1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Artemios [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Shoot em down Artemios! That's right we're talking about the unit Artmeios and how well he fares in the Global meta. As usual, leave comments about this unit, and have a discussion about him.

*Note: Artmeios is set to drop 7/22 alongside Locke, and Hayate. So be ready!

[​IMG]
    Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 408 / 1237 (150) 25 / 75 (25) 20 / 60 (14) 16 / 49 (10) 18 / 56 (10) 17 / 52 (10) 2 3
    4* 531 / 1608 (210) 32 / 97 (35) 26 / 78 (18) 21 / 63 (14) 24 / 73 (14) 22 / 67 (14) 3 3
    5* 690 / 2090 (240) 42 / 126 (40) 33 / 101 (24) 27 / 82 (16) 31 / 95 (16) 29 / 88 (16) 4 3

Magic Levels at 5*: White Magic Level 3, Black Magic Level 4
    Weaknesses: None, Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Equip Bow (Ability): Allows user to equip bows.
    Limit Break: 270% ST Physical Attack > 365% ST Physical Attack.

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    3*: Aim (1), Beast Killer (4), Hide (28),
    4* Human Killer (14), Shadowbind (47), Scattershot (56)
    5* Hard Shot (33), Demon Killer (69), Barrage (80)

Pros: Artemios is another one of these units that has Barrage which is still one of our best offensive moves, so he already has a good spot for any team based on this alone. However, Artemios is different from the 3 barrage users we already have Bartz, Chizuru, and CoD are all pure attackers. Artemios on the other hand has status support in shadowbind, and various killer abilities to his side which is a good plus for him. He also has a partial DEF ignore move in Hard Shot which can be very helpful against move defensively heavy enemies as he could still at least hit somewhat better.

Cons: Artemios has a SUPER low weapon selection, even more worse than CoD he only has Daggers, and Bows to work with and that's it. Given he can't equip any types of shields anyway it doesn't hurt him that his main weapon will pretty much be bows. Hide imo, is super useless. You may think that being unable to be hit for 3-5 turns is great but in return, you cannot do anything yourself. You're just blank, and Artemios would be a bit to valuable to just sit there and do nothing for 3-5 turns.

Trust Mastery Award: Don't go for it, It's not gonna do anything super important for anyone. The best you could argue is that, it gives someone more equipment options like again CoD for example but again it's seriously not worth to grab this TMA just for 1 additional weapon choice. So, pass it entirely.

Comparing to Other Units:

Firion: Alot of people know Firion as the "Slayer" king even at 5* he has some useful slayers which helps his damage. However, Artemios steps in and takes it up a notch by having better offensive options in Hard Shot & Barrage. Firion's best move right now is still Blade Bash which is not better than Hard Shot, or Barrage at all. Artemios would be better to use than Firion cause he has more offensive moves, but Firion has better equipment options if you wanna be all out offensive than Artemios is better, if offensive with some defense is your game then use Firion.

Bartz: Both have Barrage, However, Artemios is well.. better than Bartz too sadly. He has higher ATK (without the use of stat ups from level ups), more offensive options Hard Shot, Shattershot. And status support in Shadowbind. Artemios also has his support from his three killers which makes more useful in content where it may be allowed. Especially in Human Killer which in my honest opinion would be one of the best slayers next to Beast. Bartz however has more equipment, and is has self support in Last Stand which makes him harder to die meaning he could take alot of hits and still dish back. But, for pure offensive purposes Artemios is better than Bartz for now.

Conclusion: I would try to summon for Artemios, as he will hold a place in GL's meta for a considerable amount of time imo. And it's also not bad to pick up on more units that have Barrage aside from Luna's TM, He has great killers, and great offensive moves in battle to help him out.

Tl;dr about Artemios:
    • Useful Attacking moves in Hard Shot, Barrage, Shattershot
    • Great Killer Abilities
    • Terrible Trust Mastery Award
    • Has some status support in paralyze

2. Ffexviusfan

Ffexviusfan Member

Thank you for writing this info! I now don't have to look at the Japanese guides with Google translate (Google translate sucks. One time Bartz translated into Butts. Lol)

3. Night

Night Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    So if im running Firion atm in my squad should I replace him with Artmeios?

