1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

News Tuesday News - September 14th - Events and Quests - FF Type-0 Raid event & 2 Chronicle Battles

Discussion in 'News & Events' started by Sartre, Sep 14, 2021 at 8:46 PM.

1. Sartre

Sartre Stay classy Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Final Fantasy Type-0 Raid Event - The Kingdom's Final Hours
    Raid.jpg

Raidperiod.jpg

The Highlights

• I honestly don't see any...
    • All the good gear is unit specific (either Queen or Machina)
    • Comes with a daily dungeon:
    dailydungeon.jpg

Full Event Details

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20210914FFT0KingdomsFinalHours.jpg

CHRONICLE BATTLE: Lt. Cnl. Charlot
    CB1.jpg

Begins: September 16th after maintenance

Ends: When FFBE shuts down...

The Highlights
    • Not too much to get excited about here but 1000 lapis for clearing 10 dungeons isn't bad.
    • Two upgradeable pieces of gear from this one, neither being particularly awesome, but if Ace ever gets an NV/A in the future then you'll want to upgrade Wild Card to +4:
    Wildcard.jpg

Full Details
    https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/img/20210914CBLTColonelCharlot.png

CHRONICLE BATTLE: VAJRA
    cb2.jpg

Begins: September 16th after maintenance

Ends: When FFBE shuts down...

The Highlights
    • This will be similar to the Valigarmanda CB we had a couple weeks ago.
    • You can only use FF Type-0 units to clear
    • The biggest prize is the Mystery Crystal, but we still don't know when we'll get to actually use them in GL.

MISCELLANEOUS EQUIPMENT UPGRADES FOR FF TYPE-0

Some nice enhancements to some of the gear, most notably:
    • Wildcard Ace STMR now comes with Death Resist!
    • Katana Mastery passive now boosts all stats by 80% plus comes with 50% TDH when wielding a katana! (this should apply to any unit with this passive, but must be upgraded to +2)
    Full Details:
    https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-.../en/content/20210914MiscellaneousUpdates.html

2. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Wiki says katana mastery is for Sephiroth, WH Raegen, DK Luneth, Raegen, Akstar, HK Lasswell, and Loren. So...some nvas in there I guess.

Sartre likes this.
  3. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    This is pretty great ::up::

Scheich and Sartre like this.
  4. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    I would imagine that the new Kurasame gets this passive too, no? Why else would they come out with this now? The big question is how it will effect Chizuru TMR...I doubt it'll give the full +2 benefits but it should at least give the 50% all stat buff, right?

Indeed, no longer will we have to fear Cait Sith/Vanille teams in Arena! ...if we still played Arena, that is ::ink::

Kaladin and LurkerRamza like this.
  5. Xshock

Xshock Wait for NV Fryevia -s2- VIP

Chizuru tmr is my first tmr and it's was useful a while. Back to now , ppl need something like LB dmg or killer or increase cap chain .... etc. You could easy cap 400% stats or 400% tdh with stmr. So this upgrade i think useful for newbie only. With old player and veteran it's more like collection. With strongest katana unit we have atm is Sep , i don't think he have a change to carry it.

Sartre likes this.
  6. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    Could still be potentially useful for adding bulk to a damage dealer or tank/provoke that can wield katanas. It's niche use, for sure, but 50% DEF/SPR materias are very, very rare.

7. Xshock

Xshock Wait for NV Fryevia -s2- VIP

But it look like limited to some unit and katana is not weapon for tank , provoker.

Sartre likes this.
  8. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Death resist is still pretty rare so that is nice.

For once, I'm actually happy to have a Raid.
    For daily "enhance a unit" rewards I've been burning my Cactuars maxing random 7*s and finally ran out by mistake, oops.

Now I need to go back and pot all those old units to get rid of that overflowing part of my inventory which I had thought was mostly Cactuars.

P.S. TM moogles really shouldn't be part of the enhancement unit inventory...

Sartre likes this.
  9. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Exactly what I was thinking! I have two V.Flags so I think my 4 of 5 can be death immune now ::up::

Sartre likes this.
  10. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    With two Flags you should have 4 and a half units worth of death resist, don't forget Genji Armor comes with 50% death resist! (RIP CoA, btw ::cry::)

I've been doing the same with my cactuars but I haven't even dipped into my reserves yet, I honestly don't know how I accumulated so many max lvl cactuars!

Aloha Lasswell says otherwise ;) also anyone that equips his STMR would benefit from this materia. Like I said, it's super niche and situational, but it's nice to have.

Xshock and LurkerRamza like this.