1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit GIFs for Emoji - Compilation

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Memel0rd, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Updated Rankings + Reasonings! Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Star Player Tidus
    It's Unit GIFs time!

We made a thead earlier, requesting your suggestions in terms of possible unit gif emojis we could implement into the forum.

Here are the best ones I could find (for various meanings):

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty much all of them would be edited to fit a proper emoji size and still maintain their original meaning etc. Let me know if there are any that seem as a bad idea or could lead into problems, but also feel free to give us your feedback regarding these :).

EDIT: These are the final versions.

We do this with the help of @theJanne ! We also might be able to make some of these smaller to just fit the size.

Memel0rd out

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    RenShin, Sagranth, liddokun and 14 others like this.
  2. zBrOsDivz

zBrOsDivz "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Various, usually aiming at Trials/Km
    New players that start out in 2018 will never understand that Kryla::salt:: ::sarcasm:: Also, i think Tidus would fit more the sad,cry one. Not sure how to fit the Roy one in a chat, but other than that the others are pretty amazing.

3. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

My gif suggestion also received quite a bit of likes and is not among the listed ones ::rudecat6::
    Somehow it does not surprise me, instead, that 5 out of 8 of the gifs the admin proposed in that thread appear here as the "best ones he could find", even if his post was among the ones that received the least amount of likes :rolleyes:

TLA likes this.
  4. LAFORGUS

LAFORGUS "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ask on Chat
    hmmmm checking

[​IMG]

drkelly likes this.
  5. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Updated Rankings + Reasonings! Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    If we can make the gifs smaller, yours would do great. If not, you can't really cut your gif to shorten it

6. CaptCrunchPants

CaptCrunchPants "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    I see a [​IMG] in your future

zBrOsDivz likes this.
  7. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

I was referring to this: [​IMG] It seems as small as the ones you posted to me ;)

8. Memel0rd

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    I think you didn't get the context.

All my suggested images above will get cut down so they are shortened and fit better as an emoji. Some would be a lot better to shrink them down so they still have everything in them as image but are just... smaller. If we are not able to do that, your suggestion is not really viable, because once you cut anything off that image, it's not making much sense anymore.

9. Arnatuile

I did not get it because I am afraid the relevant causal relation was not fully made clear, in my opinion. Namely, a thread was made asking people to suggest gifs, the most liked among which would be turned into emojis. Then your post starts by saying: "Here are the best ones I could find" and not by saying: "TheJanne and I looked at the suggested emojis and realized that the following ones are those that would best fit for being resized as emojis". The first sentence makes it sound like you made an arbitrary decision, pretty much making the previous thread useless (even if you added later that "Pretty much all of them would be edited to fit a proper emoji size and still maintain their original meaning etc", this sounds pretty much like a technical thing these gifs will undergo, rather than what made you choose them among the other suggested ones). The second one justifies your choice making it clear what your selecting criterion was. IF you indeed decided (with the Janne) to choose those gifs because they were best fit to be turned into gifs, that's all good, but it was not clear at all, at least from the way I understood your post :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  10. TLA

TLA ActivelyDepressedParrot VIP

Leads:
    Whatever your heart desires bb
    R I G G E D

Milarion likes this.