1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News Tuesday News Brief - June 7 - MOAR DQ Dai Units! | DQ World of Visions Event

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Sartre, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Hey everyone, just want to let you know that this will be my last news update until mid- to late July. I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow morning to fly to the other side of the world to visit my family, whom I haven't seen in nearly 3 years thanks to COVID. I'll still be able to check in with the forum, but I just won't have the time to put together news updates until I get back, and even then I might need a week or two to recover (that jet lag coming back to Australia from the US is a bitch!).

bannerhead.jpg
    Full Banner Details:
    https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20220607DaiWeek2FeaturedSummon.jpg
    • Three more NVs to shoot for...yay?
    • Baran is the prize of this banner (and arguably of the whole event?)
      • He is an LB finisher in both forms, but the LBs are wildly different between forms
      • His Normal Form LB is a 2400x mod, lightning-locked, fixed-hybrid finisher
        • The stupidly high modifier is to offset the fact that fixed attacks do not gets boosts from killers or field amps!
        • Also note that since it's a hybrid attack you'll need high ATK and MAG and will need to account for the boss's DEF and SPR.
      • His Brave Shift LB is a 350x lightning-locked magic finisher
        • Also benefits from a 300% MAG store buff on the setup turn before the LB!
        • Basically hits as hard (if not harder?) than KoG but as a lightning mage (this is only true after the magic variance patch for 2h mages!)
      • STMR is a 2-handed sword with 217 ATK and 237 MAG with 75% dragon/demon/human killers. Exclusive to Baran: 250 flat ATK/MAG
      • TMR is an accessory with 56 ATK/MAG and 50% LB damage. Exclusive to Baran: 250 flat ATK/MAG.
    • Hyunckel has the potential to be really useful, and quite strong!
      • He is an SLB light-locked physical DPS with surprisingly useful magic tank skills!
      • His SLB is getting a global upgrade so we'll have to wait on the modifier, but the word on the street is that it'll be a 350x mod, based on his JP form that gets a unique mod boost when his HP is below 10% (the idea is that GL is going to remove that limitation and simply give the SLB the full mod right out of the box)
      • Has a nice CD skill that grants AoE 70% general mitigation, 70% magic mitigation, and an extra 80% magic mit against demon and stone monsters and buffs light/dark resists by 200%, all while doing an 88% ATK/MAG break to all enemies!
      • Has a decent magic cover with high base SPR and 3 stacks of guts so he's actually serviceable as a magic tank while also dealing decent side damage with his SLB!
      • STMR is a 2-handed spear that can only be equipped by magic tank type units. It comes with 220 ATK and 237 SPR and 75% stone/fairy killers and even throws in 20% resists to all elements! Exclusive to Hyunckel: 500 flat ATK and SPR.
      • TMR is an accessory with 54 ATK/SPR that grants 75% TSW ATK/SPR. Exclusive to Hyunckel: 250 ATK/SPR.
    • Hadlar is the troll of this banner, literally and figuratively...
      • Much like Mage Popp last week, Hadlar is a lackluster SLB mage locked to fire element.
      • STMR is a 2-handed fist with 180 ATK and 218 MAG and comes with 75% human/demon killers (might actually be useful for TDH Kaktiria?)
      • TMR is a materia that gives 500 flat MAG to all DQ Dai units (really useful for Baran and that's it)
    banner2.jpg
    • Same deal as last week: 36k lapis for a pity
    • Shards will be in the shop for all three units.
    20220607DaiWeek2VisionCard.png
    • In case you missed it, this card no longer has the DQ Dai unit restriction on the flat ATK/MAG at lvl10, meaning literally anyone that equips this card gets the flat stats.
    • This makes it basically a premium level card that almost reaches KoG and Dark Rain VC levels all at a non-premium cost. You can get it from either Hero Dai or Baran at EX+1 and EX+3. I highly recommend trying to pick up at least one of these if you didn't pull for either KoG or Dark Rain, this card is extremely broken now that it's unrestricted!
    banner3.png
    • Much like Mystvearn last week, this is another 3k lapis and mystery crystal just waiting to be taken. Should be an easy all-mission clear for most players.
    banner4.png
    • Another daily battle to collect shards for the new batch of DQ Dai units.
    • We still get one more week of the first batch, so make sure you do both every day after maintenance this week!
    banner5.png
    Full Event Details: https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-...en/img/20220607VisionsWorldAdventureofDai.png
    • This is a potentially shareable Rank 1 Vision World, similar to the Xenogears event a few months ago!
    • Final boss is a Demon with a -100% weakness to lightning, so Esther will eat this thing alive!
    • 10k lapis if you can Rank 1 this event, but you'll get at least 100 lapis just for playing.
    • All stages will be open immediately after maintenance!
    • Like most Vision World events, there is some nice craftable gear:
      • Great Axe is an upgrade to Crocodine's STMR that can be potentially quite good on physical tanks, but do note that it's a 2-handed axe and thus you cannot equip a shield with it!
      • Dark Armour is light armor restricted to magic tanks only and comes with 63 ATK and 83 SPR with 20% all element resists and 50% TSW ATK/SPR
      • Mirror of Shalal might be the only alternative to Reflect Ring if you missed that particular piece of limited gear. Its an accessory with 55 MAG/SPR and 50% demon killer and grants the wearer an ability that gives them a 2-stack reflect. Note that it is an active ability, meaning you must use a turn to cast the reflect, it is not an auto-cast.
      • Legendary Dragon Knight V gives 750 flat ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR but is restricted to DQ Dai units only.
      • Bonds of the Disciples of Avan V grants a mod boost to certain abilities and auto-casts a demon killer buff at the start of battle, but is restricted to Dai, Popp, Maam, and Hyunckel only. I do not know the specifics of the mod boost or the killer buff % yet.

Cylian, LurkerRamza, Kaladin and 4 others like this.
  2. Leoniaz

Leoniaz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, D. Rain
    wishing you a safe flight and happy holiday!

Sartre likes this.
  3. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    just in time to try out your new shiny VC for her?

Goodluck on your trip :)

Sartre likes this.
  4. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Watch the Simpsons episode where they go to Australia to prepare.

Phinny and Sartre like this.
  5. Larat

Larat "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Urghs, farming a vision world again ::sick::

Wish you a nice time at home/with your family ::hiya::

Sartre likes this.
  6. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I love Kaktiria but she does crap for damage ::rofl:: Are there any other mages that can use a fist weapon?

Sartre likes this.
  7. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    anyone can with equip fist materia ;)

Sartre and Kaladin like this.
  8. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Bon voyage, and have a great time there, yah? ::up::

Let's all cap this VW later. Esther + Kaito + Dai finisher, maybe? ::rudecat16::

Sartre likes this.
  9. T9000

T9000 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    500 127 564
    Good for you man.
    I went and pulled Huynken right off the spot. Great magic tank.

Sartre likes this.