1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Trial Boss Guide : Sleeping Lion (Intangir) - For Avg. Players

Discussion in 'Guides' started by YY83, Aug 25, 2016.

1. YY83

YY83 Ascended Member

Hi to all
    this will be my first guide on the Forum . a guide to the trial Boss - Intangir

Decided to write this guide as it took 8 try before I clear this stage.

I feel that there should be other players like me who does have some problems clearing this Boss , thus I hope my effort on this simple guide can help.

the first 7 try I had , all ended with 1 Meteor killing 5 of my units with Lenna only to be killed on the next.. My mistake here was that I took another Barrage Unit (friend) thinking of getting more damage and getting the stage clear fast.

Result : LOST
    Round 1 > Cheer , 2 x barrage , hyper drive , 2 x normal attacks. --- Intangir went to sleep .
    Round 2 > 2 x barrage , hyper drive , 2 x normal attacks --- Intangir woke up and Meteor (reason: he was at the 50% HP mark)

Result: Win , Importance of FULL BREAK
    Round 1 > Cheer , FULL BREAK , 1x Barrage , Hyper Drive , 2 x Normal attacks --- Intangir went to sleep .
    Due to the Full Break , Intangir is already near 50 % HP .
    this point of time when Intangir wakes up and does a Meteor , the damage ranges 800 - 1000+ , all your units should be able to with-stand the hit.
    make sure you heal up and just be sure you re-fresh the FULL BREAK.
    The rest of the battle will be won soon.

Units:
    Barrage x 1 unit - for me , it was Chizuru (arm with Ifrit 2 * - beast killer skill will be most ideal) if your Ifrit is not yet on 2* , it should be fine too .

Heal x 1 unit - for me , it was lenna - whose Cure and Cheer spells are needed.

Magic x 1 unit - for me , it was Kafka whose Hyperdrive helps to deal damage and also to avoid getting Meteor trigger.

Full Break x 1 unit - for me , I Do not have any Full Break unit thus , I have to look for a friend's help. I took WoL

2 Other Units - Garland (lev 70) and Firion -- I choose them as they have the most HP among my units

ChaosFX, Jose, jk2456 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Let me add something.. if you got a friend with vaan as leader, use him. Fullbreak is important but so as focus. Focus lessen the damage of meteor and also improve healing spells..

Lionhear, jk2456, jia16 and 1 other person like this.
  3. jia16

jia16 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz
    Thanks to billyvon for lending me his wol. Finally able to beat intangir on my 4th try.

4. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Are you maybe implying that my guide is for advanced players? :[ And you're missing key points of a guide here. Stuff like this.

• Thresholds, Weaknesses, Resistances
    • Attack Patterns
    • Move / Ability Suggestions.
    • It's HP/MP Stats

YY83 likes this.
  5. Jose

Jose Purple lord VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    OR you could just go with a full barrage team because in global barrage > logic Kappa

6. YY83

YY83 Ascended Member

lol .. no mate , surely not. Your guide is very detail .

i am just writing it out as I felt lost yesterday night not able to clear the boss , and I spend a few of the stamina rewards

7. Kinthos

Kinthos New Member

Leads:
    Vaan lvl 80/Kefka lvl 80/Cecil lvl 80
    Your guide was excellent.

He actually didn't say anything at all about your guide. I think this guide was just something he came up with out of his experience with Intangir.
    He doesn't have OP units so it gives a point of view from a different perspective. A perspective and an experience that serves as an example to those without the "right" units that are optimum for this event. I say this because, although I have relatively good units, I still look for others that had troubles dealing with the boss of this event to really grasp the type of difficulty that I'm dealing with. For example, he pointed out that he was able to take damage from meteor and still survive. This gives me insight. It lets me know that my units will probably be able to take a meteor or two or maybe even 3 and still win.

I think it's a good thing when there's multiple people writing a guide because it really gives people more information on knowing exactly what they're dealing with. Always helps to have different ways of explaining things. There's that saying "Two heads are better than one" I think it applies here.

8. Lionhear

Lionhear Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Leader Noctis 763 atk dual wield
    Focus is definetly a important factor so important that I used a non friend vaan to win. Vaan is almost made to help pull you through this fight

9. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Just FYI, avoid using cura and curaja as well. In my few tried on this beast, he counter with meteor everytime i use curaja. I been tested it on my 2nd or 3rd try when i only have lenna and kefka still stand. I keep spamming curaja and he keep countering with Meteor.

I not sure about you guys, but this happened on me. The main strategy for this fight is, you have to kill it as quick as possible else you will end up like Meteor>healing/attack>meteor>healing/attack

Lionhear likes this.
  10. Lionhear

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Definetly happened with me too i recommend elixer if you are desperately trying to keep a op friend alive

11. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Nope, just use xpotion. If you dont have any, craft them first before you fight the boss. It is not time limited event after all. Elixir is too luxury to be use in this kind of quick fight.

As @YY83 and many others said, bring a decent breaker to the fight. I am lucky to have andiduad's Vaan. His Vaan is superb. Barrage + FB + high defense and high HP. I only use Vaan in the first 2 turn then all out in the 3rd turn.

Lionhear likes this.
  12. Lionhear

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Your right I guess I kinda made a mistake considering I got a bunch from the summer bundles:confused:

13. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Meteor will still come at the thresholds so just use vaan's focus and fullbreak to lessen the damage..

14. Iliyana

Iliyana Chasing rainbows! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, Ace
    If using Curaja, put the rest of the party on guard. It lessens the damage from Meteor.