1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Tyrant assisstance

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by The Light Warrior, Feb 10, 2020.

1. The Light Warrior

The Light Warrior Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, A.W.O.L, Kryla, CG Fina, etc
    Gud evenin' ladies and gents, would one of you be able to point me in the right direction *i.e.* the right unit to use against the Tyrants? I haven't had much time to study these bosses properly to defeat them and times running out. I have a plethora of 7 stars to choose from, some are very good however I am barely making a dent in either of these bosses.

Before I get into the details, 1# yes I know about chaining- however the mission requirements limit you to 5 units and these bosses suck, 2# I do not own Kartan, Folka 7 star, Cecil 7star etc. I've studied the barely useful strategy the game provides, and I've watched videos where others make the bosses look easy. But then again they also use units I generally don't have, or equipment I don't have.

So in your all's opinion *excluding Kartan* what unit should I use to damage either one of these bosses? Right now I'm fighting the Tyrant Despair, and physical damage is nearly useless there, so its a magic fight, Despair is weak to fire, I know that much, I've tried to exploit that weakness but it doesn't seem fazed. I have a good number of great mages to pick from but I haven't leveled them all up to 120 yet. Resources are limited, so I have to pick and choose, that's why I'm asking. ;)

I have Circe, Veronica, Mediana, etc. Any help in this regard would greatly appreciated. ::hiya::

Bless the Crystals!
    -Fighter of the Light Warriors.

Skye and Seven like this.
  2. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Man, I want to help you out, but I don’t have any matching mages. I was hoping you had Terra or CG Dark Fina, so we could make the magic fight quick. Level up your AK Rain and max his LB and we should be able to smash the physical fight.

The Light Warrior likes this.
  3. Qlitus

Qlitus Well-Known Member

I used aurora. She fucked him up pretty good

4. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    I can do circe, Veronica or mediena if you want.
    Just pick your favorite and let me know how you want it build.
    I have not done any of these fights so I can't help you strategize but I can build a decent friend unit :D

keoten and The Light Warrior like this.
  5. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    BTW @Ferax I have a tentative build for xuan for the demon wall trial
    [​IMG]

He is one bulky boy ::rudecat2::

6. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Damn man, that’s a thing of beauty right there! I’ll be looking for you for sure when I go at that one.

Seven and Shr like this.
  7. Ferax

@The Light Warrior I can vouch for that. @Shr has some of the absolute best friend units around!

Backosteel and Shr like this.
  8. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    I have a circe up right now on nem tab 2 geared for bloody moon and the scorn there of ( 10k hp 1004 spr 2100 mag some resistance to all element, resistant to all statuses except blind poison and disease ) I haven’t even looked at this trial as I have no interest in useless yay you did it emblems.

9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    The first boss has low SPR, the second boss has low DEF, and the last boss has them equal. So, technically, a hybrid dmg dealer is more suitable. Granted, you can still brute-force in with phy or mag dmg dealer as long as he/she is has high enough dmg output. The reason for that is first two bosses have some very strong abilities that they will randomly use at small chance, so you don't want to stay too long there to minimize that. Prepare for sealing the Sigils in the first wave with 8 elemental dmg. Again, if your choice of dmg dealer has high enough dmg output, you may be able to one-/two-/three- shot the boss. Don't worry too much about elemental resistance, especially the second wave. Going with hybrid dmg dealer or preparing to brute force with phy/mag is a bigger factor, imo.

As for team, gear them for Fire/Dark resistance. For mag cover tank, add Lightning too. You can stick with mag tank in all 3 waves, although phy cover tank works for the second wave as well.

Make sure to break the Sigils every turn if you don't one-/two-shot the main body since they will dispel themselves every turn.

I am quite skeptical with Circe's/Veronica's/Mediena's dmg output. Since you will be staying in wave 2 for a while. I don't know if they dmg output is high enough to kill the boss fast enough before the boss use that attack. Most people go with phy dmg dealer though, since the first wave is easier to handle than the second.

