1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News (Trial) Chamber of the Indignant: Scorn of the Beasts of the Dark | starting on Friday 4/11

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Carnefix, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Carnefix

Carnefix News bot Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Esther, Cilka, Circe, Cid
    [(Trial) Chamber of the Indignant: Scorn of the Beasts of the Dark]
    Note: Scorn of Gilgamesh needs to be cleared first to unlock this trial

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[Rewards]
    [Bosses]
    Dark Siren

[​IMG]
    • Type: Avian
    • 130,000,000 HP
    • 430 (+258) Def | 400 (+240) Spr
    • Elemental Resistance: -300% Lightning, absorbs Water/Dark
    • Immune to all status ailments
    • Immune to Def/Spr breaks
    • Vulnerable to Atk/Mag breaks
    Dark Ifrit
    [​IMG]
    • Type: Beast
    • HP:
      • First Summon: 100,000,000 HP
      • Second Summon: 50,000,000 HP
      • Third Summon: 30,000,000 HP
    • 380 (+228) Def | 360 (+216) Spr
    • Elemental Resistance: -300% Water, absorbs Fire/Dark
    • Immune to all status ailments
    • Vulnerable to Def/Spr breaks
    • Immune to Atk/Mag breaks

[Tips/Guides]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Fenix808, danacol, Eynskaet and 3 others like this.
  2. Scoustar

Scoustar VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kitties
    150ish
    Too much info. Wait for @Sinzar ::haha::

Or delete the game 'cause I dunno if I can be bothered waiting another month for Akstar ::raegen::

3. Carnefix

Carnefix News bot Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Here the Sinzar JP version :D

4. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kitties
    150ish
    And who's that DPS unit? ::ink::

Hibernis, TheJokerJake and nox like this.
  5. Ashlag

Ashlag Hold your votes till more details are out Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Don't forget the tank.

6. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kitties
    150ish
    Yeah but I wasn't expecting the tank this week ::cry::

nox likes this.
  7. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    Ang ftw? He has tons of killers.

8. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    And locked to Fire, unless you want to poke Ifrit with Power Shots? Lol.

9. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    If my strategy is correct, this should be doable with 2x Gladio, WKN, Sara, MS Nichol and Cid. Slowly grind Siren till she dies, then OTKO Ifrit from 60% to avoid double physical AoE.

I'm strongly considering skipping this until I pull a third Gladio tho :/

10. Tedeza

Tedeza "Hall of Fame" Member

Leads:
    Esther
    F2P
    Oh wow, another Dark Espers trial with a giant woman, if things go wrong again I hope sugar daddy Jiraiya would come to save me again.

Master Red and Barroth like this.
  11. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Jiraiya is so good now

12. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Is that right?

13. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kitties
    150ish
    I figured Carne missed his 0 key and hit s twice instead. At least I think that symbol is a German symbol that replaces "ss" but I could be wrong

(Don't ask how he managed to hit ss instead of 00)

Fenix808, Carnefix and Seven like this.
  14. Carnefix

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Right!
    upload_2019-4-9_15-35-46.png ::ink::

Fenix808, Nanyu, Seven and 2 others like this.
  15. Scoustar

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kitties
    150ish
    I'm a secret genius!

It's 50 coins only? That's kinda crappy :(

Fenix808 and Seven like this.
  16. The Flash

The Flash Well-Known Member

Won’t be too bad, I’ll probably take non elemental Bai Hu and let seaside imbue water for ifrit and let Bai Hu imbue himself with lightning for Siren

Fayt could work similarly

17. IvaNL

IvaNL Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Sophia , GLS , Jecht ,esther
    Wanna try the Leading man team for this trial ! ::rudecat3::::rudecat16::

18. Cygnes

Cygnes Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Planning to go hard and fast with a magic tank + mirage to kill quickly with Cid. The ramp up of trials is refreshing at least.

19. nox

nox "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Zeno, bonus, zargashower.
    wow.... love how the rewards are so meh. phys aquatic killer plus on a fist? so many dps use fists!::ink:: lol. as far as uoc? got like 25, not really worried. should be fun...whenever i feel like hammering down, but i have a paid weeks vacay coming up so i'll have the time!::bard::

20. Sinzar

Sinzar Well-Known Member

I posted a lot of tips here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/bb9e0s/tips_for_dark_siren_dark_ifrit_trial/

Wiki page: https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Scorn_of_the_Beasts_of_the_Dark

Some skills are not yet translated in the data, so expect Skill ID numbers as placeholders on the wiki until translations are added to the global client (after maintenance).

Mission
    Reward
    Complete the quest Tiger Fangs (Fist Weapon)
    Deal lightning damage 6 times or more 10% Trust Moogle
    No items Trust Coin (50)
    Evoke Leviathan and Phoenix UoC Ticket (1/10)
    The major gimmick of this trial is the resistance requirements. While both enemies are alive, they will follow a five turn rotation, and on the fifth turn, they will both chain an AoE fixed elemental attack that chains and deals fire + water + dark + wind damage to your team. It can't be covered, and if you are not immune this attack will chain and deal very high damage.

