1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News The Tuesday News - Nov. 17 - Season 4 Campaigns, Rookie Panel Updates

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Sartre, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Maintenance

Begins: Wednesday, November 17th @ 20:00 PDT

Ends: Thursday, November 18th @ 05:00 PDT

Always expect a 1-2 hr extended maintenance due to “unforeseen circumstances”

Simply Smashing Login Bonus

Starts at end of maintenance and ends Friday, October 29th @ 00:59 PDT

Login Daily for the following bonus rewards:

• 30 Maeve frags
    • 1x 4* EX ticket
    • 1x 4* Rare ticket
    • 1x 5* EX ticket
    • 100 VIP coins
    https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-...content/20211116SimplySmashingLoginBonus.html

Fan-Designed Unit Ticket Bundle UnitDesignBundleIcon.png

Purchase this bundle (not specified if its lapis or $$$) to get one unit exchange ticket and 2 T-pearls.

Full Details:
    https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/content/20211116UnitDesignBundle.html

You can exchange one ticket for:
    • King Behemy
    • Kaktiria
    • Noppy
    • Ygni
    • Cressnik
    • Bulwark

Season 4 Commencement Campaigns!

bannerhead.jpg

Season 4 of the story officially begins on November 18th and by all accounts it promises to be better than Season 3! But regardless of whether you care about the story, this means a new source of free lapis, units and gear. And you don't even have to finish Season 3 to start this one, you can begin right away!

Along with the beginning of Season 4, Gumi is also running several different campaigns to encourage us to login every day and actually play their game. I'm going to briefly cover each of the different campaigns so that we know what we need to do in order to collect all the potential rewards.

- S4 COMMENCMENT LOGIN BONUS -

Begins: After maintenance on Nov 18th

Ends: Nov. 27th (ten days total)

Login every day to receive 10x Commencment tickets each day (100 total tickets)

Commencement tickets can be used on a summon box for random rewards such as forticites, A-pearls, T-pearls, and more.

Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-...ent/20211116Season4CommencementCampaigns.html

- S4 BEGINNINGS SPECIAL QUESTS -

This is just a continuation of the Special Quests that give us 5,000 lapis each month (Gumi's "apology" for skipped Story Events). Not much to really say about this other than now we have the dates for the last 4 sets of special quests. No indication of what will be required for these special quests, but to recap the first two, we had to complete 350 random quests followed by using 350 limit bursts. So the next 4 will probably have us doing 350 actions of some kind in the game. Let's just hope one of them doesn't turn out to be 350 arena battles, ugh ::sick::

Dates for upcoming special quests:
    • November 18th
    • December 16th
    • January 13th
    • February 10th
    Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-.../en/content/20211116Season4SpecialQuests.html

- S4 CELEBRATION MILESTONE CAMPAIGN -

This is one of those campaigns where Gumi wants to see how many players actually play the game, so we're getting rewards based on the number of people that complete the first part of the story. Specifically you must complete the following level to be counted:
    • Capital of Sherna, Rohlestan - Entrance Exam: Vs. Neilikka
    If 120,000 players complete this by Januray 12th, 2022 then we all get 4,000 lapis, 6x 3* rare tickets, and 40 NRG pots.

Full details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-...t/20211116S4CelebrationMilestoneCampaign.html

- S4 COMMENCEMENT GIVEAWAY: BLUE MAGE FINA NVA -

Maybe you remember getting BM Fina's upgraded bow and a sword about a month ago. This is the unit that is supposed to use those weapons. But she never will because she is nothing more than S/TMR fodder. With that said, you definitely want to grab her STMR for the high ATK clothes with 100% fairy killer! Even her TMR isn't too shabby as a free 50% LB dmg materia with 30% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR attached. Always nice to have.

After maintenance on Nov. 18th you will receive the following:
    • 250 BM Fina frags
    • 100% TMR moogle (specific to Fina)
    • 100% STMR moogle (specific to Fina)
    There's not point in talking about NVA Fina's kit. It's shite.

Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/2021116NVABMFinaGiveaway.jpg

Rookie Panel Quest Update!

These are the panel quests you find by tapping that little icon next to the swirling vortex on the Home screen.
    FFEXVIUS_2021-11-17-09-42-00.jpg

Completing all the panel quests should give you two NV units: Rain and Savior of Souls Lightning. The rewards also usually include a decent amount of lapis, T-pearls, an STMR moogle, and frags for the given NV units, although in the past these have been NVA not NV base units so I doubt we'll get enough to fully EX+3 both of these units.

Full Details:https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-.../content/20211111RookiePanelQuestsRevamp.html

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    M!to, Kaladin, RaagisEd and 3 others like this.
  2. Eynskaet

Eynskaet "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lots and lots
    Gonna bet $, even though the chest is an unusual color. If so, hard pass. If lapis, probably still pass, but *maybe*.

A high bar indeed! ::doink::

Even Gumi knows, lol. (Not really the reason, but still funny.)

Shiny. :)

Scheich and Sartre like this.
  3. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    i dont even have her from story yet ;) (not started s3)

Sartre likes this.
  4. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Don't get why they don't introduce s4 people with, you know, the season lol.

Sartre likes this.
  5. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Sub Account Team 296 712 116
    Trivia noticing from the seasn 4 trailer and ingame shots, does it look like Rain's sprite has been updated with his NV form and his NV weapon?

Sartre likes this.
  6. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    This is great news. I am way behind on S3 since the story was so dumb. :D

Sartre likes this.
  7. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's $$$ but some of the bundle nerds on reddit believe the color/design of the chest indicates a lapis bundle. I imagine if it is lapis it'll be pretty steep for a NV of choice and 2 T-pearls, probably 10k lapis, which is too rich for my blood :-P

Better at least grab her and get her to 7* so you can grab that STMR!

Probably because one or more of those units might actually be useful for CoW and Gumi doesn't want to give them away for free. Apparently Lund has some crazy team damage mitigation on its LB that can be maintained with full uptime so Gumi might think that's "too broken" for the current meta ::rofl::::rofl::::rofl::

I think you're right, the story sprite and CG definitely look more like his NV form. Probably why we're getting the free NV Rain along with all his upgrades?

Indeed, I only just finished S3 maybe a week or so ago and I skipped through all of the story. I just read TomAto's story recaps on reddit to have a sense of what's going on, while also getting the humorous drunken ramblings of a madman ::happy::

Kaladin likes this.
  8. hotaru251

Global ID:
    but we egtting her unit, tmr and stmr moogle for free :eek: and i dont need her AS a unit as shes trash <_< only useful for tmr/stmr

Sartre likes this.
  9. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    We don't get another unit. Just the frags and moogles. Unless I read the news wrong?

10. hotaru251

Global ID:
    maybe i read it wrong? either way i'll eventually get her. S3 is just when I need Lapis i'll start it.

Sartre likes this.