Hope this helps.

Skye and The Light Warrior like this.
  10. Keitoshi

Keitoshi Ascended Member

Leads:
    Fryevia, CgFina, CgLasswell, loren
    i have cire veronica and mediana, morgana

how ever mp WILL be an issue with mage route... i advise phys

11. Shammy

Shammy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena/AWoL/IKGarland/AFry/Tsukiko
    Agreed w/ the hybrid route. Levinson w/ demon killer was amazing for this boss. I'm sure Elena and Aurora Fry can also work. Do make sure the boss is imperiled to the damage being dealt.

12. Backosteel

Backosteel Ascended Member Supporter

I used A Fryevia and she wiped all of them.

And @Ferax, @aa25, and @Shr have all been staples for me in clearing trials.

13. The Light Warrior

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Would have replied sooner to you all, but been slammed with work. Ok lets see here.

Did you mean the White Lily Dark Fina? If so I do have 1 of those, but that's it, same with CG Tera, I have 1 of her, not 7 starred yet. I do have a maxed out A.K. Rain though, I do have that.
    ----
    Qlitus: I used aurora. She fucked him up pretty goo.

Aurora? Do you mean Aurora Fryevia or whatever? I actually have her at 6 star, I can max her to 7 if I spend the coin, just haven't used her yet.
    ----
    Shr:
    I can do circe, Veronica or mediena if you want.
    Just pick your favorite and let me know how you want it build.
    I have not done any of these fights so I can't help you strategize but I can build a decent friend unit.

Alright sounds good. :) I think my friend ID whatever is in my tag, I'll have to double check though. I'll get right back to you on that. By the way, very nice Xuan unit there, I always pull horribly on those limited banners, so I barely even try on them anymore, I'll get everything but the limited units being offered, increased drop rates my arse! :P heh anywho.
    ----
    Wdiggums:
    I have a circe up right now on nem tab 2 geared for bloody moon and the scorn there of ( 10k hp 1004 spr 2100 mag some resistance to all element, resistant to all statuses except blind poison and disease ) I haven’t even looked at this trial as I have no interest in useless yay you did it emblems.

Ok my friend global ID is beneath my avatar there if anyone has room, shoot me an invite and I'll add ye. Yeah I don't care about the emblems really, but I haven't completed the other two fights for the tickets, that's the main things I'm after, them emblems would nice, but once again, not too worried about that. I'm only doing that because like me Ferax discussed once before, I'm a completionist, even if I don't want to do something I'll do it, just to say I did it all. ;)
    ----
    aa25:
    "The first boss has low SPR, the second boss has low DEF, and the last boss has them equal. So, technically, a hybrid dmg dealer is more suitable. Granted, you can still brute-force in with phy or mag dmg dealer as long as he/she is has high enough dmg output. The reason for that is first two bosses have some very strong abilities that they will randomly use at small chance, so you don't want to stay too long there to minimize that. Prepare for sealing the Sigils in the first wave with 8 elemental dmg. Again, if your choice of dmg dealer has high enough dmg output, you may be able to one-/two-/three- shot the boss. Don't worry too much about elemental resistance, especially the second wave. Going with hybrid dmg dealer or preparing to brute force with phy/mag is a bigger factor, imo.

As for team, gear them for Fire/Dark resistance. For mag cover tank, add Lightning too. You can stick with mag tank in all 3 waves, although phy cover tank works for the second wave as well.

Make sure to break the Sigils every turn if you don't one-/two-shot the main body since they will dispel themselves every turn.

I am quite skeptical with Circe's/Veronica's/Mediena's dmg output. Since you will be staying in wave 2 for a while. I don't know if they dmg output is high enough to kill the boss fast enough before the boss use that attack. Most people go with phy dmg dealer though, since the first wave is easier to handle than the second."

Hope this helps.

