1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Unit Overview: Cupid Artemios: [FFBE: Valentine's Day]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Casually Retired. VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    He LOVES to kill for his job. That's right, we're talking about the new exclusive Cupid Artemios and how well he compares the meta. As usual, leave all comments, and questions below. And enjoy the review. :]

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Soluna Bond (Accessory): +20% HP/DEF, +25% Light/Dark Resist
    Limit Break: 310%/430% 15 Hits Light Phys ST

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 611 / 1851 (210) 33 / 101 (35) 26 / 80 (18) 21 / 65 (14) 25 / 75 (14) 23 / 71 (14) 3 3
    5* 794 / 2406 (240) 43 / 131 (40) 34 / 104 (24) 28 / 85 (16) 32 / 98 (16) 30 / 92 (16) 3 4
    6* 1032 / 3128 (390) 56 / 170 (65) 45 / 135 (34) 37 / 111 (26) 42 / 127 (26) 40 / 120 (26) 3 4

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Burst Shot Critical Hit 100% ST Physical Attack 6 6 [****]
    Sunbloom Bolt 300% 1 Hit Phys ST + -40% Dark Debuff for three turns 24 20 [****]
    Sunbeam 120% AoE Magic Attack & 30% Blind 6 34 [****]
    Sun Blessed Warrior +25% ATK/DEF - 40 [****]
    Beast Hunter +75% ATK w/ Bow + 50% Phys Damage vs Beasts - 60 [****]
    Rose Custodian 50% Chance to Cover Females (No Mitigation) - 12 [*****]
    Undead Vanquisher +30% ATK w/ Throwing Weapon + 50% Phys Damage vs Undeads = 45 [*****]
    Zealous Auto-Regen (200 Base 6x Mod) - 52 [*****]
    Amp Up ST +80% ATK/MAG buff for 2 turns 32 72 [*****]
    Flash Barrage 4x 100% RT Phys Attacks 25 80 [*****]
    Sun Cupid +25% Light Resist + Poison/Blind/Sleep/Confuse Immunity - 1 [******]
    HP +30% +30% HP - 28 [******]
    Demon Slayer +30% ATK with Dagger + 50% Phys Damage vs Demons - 66 [******]
    Brilliance Aura 50% Chance to counter Phys with: (Blinding Bolt) 80% 1 Hit Light Phys ST + 50% Blind Chance - 88 [******]
    Lux Magna 250% 1 Hit Phys AoE + -35% Dark Resists for three turns 35 100 [******]
    Pros:
    Insane ATK Up Passives: Cupid Artemios provided you go the bow route. Gets up to a massive +100% boost to his ATK stat and that is currently the highest a unit can go on innate passives alone. This is actually pretty insane cause this well help him greatly amplify his damage, alongside his slayer types. It's crazy to believe that his ATK passives top even those who're a 5* base units which means Cupid Artemios is ridiculously strong if you're able to use his full power.

Rose Custodian: To be honest, normally when I see a physical attacking unit with these types of defend abilities. I normally throw them into the cons as they may hurt them unit itself, more so than help them. Cupid Artemios may actually be able to pull it off if he's at a good amount of HP. Since he does have a HP/DEF passive he does have a less
    likelihood to die when trying to defend attacks. It even works slightly better cause most of the female units that people tend to use are healers/support. The only exception I believe would be Chizuru which in her own right is kinda squishy as well. So, he can help take the damage a bit. The only downside to this is that all the damage to CA is unmitigated. He takes the full force of the attack so be careful about this. This also ties in with his counter ability, Brilliance Aura which can allow him to get more damage after he has blocked some damage from female units.

Good Modifiers: While he doesn't have -DEF ignore moves. Cupid Artemios actually has pretty solid modifiers for his base. Which again does nothing more but help his overall damage. Which makes him more solid to use in combat. None of his attacks don't collapse in with each other either so he has reasonable reason to use all of his attacking moves.

Cons:
    Not The Best Immunities: I won't complain about a unit getting free immunities to aliments. However, his aren't the most conventional for his kind. The only useful ones he would have is Blind/Confuse namely the confusion cause even if you had Esuna, he wouldn't be able to attack cause confusion procs before you're able to heal it off. So, he wouldn't have to sit out a turn. If he had more conventional immunities like Petrify then it would work better for him. Still this is not bad at all, just a minor gripe at best.

