and yet I'm the one trolling? Looks like I should stop making guides and threads then huh @RamzaWOTV? Because I DEFINITELY don't know anything about Move, Jump, and AGI like Raven does and the difference between them! Now, how about you go and show your credentials Professor Raven!

Wrong. I place my Mediena on the side in free matches and when it is her turn, she runs up, use LB, and hits more than 1 and I NEVER use Shukuchi to do it. And do not count Arena as that PvP is horrendous and everyone is at the mercy of the AI. I personally do not use Shukuchi as I see MAG, AGI, and Luck too valuable for her to even give up. Therefore, she will move 3 spaces instead of 4 with Shukuchi. In other words, she DOES NOT HAVE MUCH MOVEMENT IN GENERAL without Shukuchi.

I have ALWAYS been in EX 1 and EX 2 rooms with Mediena, so whatever rooms you are in during the time, they are Mediena haters. I do my multis at night and I'm ALWAYS in a room with her.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  9. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

i know perfectly agi and movement are 2 different things and i never said they are the same thing lmao......but right now we are talking of characters utility ,Mediana is already fast ,faster than almost every other unit she no need agi/luck ability/mag+,you can pick 1 but you can't remove mov/jump or she isn't going to be able to kite other units or get in range for hit 2 units turn 1(show me how you hit 2 units turn one when you are first to move with mediana please lol) ,a glass cannon(also if you call her immortal) need movement...sure Sterne can outspeed her but he must be placed in correct spot for use shuriken or other moves on turn 1 on her,its very variable and if sterne move close he is 1 shoted by every other class in pvp.

Mont is mega slow(Agi) ,and he has 1 jump if you play properly can kite him whole day with Shukuchi,you can't kite Engel because he 1 shot you from 3 squares far with terra slash

i farmed 37 recipes in Ex2 and around 10 in EX1 ,in over 300 runs i maybe only seen 2 or 3 mediana that had to use 3 turns for kill 1 wolf and they were always kicked,Sterne/shadowlink need 1 shuriken for kill 1 wolf,2 if they are low lvl.I tried mediana and....she is weak very weak on that event lol...so i highly doubt you are really making those runs if you say mediana is everywhere lol.

YannC likes this.
  10. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    You claim you know, yet you treated movement and AGI as the same thing. How about you give yourself full clarity then instead of jumping in. AGI dictates how soon someone's turn comes up and movement determines how much farther they can go. She's "Fast" as far as getting her turns but not "fast" in moving very far. I EVEN STATED that she gets her turns faster from a lot of AGI. For me, having high MAG and AGI is better than a move + jump as she can easily throw her spells as much as possible. That's down to preference. You came in this thread and attempt to argue with me about her movement and Mont's and all of your posts show you attempting to have them the same. YOU yourself can't even show any evidence at all (And most likely using your Mediena wrong or even putting her in the wrong party format even.) So no. I do not believe at all you know AGI and movement are 2 different stats based on the posts you made.

This is so contradictory. Sterne. Has the same base movement as Mediena, need to be in the correct spot to hit 1 unit with Shuriken, a ranged skill in a Free match PvP. Yet, if Mediena, with the same movement as Sterne, goes up, she can't hit 2 of the 3 units with her LB, yet her LB has range? If someone have Mediena positioned in the middle instead of the sides at turn 1, then, of course, she cannot hit more than 1. Just wow. Am I'm missing something here @RamzaWOTV?

Oh I definitely can! Because the crap you spew out is not even true at all, and then show how much you DO NOT know much about Mediena at all and even so how to really use her. I can go, install an app, and then put you to shame and show everyone how much you truly don't know what you're doing.