Really? See I haven't even tried that fight yet, I'm not after Fuls...whatever yet....yet. I'm still trying to take down the Free Party versions of Tyrant of Despair and Malice first, then I'll try and tackle Fulsie. But I'll definitely keep all that in mind when I do fight him.
    -----
    Keitoshi:
    i have cire veronica and mediana, morgana

how ever mp WILL be an issue with mage route... i advise phys

Thanks those may come in handy, shoot me an invite if your free. But I think there is some miscommunication, I'm not fighting the big boss Fulsa'whatever yet, I'm still trying to take down the first two bosses before him, the other parts, Malice and Despair, however when I do fight him I'll keep all your advice in mind.
    -----
    Shammy:
    Agreed w/ the hybrid route. Levinson w/ demon killer was amazing for this boss. I'm sure Elena and Aurora Fry can also work. Do make sure the boss is imperiled to the damage being dealt.

See I was wondering how a hybrid would do, but with limited resources I can only level 1-2 maybe 3 or so to max, so I have to pick and choose. I have Elena at 6 star, just got her the other night, but shes not 7star yet, I do however have a 6star Aurora Fry that I can 7 star if need be. Oh yes, that is one thing I always do, I always imperil and break the bosses, and try to keep my units buffed as much as possible. Most of the time it works well, but some bosses mechanics are just horrendous.
    --

Whew, ok all caught up. ;) thx for all the replies, I'll will try this thing again shortly.

14. Nixilu

Nixilu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I sent you a request, but you are at capacity. I have WLD.Fina up and she can chain with Circe. I have A.Fry (fully enhanced) and can put her up if you like.

15. The Light Warrior

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oh? Ok I'll remove one of the old players that doesn't play anymore, I'm sure I have some in there and make room for you. I haven't leveled up my Circe to 120 yet, but I can level her or A. Fry, which do you think would work better? I haven't really used either of them yet. Didn't think a hybrid unit would even be able to damage it, where its immune to physical, and the other is immune to magical attacks I believe.

16. Ferax

I think you may want to level up that A. Fry. Hybrid damage is extremely nice for this when you have to go up against all three bosses in a row. She does surprisingly nice damage against both physical and magical immune enemies. I think the issue is going to be whether you have decent hybrid equipment to make her strong. Things like Nagi’s TM hat are helpful. If you don’t have A. Fry’s STMR sword, I think there aren’t too many options for her weapon. Many people use the equip bow materia and use the hybrid bow from the bloody moon Kai trial, but I’m guessing you haven’t cleared that one yet. It’s probably the hardest trial we have.

The Light Warrior, Nixilu and Qlitus like this.
  17. Nixilu

Nixilu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    As others have said, A.Fry (hybrid) would be better, but you have to be able to gear her & enhance her. If you are and need a friend A.Fry, send me a request and I'll put mine up and gear her for the trial (as best as I can).

18. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    That is more or less the point of hybrid dmg. They can be considered to have both physical and magical parts. While one is resisted, the other part still go through. Many bosses have been designed around this idea (Calcabrina, Malboro 2.0, Ultros 2.0, to name a few), although people sometimes just brute-force in with phy or mag dmg alone. (And you can do it in Tel-Fusalis as well).

19. The Light Warrior

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hmmm in that case I'll go ahead and 7 star her, level her up and get Nagi's TM. Unfortunately I do not have enough of her to get her STMR yet. I pull terribly most of the time when I use my tickets *sometimes Gumi throws me a bone* but most of the time they throw dirt my way. No I haven't cleared anything above Scorned - Siren + Ifrit fight, so none of the ones above them, honestly its not that I couldn't do any of them, I just haven't tried any other ones after Scorned Siren & Ifrit. But I will go and level her up r.q. I'll keep ye all informed, times running out and I would at least like to knock out these two free party trials.

20. Qlitus

Qlitus Well-Known Member

I just leveled doored potted and enhanced my second 7* aurora. Now I just wish I had ran that bow thru melfikya a few more times