1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News Tuesday News Brief - Apr 27 - Knights of Grandshelt | NV Rinoa and NVA Squall | CB and MK Events

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Sartre, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Lots of news this week and a highly anticipated JP unit coming out alongside another highly anticipated unit (by some) in Rinoa! Double banner week? This sets a dangerous precedent! (okay, I feel like this joke is dead now...)

- SUMMON BANNERS -

KoG.jpg

• One of the most highly anticipated units from the JP side, but is he worth the hype?
    • Will get a Global upgrade to his LB, but nothing specific yet.
    • Typical 60k pity for a Premium Unit
    • Light-locked physical LB damage unit with big burst finisher in Brave Shift (it hits twice!!)
    • Has 200% omni-killers so stupid easy to gear
    • STMR is a 220 ATK greatsword with 75% beast/dragon killers. Exclusive to KoG: 500 static ATK
    • TMR is a materia with 75% demon/human killer but only if wielding a katana or greatsword!
    • Most ppl want him for his VC which is bonkers on any physical DPS
    KoGVC.jpg
    • Yeah, you know you want it. Just remember this is a premium VC so you'll have to get KoG to EX+3 to get it. Not cheap!
    Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20220426KOGFeaturedSummon.jpg

Rinoa.jpg

• Rinoa is a strong dark-elemental magic DPS with imbuable magic TAG-chains on her normal form LB
    • After using her Brave Shift LB she gets access to a Quad-castable 575x dark magic attack for a total 2300x modifier.
    • She is probably more well known for her 30% dark imperil field when summoning Diabolos (which stacks with Dark amp fields!).
    • Her TMR is really only good for herself as it's restricted to FF8 units, but it gives her 500 static MAG and 50% omni-killer!
    • Her STMR is a 237 MAG throwing weapon with 75% avian/insect killer and gives her another 500 static MAG. It is one-handed so I'm assuming she'll want two of these for a BiS build.
    • 42k pity banner with shards in the shop (huzzah!)
    • Her VC is good for her, and that's about it
    RinoaVC.jpg
    • Lone Lion Squall (aka CG Squall, not the OG Squall) gets similar treatment to NVA Tidus, with a 240x non-elemental SLB that also does an 87% DEF/SPR break and 130% fire/dark imperil while buffing his own beast/human killer by 150%.
    • Using Taivas STMR on him will make his LB mod 300x which is pretty nice for an NVA unit!
    • Will get stronger when Laguna arrives (next week?) as he'll get a lot more static ATK from the TMR and VC that comes with him.
    Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20220426FF8FeaturedSummon.jpg

- MOG KING EVENT - BALAMB GARDEN IN CRISIS -

bannerhead1.jpg
    • Standard MK event, clear stages with bonus units to get currency to clean out the shop.
    • Can get Lone Lion Squall Prism and shards in the shop!
    • Comes with a challenge dungeon for another mystery crystal
    bannerhead2.jpg
    • I remember encountering the dinosaur in the training room for the first time when I played this game way back when. It kicked my ass. Time for some payback!
    Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20220426BalambGardenInCrisis.png

- CHRONICLE BATTLE: ELVORET -
    bannerhead3.jpg
    • Farming CB, clear 10 levels for 1000 lapis!
    • If you intend to use NVA Squall for any content then definitely upgrade Lionheart+ to +4!
    Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20220426FF8CBElvoret.jpg

- THE RETURN: CHAPTER 5 -
    SpecialStoryTheReturnBanner.png
    • The final chapter, where Goku and Vegeta Rain and Lasswell finally consummate their relationship by fusing into KoG to destroy Vlad once and for all!
    • We are rewarded for sitting through all of this with a very underwhelming VC
    - THE STORY CONTINUES! -
    20220426StoryUpdate423.jpg
    • Personally, I'm just hoping this means we can finally EX+2 our Rundas!
    • Also, no more story until late June!
    • We'll also get some more Heroic Quests to go along with the story update for some unit specific gear, as well as the new Fixed Dice recipe.
    Full Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/content/20220426HeroicQuestsUpdate.html