Rest of the squad is currently Chizuru, Vaan, Kefka and Fina

4. Galatea

Galatea Member

Umm I dunno if the game has the typo or not, but the hide skill says it's an escape skill. It isn't a skill that is designed to not get hit.
    [​IMG]

5. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Hide is practically a escape yes, Basically he removes himself for a set amount of turns. Which is pretty bad tbh,

Rinny likes this.
  6. Galatea

Galatea Member

Oh I thought that escape meant "run from battle."

7. Mechageo

Mechageo Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, Tellah, Lenna, Golbez, Rain
    I thought the exact same thing. Doesn't seem so useless now!

8. hopelessemo

hopelessemo New Member

I love artemios. 248 attack mines at. So many ppl use him. Which is weird. I had tellah and kuja at 80 and barely get used. I put arty in and I get 100 uses daily.

Wish he got six star tho :( and why they gave him so much mag is beyond me

9. Kingguss

Kingguss Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Aileen,reberta,ashe
    Artemios is a decent barrage unit,and he's better now bc we have better bows for him now like killer bow 61 + att and Rosa bow TM which has like 90+ att

10. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP

i recently pulled him is he worth leveling up i like that he has barrage(since COD is my only barrage user) and i have the killer bow(+60 ATK) which gives him Bird Killer, Plant Killer, Bug Killer on top of his Man Eater,Beast Killer,Demon Killer Abilities???

11. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

I wouldn't, you will eventually pull better units

12. 32_Footsteps

32_Footsteps Well-Known Member

Artemios had a brief moment earlier on, when 5 stars was the limit and Barrage plus killers covered for his awful weapon selection. With more decent swords available, 6-star units in general, and how much physical skills ramped up, Artemios is only really worth it today if you just have zero other options in fights where you need paralysis.

Honestly, with the equipment available even outside of events and TMRs , I'd rather use 5-star Bartz (if you don't have the materials yet for 6-star) or Firion.

13. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP

i also have firion would you recommend leveling him up instead trying to find a ATK unit to replace my Sazh(been stuck with him lol) my current party is COD,Cecil,Refia,Vaan,and Sazh

14. Childish0ne

Childish0ne Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    For your current set up... any of the new units we pull off type-0 banner for bonus would work in Sazh place. You have a pretty balanced team there....

15. 32_Footsteps

Well, if nothing else, Firion will be hitting 6-star in the future, while there's no indication that Artemios ever will. Plus, Firion is Artemios' complete opposite when it comes to equipment - if it can be used to hurt, Firion does it.

I got a Firion not too long ago, and I threw a bunch of Metal Gigantaurs into him anticipating his 6-star. I would swap him in and probably abuse Golem Staff plus Bladeblitz with him if I didn't have better options myself.

16. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP

yeah i am gonna level Firion up now that he gets 6 star in future and his weapon selection is great i put the Betelgeuse(ATK 56) on him

17. Childish0ne

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    Never thought about using golem staff on Firion... I have one maxed out because he was one of my first units with really high HP... eventually he was swapped for a full dps team.

He's benched for his 6 star and enhancements... but might throw some HP materia and toss him on a arena team with golem staff

18. 32_Footsteps

I've been victim to Bladeblitz plus Golem staff early on in the Arena; it's up there with Blizzard Flask in terms of things I hate seeing. Firion has a couple other status effect weapon choices as well - Poison Claw, Venom Dagger or Wicked Club turn into a nastier Bio Blaster, and Sleep Dagger and Sleep Sword are surprisingly good for the Arena (very few equip to avoid Sleep).

Meanwhile, I don't think Artemios gets access to any status weapons outside of the Sleep Dagger and the Venom Dagger. Firion just tops him, hands down.

19. project 86

project 86 VIP VIP

also on firion does his plant killer stack if he has ifrit and killer bow attached because thats what i have currently if so probably a good unit to bring for the Attack of Antenolla once i fully max him out ??
    [​IMG]

20. Childish0ne

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    Think I read somewhere killers stack as long as they're from differing sources