... I just show an image with Mont having a jump of 2 from leveling up and getting his Master ability and you go and state he only has a jump of 1... ::desch::

Once again, I do my multis at night and I'm always get accepted and sometimes in one with 2 or 3 other Medienas. Because mine is Lv 74, I can kill wolves in 1-2 turns and bombs in 1-2 turns from only using ice magic. Wolves are resistant to ice, so she will have to rely on non-elemental damage. Then again, you use movement and jump and gave up one of the other passives like either MAG or AGI, so of course, you would think she is very weak. Mine may not move far but mine will actually have more turns than you on top of the fact she will have a better crit rate than you. So. When are you going to show your credentials with your units?

11. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

eh my request for you was very simple..show me a pvp duel with your mediena hitting 2 opponents on turn 1 without move+1/jump+1(with she move first).I never seen one single person in pvp without the move+1/jump+1 ,all use use mag+ or agi as second ability but maybe my hidden elo rank is high, you are getting still super low opponents.Shuriken in pvp is less useful than mediena ulti,he can really only hit the opponent in front of him , he can't hit the middle opponent due to obstacles .I never said i know everything and i never said i'm perfect ,you are the one acting always as an arrogant person declining friendship also to your guild mates and acting with superiority ,insulting every person posting a criticism and not only here,in every your topic you fight with someone always!!!.Ramza poor dude is your guildmate and is asslicking you.
    Show me 10 multi Ex2 and how many mediena/sterne you find..more MEdiena than sterne?your words! show it and then i'm going to stop writing.

12. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra

Now what fool. Now show me your credentials. Wait a minute. It's non-existent. Want to say "Maybe your Mediena not 6*" and "getting super low level opponents" like they're in the 30s and you can't even show any proof your own self. How pitiful.

Yet, you come in this thread and making a useless debate about her being super fast through movement when that is a straight-up lie, then attempt to act as though you knew that AGI and movement are two different things when your posts say otherwise just to cover yourself. I already see through you and you cannot handle me.

You just need to stop lying. NOT ONCE did I decline friendships to my guildmates. My friend's list is full dummy! You DEFINITELY should not say anyone is insulting when you're the one who came in here and call me a troll. Wanna bring the people in the guild in and have them put in their input? Bring it. Because NOT ONCE did you show your own evidence. Come on. You state I am acting with superiority. Ask the guildies. They'll state their own mind and say if I ever did it to them at any time. I showed mine with the PvP. I will do it again. And once I do, YOU must shut up, and NEVER post in any one of my thread again. Right now, you're narrow-minded, arrogant, and victim-blaming and upset since I am proving you wrong. If you and all the other people stop coming to my threads and start a fight with me, you and the others wouldn't be hurt when I lash back and prove you and everyone else wrong.

13. RavenZ

RavenZ Ascended Member

you know what summoner.....you are right about mediena in pvp and i was wrong.See i can admit i'm wrong! but about ex multi well there is no way you can proof it..anyway i'll stop posting now .

14. fabianus42

fabianus42 New Member

hello i want to now if any one know a mediena grow up habilities guide please

15. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    medienas in ex2 are ok, but just slow

id rather not use her in ex2

ex1 tho, she clears it the fastest

just my observations, which maybe different as an ios user (damn cross play not working)

16. PhaseShifter

PhaseShifter "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    AKRAIN47
    125?
    Dang mate, this review became a warzone really quickly.

17. SummonerBWM

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Ling, NV Terra
    The wolves are resistant, so my Medienas destroy them in 2 hits instead. Then again, my Mediena clear just as fast as a Sterne.

18. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    Quick thing. Calm the hell down, people. Really. Other than that, do your thing, I mean I don't even play this game.

19. Mattaisx

Mattaisx Ascended Member

Quick question. Say i can job enhance her to like Ninja lvl 4, is there a point in doing so or can i wait till 5 when abilities unlock?

Does the job enhance outside of ability unlock leves matter at all? Like say getting mont lvl 10 soldier when it unlocks no skills.

20. YannC

YannC v00d00 VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something weird
    Yeah I mean good review but OP has the habit of being so defensive about everything as if he never makes mistakes. Not a fan.