- FREE WEEKLY 5 SUMMON AND MISCELLANEOUS UPDATES -
    • Each week for the next 5 weeks we'll get one 5 guaranteed 5*/NV pull.
    • The black magic spell Quake will become upgradeable up to +3 for certain units which makes it a 120x mod with 135% earth imperil.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    Cylian, Kaladin, Wdiggums and 6 others like this.
  2. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    watch em release a betetr glex VC right afterh is banner ends )

also if we follow JP's content they never get to use him as everything and its brother is light 500% xD

Cylian, Obstkeks, Danziger and 2 others like this.
  3. Leoniaz

Leoniaz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, D. Rain
    i honestly thought it was the OG Squall that will receive the upgrade and i was mad excited with my 10 OG Squall.. ::rudecat16::

LurkerRamza and Sartre like this.
  4. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Yeah, I'm not hyped about him at all, even tho that card would be bonkers on Esther. As for the upcoming trials, they finally released one that had only 190% light resist!! ::joy::

Ouch, sorry :( I had dozens of both versions, Squall just really likes me for some reason ::happy:: he'll be a good unit, potentially better than Tidus since the enhanced Lionheart+ isn't element locked like Tidus's Caladbolg. We will have to wait for Laguna to get the rest of the static ATK sources, tho.

Cylian, hotaru251 and Leoniaz like this.
  5. Spartan 363

Spartan 363 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Would Rinoa go well with Ibara since both share dark based DPS? I am pulling for her simply because she was a huge crush of mine growing up when FFVIII came out over 20 years ago lol.

Sartre likes this.
  6. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    I imagine they would work well together, simply for the dark imperil field that Rinoa offers to Ibara. I think the biggest issue will be chaining Apocalypse with Rinoa since it's apparently a unique 10-hit chain that only a dupe can chain with. Trying to fit four casts of that into some other chains might be difficult, but if you have two Rinoa's and an Ibara to cap their chains that could potentially be lethal? You could also just use Rinoa's NF LB to build a TAG chain for Ibara to cap.

Kaladin and Spartan 363 like this.
  7. Spartan 363

Spartan 363 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Hmmm, I see, well at least one immediate use would be for Ibara to use her BS LB finisher in the mean time until a Materia is released (I hope so) to give Rinoa a chaining partner. Too bad there isn't an Apocalypse materia like Ultima to use with that quad cast BM ring unless this version of Apocalypse is different from OG Rinoa's Apocalypse spell.

Sartre likes this.
  8. Xshock

Xshock Wait for NV Fryevia -s2- VIP

Hmm... We get Drain, Esther, Reberta, Fry continuous and now is dual banner with one of it is premium. Gumi much be hurry and they don't want our wallet to take a rest. Btw more lapis come which mean i could continue to chase for my "Queen" Fry ::ink:: , hope could get her this week, i have Squall stmr and many copies of him so he will be my next NV ::cactuar::.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Sartre likes this.
  9. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Am i the only one That Things That this Update negatively effects my Rank 1 i Worked Quite Hard With very different teams 3 Nights on to get? Compensation is an joke.

Attached Files:

Kaladin, LurkerRamza and Sartre like this.
  10. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    It won't change much about the difficulty of the boss, your achievement is still well earned, mate! This just means ppl won't be penalized for not having a piece of limited timd equipment. This was the easiest and best fix, imo, just removing that preemptive sleep means everyone gets a fair shot at Rank 1. It's still not easy, but now everyone else can suffer while we watch, point and laugh ::joy::

The lapis compensation is just hilarious, tho, classic Gumi ::ink::

11. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    You wil keep your rank #1, it does not affect it, you just get to share it with a few more others. The only negative is that you can brag about it to less other players, or am i seeying it wrong? (I would personally prefer all players, that put in the time and energy to form and gear a team, gain rank 1)

True that. 100 lapis is a slap in the face, not a compensation.
    Best compensation would be an automatic rank 1 for all players. But that would mean 100 lapis less to ~250-500 players...

