1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Black Cat Lid [FFBE: Halloween]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Meow!~ Gonna give her lots of treats? That's right, we're talking about Black Cat Lid and how well she compares in the current GL meta. As usual, leave comments and questions below. And enjoy the review!

Note: After 11/4, Black Cat Lid will NOT be summonable anymore.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [3*] | [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weakness: None | Resistances: +25% Thunder Attacks, +25% Confuse Resist
    Trust Mastery Award: Cat Hat (Equip): DEF +15, MAG +20, SPR +20, +100% Silence Resist
    Limit Break: 240% AoE Attack -> 335% AoE Attack

Note: Table is gonna look different, as they don't display her imp caps, or starting base. This table is gonna only show max stats without passives.

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 1364 74 58 52 54 49 8 1
    4* 1773 97 76 67 71 65 10 1
    5* 2306 127 100 90 93 85 12 1

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Magic Shot 120% Magic Damage to one enemy 6 1 [***]
    Analyze View info on the enemy 1 6 [***]
    ATK +10% Boosts users stat by 10% - 15 [***]
    Maintenance Increase LB rate for 100% fo r three turns (SELF) 8 24 [***]
    Metal Kick 130% Physical Attack to one enemy. 7 36 [***]
    Undead Killer +50% Physical Damage to Undead Enemies. - 40 [***]
    Machine Killer +50% Physical Damage to Machine Enemies - 24 [****]
    Deprotect Decreases opponent DEF by 20% for 3 turns 4 30 [****]
    SPR +10% Boosts users SPR stat by 10% - 37 [****]
    Sunbeam 120% AoE Damage +30% chance to blind enemies 6 38 [****]
    Healing Force Heal 400HP + 1.4x Mod to one ally. 3 42 [****]
    Deshell Decreases opponents SPR by 20% for 3 turns. 4 44 [****]
    Upgrade Increases power of the next normal attack +80% per use. 2 uses max, +50% damage to user 2 54 [****]
    Hex Strike 130% Physical Damage + 3 random status aliments (poison, sleep, blind, silence, paralyze, confuse, and diease) 30% proc, petrrify 90% proc to one enmy 16 16 [*****]
    Invention Randomly use: Power Generator (20% proc), Laser Cannon (25% proc), Blastshot (25% proc), Failure (30% proc) 8 33 [*****]
    ATK +10%, HP +20% Raises users ATK stat by 10%, and HP by 20% - 50 [*****]
    Focus AoE +40% MAG/SPR for three turns. 48 66 [*****]
    Ultimate Blow 250% Physical Damage with -35% DEF ignore. 22 80 [*****]

Pros: Lid isn't actually a bad 5* unit for something that is exclusive to this banner only. Her main draw and what makes her considerably useful is Hex Strike, and Ultimate Blow as her stable marks of DPS. Hex Strike allows her the chance to inflict many statuses to a enemy, while her Ultimate Blow is a strong move alone with -DEF ignore which is great to use for now content so she can leave dents to opposing enemies. She also has a couple slayers which would go great for them.

Cons: Well, she lacks the main DPS weapons that most units tend to use i.e. Swords, Katanas, and Large Swords. She does have a great free bow she can make great use out of and that's the Killer Bow which easily would help her so this one isn't so much as a issue, but a minor setback at best. She's offered the use of some MAG moves but they are kinda there for no reason really. Sunbeam would've had a small niche if she didn't already have Hex Strike even though it's ST it would still be a better alternative then to use Sunbeam imo.

Trust Mastery Award: This is pretty much the weaker MAG version of Black Cowl from Hayate. This TM isn't a bad one to grab at all really. MAG/SPR +20 from a hat is pretty nice as not to many hats rn give that kind of boost. The main selling point is the immunity to silence which is essential to most mages/healers where this hat would have it's best uses. This way you wouldn't have to waste a accessory slot by using something like White Cape on your healer/mage if you was fearing the silence status so they can continue their job without being stopped to do only normal attacks (if you didn't have Esuna on you)

Comparing to Other Units

[​IMG] - Lid
    See what I did there?
    • BC Lid has more stats all around to Story Lid.
    • BC Lid has a extra slayer, status aliments while Lid doesn't.
    • BC Lid has more passives.
    Overall Verdict: Black Cat Lid easily trumps her story counterpart with ease. While the two mainly are the same in movepool, and weapon selections (cause BC Lid is based off her) BC Lids added niches, and new moves on this form makes her way better to use infact she would be a better good 5* attacker as she does have the makings to be it. As this Lid doesn't do anything significantly different at all.