The way mixed element spells work is that it adds together all of the included resistances (with buffs), and any imperils, then divides that number by the amount of resists (in the example of their turn five attack, that would be divided by 4). To give a visual example, let's say your unit has:

• 60 Fire resist
    • 30 Water resist + 70% buff
    • 50 Dark resist + 70% buff
    • 80 Wind resist
    60 + 30 + 70 + 50 + 70 + 80 = 360

360 / 4 = 90 actual resistance

So your actual resist against this four element attack is 90, which means it will chain and still deal damage to your unit. 90% effective resist is still really high, and may be enough to survive (on some units), but for total safety try to aim for a final result of 100 or more.

Tips
    Other than the turn five attack, both bosses will be using a lot of magical Fire, Water, and Dark spells. Siren will also be using Charm, Stop, all of the status effects, and up to 40% imperils. Ifrit will also be using spells, but he uses AoE physical most turns as well, and it can be very painful.

At the end of turn four, Ifrit will AoE dispel your team. This is going to clear off all of your imperils before you go into the turn five attack, but it's also going to remove your buffs, so make sure to rebuff at the start of turn five before they use their combo attack.

Some additional important tips in no particular order:

• The fight begins with an ambush that gives both enemies four turns of strong mitigation.
    • If Siren is hit with thunder damage, she will counter with an AoE fixed thunder + wind attack. This doesn't happen on turns where she has a scripted attack that takes priority (like turn five).
    • When Ifrit is below 60% health, he will begin to use two AoE physical attacks per turn instead of one.
    • Ifrit's physical AoE can be miraged, but only iNichol and Thief can mirage more than one attack per round. It can be physical covered and evaded too.
    • All of the magic (except the turn five combo and Siren's counter) can be covered.
    • Ifrit counters every attack with a ST Fire+Dark magic attack.
    Ifrit has a few "thresholds" that don't actually do anything on their own, but if he is bursted through more than one of these checkmarks in a single turn, he is going to retaliate with an extremely powerful AoE Fixed Physical non-elem attack which will wipe out any non-tanks:

Ifrit threshold checks: 90%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%

Be very careful about trying to burst Ifrit but coming up short.

• If Ifrit dies first, Siren will re-summon him (max of twice), and her AI gets more aggressive and she begins to use Fixed non-elemental AoE magic.
    • If Siren dies first, Ifrit will begin to AoE dispel more frequently, and some of his magical nukes happen on the same turn after the dispel (plan your resistance gear accordingly).
    • Siren can only be ATK/MAG broken, and Ifrit can only be DEF/SPR broken.
    A final tip... because all magical attacks include the dark element, Veritas of the Dark is actually immune to everything here, even without any resistance gear! Use him to chain with a friend if you're short on resistance equipment.

Team Suggestions
    This is another fight where it can be approached from a few different angles. You could go for a magical tank, or a physical tank. Setting up a burst team that survives until turn five then OTK's both is also an option, if you have that level of gear.

Physical Cover
    If you go for physical tank, then Ifrit's physical AoE won't be a problem for your team. Instead, everyone on the team wants to gear for enough resistance (including 40% imperils) to take all of the magic every single round. Siren should be killed first, then you can work on Ifrit nice and slow to avoid his retaliation. Special note: Ifrit's AoE hits very hard, especially when he's using it twice per round below 60% health. It can be evaded, but if your tank is not evading, you want a lot of DEF and mitigation.

This is the method I plan to use for my first clear, with this team: http://ffbeequip.com/builder.html?server=GL#8f6cc3e0-5ad3-11e9-9e10-93b8df10f245 + any random DPS friend.

Magical Cover
    With a magical tank, the resist gear requirements on your team are far less, and if you don't mind all non-critical units dying every fifth turn, they don't need much resistance gear at all (you can raise them after the turn five attack). For this setup, Ifrit's AoE physical will be hitting everyone, but above 60% it's only used once per round, so a dedicated mirage unit will negate it (Sarah, Bart, Jiraiya, etc).

For this setup, you need to be able to burst Ifrit from 61% to dead unless you are using a double mirage unit like Thief or iNichol.

Burst Strategy
    If you are confident in your ability to OTK both enemies at once, you could go with a team that only plans to survive until the bosses mitigation wears off, then go for an OTK on both before they use their turn five combo attack. An example would be something like two Cids, and some AoE chainers so each Cid could OTK one boss each.

Be aware that Siren is very hard to OTK.... attempt at your own risk.

Copy pasted it into a spoiler because the formatting breaks when copying from reddit to another forum.

MikePro, Etzel009, Scoustar and 4 others like this.