No Good Follow Ups: If you look, Cupid Artemios has the ability to do some very good dark debuffs, the sad thing is all of his attacks are well.. light based. The only way you could exploit that extra damage is if you're able to equip a dark element weapon for him. This may not the best for him, however other units can use this to their advantage to surely wound down the enemies.

Weapon Specific Slayers: From conversion, (this is not confirmed, and likely to be edited) it seems Cupid Artemios slayers only works when he has a matching weapon to go alongside that slayer. This sucks cause he may lose the slayer bonuses which would normally help him in content when he can use it to his adavantage. But, he would need to switch weapons which is lesser ATK overall cause they won't equal to that massive +95% ATK coming from bows only.

PvP Arena:
    Cupid Artemios is solid here. He does run into some issues with Cecil which as you know has a 100% resistance to light based attacks making some of his attacks useless. He can get around it somewhat by using Burst Shot for some damage. But, Cupid Artemios would otherwise be able to deal with units just fine. He does have a solid counter, and can still deal some okay damage to Carbuncle wielders.

Trust Mastery Award:
    I feel this is a very solid defensive TM for your tanks. Giving them two important stat ups, and some element resistances is always good for building a pure defensive tank. As element resist stacking, and good HP/DEF/SPR is usually the way to go so they will be more successful. So, this TM pretty much falls in that category. So, if you're building a tank. I recommend that you pick this TM up cause it's pretty good.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Yun
    • They both share a beast slayer.
    • Yun has good follow ups to his attacks without the need to have a specific element weapon on.
    • Cupid Artemios has more ATK passives than Yun. (100% on CA, 80% on Yun)
    • Yun has a higher ATK base than Cupid Artemios.
    Overall Verdict: Yun would still be able to outdamage Cupid Artemios. Yun for one has great follow ups to his attacks which would amplify his damage more. In addition to this, he also has -DEF ignore on some of his attacks which as you may know would make the damage even more better. Yun is also able to self serve himself as well, which Cupid Artemios cannot do this type of thing would've helped him better with his Rose Custodian ability as well.

[​IMG] - Randi
    • Randi has stronger slayers at 125% for four types of enemies, while Cupid Artemios can only use 1 for 50%.
    • Cupid Artemios has more ATK passives than Randi (100% on CA, 65% on Randi)
    • Cupid Artemios has more offensive options than Randi.
    • Randi is able to support the team with debuffs.
    Overall Verdict: Randi would only win if he fights against enemies his slayers would proc against as the damage against them would be too great for CA to keep up. Not to mention, Randi slayers they proc no matter what the case is, as it seems to be weapon based only for Artemios. Otherwise, Artemios would surely win due to him having the higher ATK passives, and better sources for damage. Randi has but 1 move to attack with (2 if you count his event) as well. Otherwise, Cupid Artemios would win in damage where Randis slayers do not shine.

Conclusion:
    Cupid Artemios is a very great pickup. And I highly recommend that you do summon for him. He has a great total ATK passive, and some unique ways to be used in battle. He has some great niche in his elemental debuffs, and can help your more squishier female units. So, I happily say that this unit is very much worth to pull.

2. Asf

Asf Dead ace VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Nice speedy review there. Thnx.
    His dark debuf is quite nice if you have dark weapons tmr.

3. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive OK Tidus
    While I like your review (as usual, they are good!), I think that CA is somewhat lacking. May be good for newer players without access to DW (only option here is RS + VE for some damage), or for someone with dark-element weapons like Delita, DKC and Elza's TMRs. He won't replace my Chizurus.

ramon likes this.
  4. Parade

Parade I'm So Proud of You, Children VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    It also works for his future attacks if you use the Killer Bow :3 It's Dark Element.

Yes, it's 31 points weaker than the Goddess Bow (Rosa TMR), but since you PROBABLY haven't farmed a TMR bow yet, you can use the Killer Bow to obtain the +75% ATK and increase your future damage!

5. Tedeza

Tedeza "Hall of Fame" Member

Leads:
    Esther
    F2P
    He looks quite powerful, that Amp Up ability of him.

Still doesnt make me want to pull him though.

