1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Trading, gifting and securing your account.

Discussion in 'Account Trading' started by Nina, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Nina

Nina Perfectly Splendid Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    First of all, welcome. ::rudecat17:: This post will be dedicated to warn you about possible threats that concern account trading and in what ways you can secure your account. There have been several reports of people losing their account because of scams. We would like to try and prevent that from happening again. Especially for those who give/trade accounts to people on this forum. Wall of text.

Be aware that trading is not 100% safe. Three situations arise: you either give, receive or trade an account to or from another forum member:

- If you decide to trade or receive a request consider contacting @Zilla731 or me who will handle the trade. The staff member will change the password of both Facebook and the linked email. After the change you will receive the login information and be able to change it to your own preference. This way there will be no risk of leaving with empty hands. Note: we can't oversee trades between different games. We have no knowledge on how account credentials and transfers are handled in other games and want to avoid possible problems that arise we can't solve.

- If you decide to trust the forum member always be sure to ask for both login information of Facebook and the linked email account.

- Know who you’re trading/giving with. This is obviously not always possible. People can have quite the reputation of constantly changing accounts. If you have the desire that the account will be gifted to someone who really needs it be sure to check their forum history. If you don’t care, let’s hope the account will have a nice and lucky future. RainbowCrystal

- Once you receive an account make sure to secure it as soon as possible. There are various ways which I will explain later. Don’t give the trader the opportunity to scam you after the trade is completed. Add your own email address to Facebook and make it primary. Remove the old one. Confirm this step by a link sent to your mail inbox.

- Once traded or gifted you will lose access to the account. Make sure you don’t regret it.

- Delete any personal emails on the linked account. For example receipts of possible purchases you made in game.

- Unfortunately Gumi is still undecided of changing the way players back up their data. After linking your game account to Facebook it’s impossible to unlink it after. You will lose access to the Facebook after the trade.

- Make sure there is no reason for Facebook to ban your account. Facebook has a very strict policy regarding duplicate or fake accounts. They are known for restricting further access unless you can prove it’s not fake and they have every right to do so. The best way doing this is to upload a real photo of yourself, update your basic information, like posts, add friends and join groups. Be active on the account. For example I joined some cat groups… because who doesn’t like to see some cute videos/pictures of cats to cheer up your day. ::love::

- Once you changed the Facebook password go to: Settings – Security and Login log out of all sessions. There is a button below ‘’ Where You're Logged In’’. Also remove all two factor authentications: ‘’ Choose friends to contact if you get locked out’’ and all options in Setting Up Extra Security.

Various ways of securing your Facebook account:

- Obviously use a strong password. I advise to use a different password for each account you use. Especially, don’t use the same password for Facebook and the linked email. Visit https://passwordsgenerator.net/ to generate a safe password.

- Make use of Facebook their two factor authentication. Adding a phone number is the most secure. This way you will have to enter a security code sent to your phone by Facebook. This makes it impossible for intruders to access the account unless they have physical access to your device. You can always add authorized devices so you won’t have the hassle of entering a security code each time you want to login. The only downside of this feature is that you can’t use your phone number if its already associated with a different account.

- Add 3 to 5 friends who will be able to sent you a recovery code in case you lose access.

- Hide your account. In privacy settings set every option to Friends or Friends of Friends. There will always be trolls on the internet who may report your account to Facebook for being fake. ::rudecat9::

- A special feature to secure your account in case anyone ever gets access to the linked email is at the bottom of Security and Login. With this feature you are able to encrypt notification emails sent by Facebook. For example password resets. If you are interested visit this website: https://www.igolder.com/PGP/generate-key/ Generate a PGP key. You can leave the email/passphrase boxes empty. Save the private and public PGP key in a text file (all the contents, including the begin and end lines). Copy the contents of the public PGP key in Facebook and check the box. From now on anyone who ever tries to reset the Facebook password by email will have to decrypt the message. Decrypting for own purposes is possible at https://www.igolder.com/PGP/decryption/

Reports from players who lost their account in the past were able to recover it by contacting Gumi their customer service. It is possible and it will probably be a hassle because they will require you provide specific information of the account like receipts of a purchase. Because of this reason I can’t guarantee 100% safety while trading and I don’t know the procedure of how Gumi handle these requests.

Always use common sense when trading. When something looks too good to be true, it usually is. If you think you were scammed contact a staff member. Anyone who scams another forum member will be permanently banned.

If I missed anything or do you have more tips on trading or how to secure your Brave Exvius account let me know. ::rudecat17::

Don't kill me for my grammar.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. veritasofdarkpperor

veritasofdarkpperor Well-Known Member

Even if you changed all the personal information including changing primary email address with yours, once you change your password Facebook will still contacting previous primary email address to ask whether you make changes or not. Anyone knows how to prevent this?

3. Nina

Nina Perfectly Splendid Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    This is a secure feature of Facebook. Makes sense, because it allows people to recover their account in case they lose access to it. Its like when you login Google account from a new device. It will sent out alerts. You can change the notifications Facebook will sent after making changes:

Account Settings > Security > Login Notifications (might be under Notifications > Email).

I'm not sure if this will entirely prevent alerts after making a change for the first time.

MikePro likes this.
  4. veritasofdarkpperor

veritasofdarkpperor Well-Known Member

Not sure if facebook ever delete the first owner of the account tho. They will keep being updated even the email itself has ben removed from the account. I'd like to try something later. And i will post it here once i figured things out.