Cylian, Kaladin and Sartre like this.
  12. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    I meant it More like a downgrade. Everyone That could Beat it and get an 1 or very decent Ranking get an slap in The Face. Here are 100 lapis s an ne Shut up. I think everyone That could Beat it as they intended the Boss to be like this, should get an Compensation of whatnot.
    They programmed the guy and should have forseen how some mechanics could be Managed. And how limited That would be. Just saying.
    And even if some disagree. Some Content shouldnt be able to be Beaten if u are Not an Long Time Player With some Ressources of gear, Units etc.
    Its an Gacha and Not an Console Game >_>*

13. Xshock

Xshock Wait for NV Fryevia -s2- VIP

100 lapis look like charity than compensation ::ink::, it's remind me the old time when compensation is always 100 lapis + 10 nrg small pot ::ink::

Cylian, Sartre, RaagisEd and 2 others like this.
  14. hotaru251

Global ID:
    exactly...except thats not valid here.

a gatcha is where $ reigns supreme & you can't buy (gatcha) a 1 time item from a yr ago thats REQUIRED to counter mechanic.

i understand ppl dont liek it, but it also wasnt fair to flat out require a niche thing that was only available durign a 2week time frame.

Cylian likes this.
  15. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    But using this Argument i could say, everyone Not Pulling/getting Chow wont have a fun Time getting Rank 1. Should now the Boss be nerfed up to That Point, where the dog isnt mvp on this fight? An Limited Unit is also an one Time opportuniy once a year if seasonal Units. But Thats Not 100% sure if Said Unit ever comes back on an Banner.
    I just mean, its something That shouldnt be fixed. The rewards are Not That Great, and in the Long run u get the gear together. Who cares really. Some Cow Events i didnt even bother With it. Just clearing and Thats it. Or should i Write the Support and Complain, i dont have Angela, Grahf, Lara etc. to compete on DV?

16. hotaru251

Global ID:
    difference between getting rank 1 from not having a unit (a yr old unit woulnt be meta anyways) vs a random never hitned at any use 1 time event weapon enchant and literally (prior to the change) required to have a chance at all.

17. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    I still say. Its like Not pulling for an Unit, That May be in the Future the only way to Beat an trial. Just Deal With it. I‘ve Been Playing since day one and i dont Rank very high in Most pvp events. Only Arena xD So what. I think its just plain stupid.
    Like the Golbez Event trial. I had an really hard Time beating it With Series Units. Then they just nerf it cause some complain? It was an Event u could always beat. No Time Limit. No just whalz in With Esther. Where is the Challenge there? I just think they shouldnt do Those nerfes theyll be doing the Last Couple of month. They programmed the Boss With Those skills to be an real Challenge. So what if u Need an Special item to Rank 1. u can still Beat it Quite Fine and Rank high without it. Where‘s the Problem? Really? There are way More concerning issues like missing Content That they should address. Not something That trivial cause of some People complaining. Should i whine everytime i cant get dm high Ranking, cause i miss an Limited gear, stmr or Unit? LOL

18. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Lassgen :3, Lasswell :3, Physalis
    Laguna?! When? Where?! I NEEDS!! ::rudecat7::::rudecat12::

I don't really understand the uproar about the fixed boss mechanic. I mean, people don't lose their rank 1 achievemet, why get mad that more people will be able to share the rank achievement? Is it really that bad that more people will be happy in the end? You lose nothing, but others gain the same as you. Win/win. I don't even think any compensation is necessary in that case (even though I happily take 100 lapis haha), because really, nobody loses anything, right? And why is sharing when others get the same as you, without you losing anything, bad?

19. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    According to the JP players, Laguna is supposed to be next week's banner, as long as GL follows the JP schedule. Since the news explicitly stated that Zell will get his NVA next week it would make sense that Laguna should be the banner unit coming with him. Ofc, this relies on Gumi making sense...which isn't always the case :-P

Clodia, LurkerRamza and Cylian like this.
  20. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Lassgen :3, Lasswell :3, Physalis
    ::rudecat12::::rudecat7::::rudecat12::::rudecat1::

I waited years for Laguna!! I love Laguna! Apparently all my favourite characters have the same hairstyle :D
    But but... I only have around 55k lapis, and planned to pull for KoG... ::cry::

Sartre likes this.