1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Torn between TMRs

Discussion in 'General' started by SlightlyDubious, Jan 12, 2018.

1. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious Want to help Dantz? Check my sig! Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    So I've been working on Aileen and Veritas of the Heaven's TMRs since Aileen's enhancements were announced, but today I got lucky enough to pull an Elfreeda (WOO!). I have Cloud, and I've been working on his TMR a little as well, but I'm not sure if I should continue dedicatedly working on TMRs for Aileen, or if I should switch tactics and focus on Cloud and Elfreeda.

I know Cloud and Elfreeda's TMRs are important for the current and future meta, but I have four VotH, and Aileen is already at nearly 30% TMR, so it would take less time to get their TMRs.

Suggestions would be GREAT.

[​IMG]

2. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Snoop Baldy Bald VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    My vote is for you to obtain the TDH gear 1st. It will boost many units, not just Aileen and her TMR.

3. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Rum und Ähre! VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    CG Daddy Dylf
    And i say get Aileens spear, because cloud is a finisher, she's a chainer. If you can't BiS your finisher and have no good chainers, you won't be happy with TDH & 1 Elfreeda Tmr. Though i don't know how many Aileens or chainer you have.

Dantz, Eynskaet and SlightlyDubious like this.
  4. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    I've got a 1200+ attack Onion Knight as my primary chainer, and if I need a finisher I use Nyx. I've got two Aileens, but I've only got enough materials to enhance one, so I'm just going to focus on her for now.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  5. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Snoop Baldy Bald VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    if you are going to use nyx and you have the Fixed dice build, TDH is the way to go. So with that new knowledge, if you have 2 Aileens they can chain with a REALLY BIG 1 hit finish, and Nxy is that guy for that finish with TDH/fixed dice. Good luck in whatever choice you make.

6. Hero King Gilgamesh

Hero King Gilgamesh "Hall of Fame" Member

since u got 1.2k OK i'd do the cloud tmr + elfreeda.

they are very futureproof

BigNBald5 and Valcrist like this.
  7. Valcrist

Valcrist Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Couldn't you grind all 4 units at once?

8. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

1) Cloud sucks.
    2) You need two Elfreeda to make him not suck.
    3) 7*s are eight-ish months away. And they all want twins too Basil, twins.
    4) I would work on Aileen as she doesn't suck and while DPS still fills roles differently than OK. And I believe in 8 months she is into two Elfreedas too.

Edit: I kind of misunderstood, but I like my list and I would still work on Aileen.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  9. mcnoople

mcnoople VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Depends on how you farm your TMRs. Macro? I would get the gear for aileen. TDH might be very future proof, but finishers are not truly needed at present. The VoH TMR can be used on others if you have another spear user, it can even compliment the TDH gear using the event item "zodiac spear" from last summer. It is a 2 hand spear with 130 or so attack. Then you stack the VoH material on top of that for good hard hits. I have 1 elfreeda and she is in my TMR team at the moment, but it is more for the LB orbs and +40 atk than it is for the DH aspect of it.

It is an important part of the squad I am making for LB farming. My goal is to be able to use 1 lb every round while causing no damage to an enemy at all. Basically turn it on and walk away, come back later and end battle to collect LB uses. My NRG will regenerate while it is farming, it is a good use of dead time waiting on NRG.

10. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    I'd have to pull three of my VotH's off my team, which would just make getting that TMR take a lot longer.

11. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    Yeah, I don't plan on actually using Cloud, but I could use his TMR and Elfreeda's on someone else.

12. SlightlyDubious

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    I TMR farm manually, and it's going to take less time for me to get Aileen and VotH done. I was thinking about the zodiac spear too, which is why TDH is tempting.

13. Justin113

Justin113 VIP VIP Supporter

Finish what you were doing first.

You had a plan... stick to it and make cloud/elfreeda the next part of your plan.

Congratulations on your pull :)

Xander, SlightlyDubious and BigNBald5 like this.
  14. Kingguss

Kingguss LONG LIVE THE KING! VIP Supporter

Aileen can actually be used as a tdh unit.her bis tdh fd does more damage on average than her bis dw build

15. Dantz

Dantz Renewed hopel0rd Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eFryevia/GLS/Barb/Seph/Raegen/DL/eTT
    As someone who's in pretty much the same boat, I'd say stick with your current plan. By all accounts, Aileen is a beast after enhancements, assuming gumi doesn't fuck hers up like they've done to other's.

I've been begging RNGesus for one VotH. I guess I'll have to settle for the Duke I got a couple weeks ago...::ink::

16. Jubilate

Jubilate Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    155 939 631
    Japan ID:
    739 573 723
    Leads:
    NA: Grimmie Sakura | JP: Dark Veritas
    My vote is for Aileen. Aside from the fact that she's one of my favourite units and deserves your love and attention, there's not really much room for a TDH finisher in your party (it's more of a luxury) in the 6* meta (correct me if i'm wrong) unless you're working on gearing Tidus. 7*s are still months away and you'll have time to finish farming Elfeeda's + Cloud's TMs by then.

17. Xander

Xander ValkyrieL0rd Chocobro VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh with fire element and STMRs
    This. You still have plenty of time to work on the TDH stuff. You already have the ball rolling and your time invested in Aileen and Veritas of the Heavens. I know it’s not as sexy as the concept of having Buster Form and that Marshal Glove, but Aileen and VoH’s can immediately held you. Besides, once you put a TMR on the back-burner, it seems like something new and better will always come along and prevent you from finishing what you started.

BTW, I pulled a second Elfreeda and Cloud as well and I’m kind of in the same situation as you, except I’m working on a Thirst for Survival. I’m only 35% of the way there but as soon as I’m done with that one, then I’m going for the full TDH build with Cloud. ::up::