Conclusion: BC Lid is a pretty solid 5* unit imo, the 30% chance to add most of the statuses, and -35% DEF ignore with a 250% mod backs her up to be a good placement in 5* teams. If you haven't already got her she ain't bad to pick up. She has a helpful TM, and a reasonably okay movepool. So, try to summon her.

K.Abuse, Vayhn and -Mav- like this.
  2. ptc

ptc Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    sad she is not going 6 *

Viride likes this.
  3. Kandacat

Kandacat Ascended Member

Global ID:
    754 479 837
    Leads:
    Noctis
    So what Invention does?

4. Asf

Asf Dead ace VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    She is also a nice unit choice for the focus skill if you want a dps unit instead of vaan, celes or cecil which has none. Too bad her weapon of choice is bad.
    The only optimal build that is equipping 2 romandan gun with dual wield tmr.. that takes a lot of grind if you didnt whale..

5. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Sadly, the best of this Halloween banntis a 3* base that can't get up to 6*, at all.

Hope likes this.
  6. Masteis

Masteis Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Garnet
    She could be lethal... Just can not understand why gumi disabled her weapon choices. I could swap her with fencer or any other physical dudes. Anyway, with debuffs and focus still she has a worth but as an exclusive unit she is just not "unique".

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  7. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    I want that little kitty so much but I get sick just to think that one of the other morons could turn into my very first 4* or 5* base unit. Damn it.

8. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    You won't, the rate for 5* this banner is much lower than a normal one. WW Fina is utter shit though.

9. Vayhn

Vayhn Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    After reading this I'm quite surprised actually. After getting two of her in 3 days, was wondering if I would trash it directly as she didnt seem appealing at first.

But now I'm kind of interested.

Will probably level her up once I get everything I want from this event.

10. BarryWay

BarryWay Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hi!
    I've obtained one on daily pull, but my team has a max Lena and a max Wol. It is usseles max this character?

11. ptc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    cat lid is cat lid. just being her in the unit list is already a blessing :D

12. Bejda

Bejda Ascended Member Supporter

I got her by using a ticket outside of drop rate up lol (got Maria Cyan and 4* Sabin from daily summon in the meantime..)
    I'm pretty happy although she won't ever get a 6th *, only downside is now i want spooky aura materia, and more than the one i just bought.

13. NatalinoXS

NatalinoXS New Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Is it okay to fill up her materials slots with spooky auras? How would that affect her stats?

14. ptc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    same here i got her from daily pul land now more candy to farm for spooky aura..

15. Vayhn

Vayhn Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Filling them all will be quite expensive imo, so it all depends about your corn farming pace.

I just bought 2 of them here, knowing that I still need to get everything except TM and the gear.

16. Sparkle

Sparkle VIP VIP

+52 ATK
    +48 MAG

(edited for basic math failure)

This is mine with Ifrit and 4x Spooky Auras

I wish I had rolled more Mustadio's. +47 ATK over anything else I have for her would be huge. Killer Bow is great, just not for this event, so she has the Pestle.

image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Asf likes this.
  17. ptc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    i think i have like 3 or 4 mustadios

18. NDonkey

NDonkey Well-Known Member

Appreciate the review.

I picked up 7 (!) of her via a 5k pull and was looking for ideas on how to integrate her into my crew. While I don't see her as replacing anyone for day-to-day use, I can better see where she can provide a targeted benefit. Certainly I'm going to farm for two TMRs (shoot, I'm already 25% of the way there to the 200% that I'll need) for mages for certain configurations of my team - I will generally run two magic users that vary depending on the battle.

19. nonsense

nonsense Ascended Member

I pulled quite a bit coz I wanted lasswell which I did not manage to get up to now LOL

Anyway, I pulled like 20+ of her, so she is definitely easy to get. I already fuse all to one and get the hat for Tellah. For now she is benched because I don't have the weapon for her , but definitely she can easily replace any physical DD I have now after I farm 4x of the spooky abilities for her :P That's like 100k corns to go LOL

20. Firstchoice

Firstchoice Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    Enough
    I have Black Cat Lid in my main party. Nice and strong unit.