1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Tifa is a good mage for DV

Discussion in 'General' started by daima, Aug 18, 2020.

1. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

We all know on DV that boss got 10 times more def than spirit for magic stages.

But what if we had stupid units now that deal around 10 times more damage with physical attack than most of magical attacker ?

According to that : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Lpvq7qUKdTnd-mgoXYifCeo34/edit#gid=1223124122

Tifa burst at 780m, so 78m on magical stages.
    Rem burst at 80m with a full LB build, better than the chaining build.
    Ace is worse than Tifa on magical stages...

Yup that's what NV does. Thanks for unnerfed Tifa. And there are still some people that thinks it's a good idea.
    [​IMG]

P.S: F### you alim.

2. Jonodiaz

Jonodiaz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    125 711 700
    Well that is intersting... feels like DV will be decided by Supporter Units or basically by MMXon. To be honest I am kind of disappointed that Zenaida didn't even get 1 DV to Shine as the Top Damage Dealer... Well at least I can Use Kuja for Fire/Light stages or will Tifa finishing deal more Damage than Kuja chaining with a non Dupe?

Cylian, 21er, Danziger and 1 other person like this.
  3. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

You should really check the build of that Tifa...

4. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    The NV powerspike is step, and Alim being Alim releasing mages at turtle speed.

Mages with NV are:

NV Sol (Ice/Dark)
    NV Physalis (Ice/Wind/Water)
    NV Aerith (Light)
    Emperor (Fire)
    Foltra (Light)
    BS Sakura (Thunder)
    Dark Fina (Wind/Earth)

So mage tifa will shine for a pretty long time unless we have GLEX surprises.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Cylian likes this.
  5. Jonodiaz

Jonodiaz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    125 711 700
    Ok that explains a lot. That Build seems to be BIS. 300%LB Damage with 4K Attack. But she will probably still outshine most Mages.

Cylian likes this.
  6. daima

MMXon gonna be totally uocable, unit + prism, after the next maintenance.

Kuja gonna do two times more damage than Tifa but Tifa is not a mage and Kuja is two weeks old...

Next DV gonna be like the last one. A shitty one. Everybody gonna cap without trying much on every stage except the two last ones.

@Arnatuile, @Jonodiaz : yeah i compare BIS on JP. Our Tifa gonna be a bit less strong (until NV Edel STMR for whales) There is no point to compare crappy build to crappy build for DV events.

Cylian likes this.
  7. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    gonna be powercrept in a week...
    The fist won’t be available so we gonna need an equip sword materia and a 50% lb sword up in her slot to get to 300%

8. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatchu need?
    I was thinking about this earlier. I could have sworn that there was actual gear/other materia aside from the bare bones "Equip ____" that would grant units access to more weapons but I haven't been able to find it. Ffbe builder hasn't helped either. Anyone know if I'm just imagining this?

9. daima

There is upgrade package for whips and rods and jiraya TMR for katana. Not likes it helps tifa much.

Keyword on FFBEEquip is "allow use of"

Isaac and SlightlyDubious like this.
  10. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatchu need?
    Aha! Thank you. I kept trying different search terms but they would all just give me "attack bonus when equipped with ______" instead. ::rudecat11::

Isaac likes this.
  11. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Wait NV Aerith is a dark mage, wtf?

12. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    RCloud, RAerith, NV Lasswell, Tifa
    Search for "allow use" including quotation marks on the Encyclopedia tab. That's the text string that the builder uses for abilities that expand equipment choices.

EDIT: NVM, should have read more of the thread...

SlightlyDubious likes this.
  13. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatchu need?
    Thank you anyway! ::rudecat5::

14. Leon3456

Leon3456 Ascended Member

Tifa and nerf in the same sentence is sacrilegious talk. If you think Alim loves Tifa, Gumi adores Tifa with the buffs they give her.

15. Ashlag

Ashlag Avoid political talk here, it's a landmine Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    19x
    Sure, but even uber whale won't get that high before a good while. So for now, it's not that important, and even if you have Ace or Rem you can use several Damage Dealers anyway.

16. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    This thread makes me think that ... NV Elena may not be a good deal. ::thonk::

The mods would always be lowered vs the stronger defensive stat. An unlikely case, but worse if one damage type is totally resisted. The devs cannot give NV Elena OP mods too. The NV powercreep is already not a good thing ... We shall see.
    Same here. Well, not "disappointed". More like "surprised", personally.

Thought it would help in sales for Zenaida and yes Kuja, if they launched a DV on Kuja's week.

Anyway, think I would really use Tifa in DV's magic stage, just for the fun of it~! Thanks~! ::blackmage::

AustinValentine likes this.
  17. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    But only for fire and light. Tifa being imbueable and with easier access to killers will outdamage him on non fire/light weak stages.

18. Danziger

Danziger VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I'm still thinking that Elena will be the first NV NeoHybrid. That's the only thing that would make sense to me. Otherwise no one would like to have her now that everything is centered around DV. And I also think that they will make her OP again.

NeoHybrid or TrueHybrid as in she's doing physical damage in her normal form and physical type magic damage in her BS form. If they make that happen she will be hyped like crazy and can be used for both type of enemies in DV. This would actually be great. She would be the most loved unit again :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Cylian likes this.
  19. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Well-Known Member

Youd still use zen on stone stages due to her killers instead of bringing dead weight like cg jake. Also isnt the sheet cited in op the jp sheet? I remember someone doin the calcs on reddit and it found that gl ace and rem will do more damage chaining that using lb build unless max whale gear iirc

20. Danziger

Danziger VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Besides that you can pair Zen with Tifa and double BOOM on every mofo. You will bring more than just one chainer for the capping anyways.

Cylian likes this.