1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Celes [Final Fantasy 6]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    As revealed, in GL News 6/10 will be release of Celes, and Gilbert. So, today I am gonna give you all a brief analysis of what to expect from Celes from stats, uses, trade master award, and everything else you need to know about her.

[​IMG]

Star Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 453 / 1372(150) 22 / 68 (35) 19 / 59 (10) 16 / 49(10) 20 / 62 (10) 18 / 54(10) 3 2
    4* 588 / 1783(210) 29 / 88 (45) 25 / 77 (14) 21 / 63(14) 26 / 80 (14) 23 / 70(14) 4 2
    5* 765 / 2318(240) 38 / 115(60) 33 / 100(16) 27 / 82(16) 34 / 104(16) 30 / 91(16) 5 2

Magic Levels (At 5*): White Magic Lvl 7, Black Magic Lvl 8, Green Magic Lvl 5
    Resistances: None | Weaknesses: None
    Trust Master Award: Minerva Bustier (Equip): 47 DEF, 45 SPR, 30% resist to Fire, Ice, Thunder, Wind elements.
    Limit Break: 1 Hit Single Target Attack: 270% > 365%

Abilities learned from each star level:
    3*: Blizzard, Cure, +10% INT, Runic Blade
    4*: Poisona, Blizzara, Faith, Magic Break
    5* Protect, Shell, Blizzaga, Concentrate

Pros: Celes is a not bad unit as she has viable supports to keep your team going, and good enough buffs to turn them into great attackers, Her strong suits are the ability to use Magic Break, Faith, Shell, Protect, and Runic Blade to help out her teammates. However, this is where the praise for Celes ends for usables if you don't use any units that provide buffs then she's a great fit. I could see a team set up of Mage/Mage/Celes/Healer/Attacker to make the best use for her. She even comes with Cure to help the other healers while they have Cura/Curaga going. It's something for what she has just skillwise. Her AoE buff of Concentrate is what will easily push her to be a better buffer and can help squad DPS better. Runic Blade is also a really great buff to have as it negates all magic done to all allies & enemies. But, why is this good? You can always use Runic Blade last so you won't suffer the magic negate this in return works wonderfully for bosses at thresholds, certain bosses in Colosseum like BGN S5 Europa where his Plasma would be negated which is a huge + for Celes.

*Note: Celes's Runic Blade (Sealing Blade in GL) is currently bugged, it cannot asborb ANY magic used by the enemy despite it being classified as a MAG attack in various wikias, and other outside information. Scorch from White Dragon seemed to failed, tested by: @SpoonyBard, and Plasma from Europa also failed tested by: @Cal.

Cons: Celes is however limited in terms of use of magic skills. She only get blizzard line of skills while she can use (if craftable) most lines due to her Black Magic levels being enough to use most lines without much of a hassle, she's also lacking Protectga/Shellga which makes it longer for her to setup your squads since you have 6 units to work with you'd be running out of buffs trying to give everyone Shell which means you can only give to a set amount which makes it kinda meh to use. Concentrate since it's AoE gives a better shot at success than the forementioned other spells.

Trust Master Award: Her TMA is really good while only limited to only female units there's a huge amount of units that will be willing to use that defensive gear and it even comes with -30% resistances to common elements that're used among enemy setups. Ultimately, she should be put on a priority list when TMAs become easier to grind.

Comparing To Other Units: Celes falls short en comparison to other support units sadly she falls short, Roselia beats her by a milestone when it comes to a healer postition, as something of a buffer type unit I feel Cecil would be better than her, but as for the protection needed Cecil has better support game a AoE heal in Cura, Dispel, a bunch of boosts in abilities like Sentinel, and he even has the same Concentrate buff as she shares. Ultimately, Celes is good, and I recommend pulling her if you don't have Cecil, or Roselia already in your account.

That's all on my opinion of Celes, any comments drop them below.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    eLimV, Rinny, SmoothJK and 2 others like this.
  2. shabaescaba

shabaescaba Ascended Member

Excellent job!

Jet Stingren likes this.
  3. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

They need to make an Opera Version of Celes. :3

MzBish and CrovaxSK like this.
  4. JayLovesTea

JayLovesTea Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Ooooooohhhhhhhhh my heroooooooo!!!

MzBish likes this.
  5. WizardDresden

WizardDresden New Member

Like the details. Keep this kind of post going!

6. Yuusha

Yuusha Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion, kefka, WOL, Lenna
    My waifu is perfect in everyway ~ ♡^▽^♡

Attached Files:

7. Celes-9eHY

Celes-9eHY New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but Celes (and Galuf) seems like a perfect character to use the Enhancer (reward for beating the 4th trial boss) since she unlike Exdearh, Krile and Terra has access to a physical ability in the form of magic break while the others don't get physical abilities naturally.

8. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Is the sealing blade bug fixed? And do you recommend me to level up celes at this moment? I got COD, Lasswell, Krile, kefka in my team now, all in level 50+.

9. CrovaxSK

CrovaxSK Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Yes it is still bugged. It draws the magic (not meteor) but doesn't give MP back. Hope they are gonna fix it :/

10. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    not all magic like skill considered "Magic" like Kefka's hyperdrive is an ability

11. Carlos Gomes

Carlos Gomes Active Member

That music started playing in my head again!!!!!

Lukahn likes this.
  12. Lukahn

Lukahn Ascended Member

Celes definitely deserves to be better!