I love how he has such horrifying background story despite being a Cupid unit, try reading it

6. Zero_

Zero_ Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Wow, Cupid Artemios has some big regen.

Zealous Auto-regen (200 HP, 6x) per turn

Exdeath's regen for comparison is only 0.6.

Lionhear likes this.
  7. Ardynn I.

Ardynn I. Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru
    kinda compelled to pull him, but aint have any bow(i do have the killer bow) to work for him and only one Ling(which goes to Chiz).
    maybe i'll skip this banner altogether, afterall.

8. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    Killer can compensate for not being as strong as TMR by being Dark Element. Several of his abilities cause a large weakness to Darkness, so you can make up for the missing ATK that way. Oh, and several Killer effects on it too.

9. syren555

syren555 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    is this Right?
    in this review all attacks are physical, but here http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Cupid_Artemios stand the most attacks are light physical damage.

If all attacks have light element he is more powerful char. You can chain well with Orlandu together.
    At the moment it would be nice Orlandu chan Support.
    In the Future we would get Agrias

10. Parade

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dicelord
    His attacks are Light elemental Physical damage. He reduces enemy resistance to Darkness.

So, for Element Chains, yes, Artemios can chain with Orlandu. If you want to make the enemy weaker to Orlandu, you'll want Cupid Luna, who lowers Light Resistance (but is a 5-Star Max...)

11. syren555

Global ID:
    If you have Orlandu you have allways 50% light debuff+ Light elemental chain.

Holy Explosion 200% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist

For f2p player like me is a good damage boost.

especially the killer bow is easy to get and have Bird, plant and bug killer

12. Childish0ne

Childish0ne Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    Seem like Cupid Arty and Cupid Luna need to be ran together to cause serious havoc

13. Steelwind

Steelwind "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Orlandeau
    The way to maximize his damage is dual wield a throw weapon with dagger for a 60% attack passive. That way Sunbloom Bolt and Lux Magma hit twice. The first hit lowers Dark resist. The second hit maximizes the resist debuff.

You can't dual wield with bows since they are all listed as two handed weapons. I have been preaching how poorly coded this is. They need to double all bow attack modifiers since we can't dual wield with them. Even though the bow attack passive is 75% and higher than dual wielding the ability only hits once.

Also kind of confusing that his attacks are light physical damage. But he lowers Dark Resistance. Until Orlandu comes he can only chain with the new Luna.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Metal likes this.
  14. Vedran

Vedran Ascended Member

Leads:
    Fryevia, Noctis, Barbariccia
    One question - if I equip Killer Bow to him, that means he will be dealing dark damage as well as light damage simultaneously? That means, first attack debuff, then on the second attack he capitalises off of the dark resistance debuff and deals more damage? (Even though he deals light damage at the same time.)

15. Zero_

Zero_ Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    In theory, you should use C. Luna and him, but Gumi is crazy and made Luna only a 5*.

16. syren555

Global ID:
    For me, a comparison to chizaro would be intresting
    both have barrage, both have no DW

17. Gardener

Gardener Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Yun, Olive, Fryevia, Aileen
    I see complaints about him not being able to dual-wield bows, but he can also use daggers and throwing weapons for a 30% ATK boost. Sounds solid in my book.

18. Steelwind

Steelwind "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Orlandeau
    You know what? I need to correct myself. I just realized that he won't even get to benefit from his own Dark Resist debuff unless you specifically equip him with the Killer Bow which comes with dark element. You're sort of pigeon holed into either using a Killer bow (which you can't dual wield or doublehand) to take advantage of his dark debuffs. Or you can duel wield with a throw weapon/dagger which you can't take advantage of his dark debuffs BUT the abilities will hit twice.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  19. Zissoulander

Zissoulander VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    Ok, I've changed my mind. I've always liked Arty (and bow characters) and will pull for him. I already have the killer bow and am farming Ling's dagger right now (for Chiz or Yun).

20. Veritas of the Wine

Veritas of the Wine Miss Vanjie VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Seph/Fry. JP: 7 star e.Seph
    I was going to just buy the Valentine's bundle & stock up on tickets, but decided to do a random daily on a whim, as CA looks pretty good. Pulled him on my first try. :D I think he'll sync up nicely with my CoD, given those dark debuffs. Not to mention Exdeath's LB... ::exdeath::

Azrael likes this.