1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Dark Fina [Final Fantasy BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    She's the inner spirit that lies in Fina's heart to make a stunning debut in Olderion! That's right we're talking about Dark Fina and how well she compares in the current Global meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And as usual enjoy the review.

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: -50% Holy Damage | Resistance: +50% Dark Damage
    Trust Mastery Award: Dark Bond (Materia): MAG +30% when equipped with a rod, MAG +20% when equipped for a robe.
    Limit Break: 270% AoE 8 Hit Dark Magic Attack + Ignore -50% MND -> 390% AoE 8 Hit Dark Magic Attack + Ignore -50% MND

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    5* 881 / 2670 (240) 48 / 146 (40) 29 / 88 (16) 30 / 92 (16) 38 / 115 (24) 32 / 98 (16) 3 4
    6* 1146 / 3472 (390) 63 / 190 (65) 38 / 115 (26) 40 / 120 (26) 50 / 150 (34) 42 / 128 (26) 3 4

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Thundaga 180% AoE 1 Hit Thunder Magic Attack 20 3 [*****]
    Waterga 180% AoE 1 Hit Water Magic Attack 20 3 [*****]
    Aeroga 180% AoE 1 Hit Wind Magic Attack 20 3 [*****]
    Stona 180% AoE 1 Hit Earth Magic Attack 20 3 [*****]
    Bioga 140% AoE 1 Hit Dark Magic Attack & 20% Poison 20 18 [*****]
    Distress 1 Random Status Effects (30% Poison/Blind/Sleep/Silence/Paralyze/Confuse/Virus/100% Petrify) 24 30 [*****]
    Osmose ST 30% Attack w/ 30% MP Drain 10 48 [*****]
    Graviga AoE 75% Target HP Damage 20 48 [*****]
    Auto Refresh Recover 5% MP per Turn - 53 [*****]
    MP +30% Boost users MP stat by 30% - 70 [*****]
    Physical Fall AoE 3 Turn -40% ATK/DEF Debuff 48 80 [*****]
    Retaliate Counter physical attacks (30%) with magic damage 80% ST - 1 [******]
    MAG +30% Boost users MAG stat by 30% - 12 [******]
    Revoke +100% Silence/Paralyze/Petrify Resist - 21 [******]
    Ultima 280% AoE 1 Hit Magic Attack + Ignore -25% MND 60 62 [******]
    Dual Black Magic Use Two Black Magic 0 94 [******]
    Dystopia 280% AoE 1 Hit Dark Magic Attack + 160% Each Use (Max: 3) 45 100 [******]
    Pros:
    Explosive Start: Dark Fina starts off strong real quick and real fast. Within her first few levels she gets 4 -ga tiered elements to work in her favor. This is actually pretty high for a mage who usually gets 3 with only a few who goes above this.

Innate Immunities: Dark Fina gets a innate immunity to all of the aliments that would stop her from what she needs to do. This is very good cause she can pretty much wants in battle without fear or need to have specific items to maintain herself which is very good for Dark Fina.

Dual Black Magic: Every mage loves the ability to be able to cast spells twice. Guess who gets that? Yep, Dark Fina can cast her black magic attacks twice in her case it's real dangerous cause she can dualcast Ultima, and her various elemental spells that she has in arsenal.

Physical Fall: For mages, they don't have protection for their obviously weak DEF stat. Dark Fina on the other hand has a good debuff in ATK/DEF which helps her survive attacks on enemies if she turns out to be targeted.

Auto Refresh: Dark Fina being as heavy as she is in combat due to her reliance on Dual Black Magic does have a way to keep her MP going alongside her Osmose can keep her going longer in battle. To be honest, even with her refresh + Osmose she will run into the issue of needing a Elixir if you're not careful with her MP. To be fair her MP stat is high but it doesn't make her immune from dropping to a low amount.

Dystopia: This move isn't even bad, it's actually good. But, there are alot of offsets to the move due to the nature of the move itself. Dystopia is our first example of a move getting a modifier boost after it's been casted it's maximum amount of times gets to a amazing 760% mod on it's final cast. However, Dystopia can get offseted if Dark Fina dies, or you clear a wave in a battle the move goes back to it's original modifier of 280% when the cast goes up. So, I would only recommend this move in one waved hard trial fight or something.

Retaliate: Her having a Physical counter is good/bad. You don't really want for her to take physical damage in battle if anything you'd want to avoid it for her. But, in her case she does a good damage output whenever she gets the counter off in battle. It's actually a pretty strong attack despite it being only a 80% modifier which is basically a Magic basic attack.

Cons:
    Extremely MP Heavy: Due to her reliance to DBW she runs out of MP quicker you blinking a eye. For example if you were to run DC Ultima that's auto 120 MP per turn which is crazily high for any units intake. She does fortunately have Osmose, and Auto Refresh to slow down the damage so this issue isn't as strong but she still regardless is very heavy to use if you rely on DBW.

PvP Arena:
    Dark Fina is actually amazing here cause of her damage output + Distress. She can easily hit the 999 DMG cap when using DBW Ultima, she can debuff targets ATK/DEF with Physical Fall. And also with Distress she has a chance to cause a aliment to all allies which is always amazing to have in PvP Arena since it does rely heavily on breaking the opponents team down.

Trust Mastery Award:
    Dark Bond is really one of thoses TM that is 100% for mages, and mages only. Which is good cause there is not alot of TMs that specialize for mages and providing them boosts. Dark Bond gives you a +50% boost in MAG just by wearing the standard of what mages wear which is rod, and robes. So, it's a very powerful TM and I recommend this growing TM out for your mages.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Exdeath
    • Exdeath can deal more damage on his base -ga spells thanks to his slayers.
    • Dark Fina has a higher base MAG stat than Exdeath.
    • Dark Fina is more correctly geared for a mage, while Exdeath is not.
    • Wicked Light is the same as Ultima, but costs more MP, and cannot be dualcasted.
    Overall Verdict: Dark Fina is better than Exdeath cause of her ability to be more as a mage. Her equips is the main key here for her to get more MAG. Plus, she has Ultima which is stronger than Exdeath Meteor. While she does drain quicker than Exdeath, she also has more elemental coverage than Exdeath would. So, Dark Fina would most definitely be a better mage than Exdeath.

Conclusion:
    Dark Fina is a pretty amazing pull if you turn out to pull her. She's very strong, and will be the strongest mage in the game for a considerable amount of time. Even longer than Exdeath, she has alot reasons to be used in content, even if she the standard mage issue of low DEF she can help the problem somewhat with Physical Fall if you don't have a debuffer of your own. And not to mention how strong DBW Ultima is in battle. So, I would pull this unit. She's simply a great mage.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. nVission

nVission Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Great review as always, too bad she's a 5* base.

3. Lucas_1206

Lucas_1206 Active Member Supporter

Currently she's the strongest mage even in jp version.
    [​IMG]
    Just hope will be lucky enough to get her when pulling for Elle...

4. Syuri

Syuri Ascended Member Supporter

Those magic(s) n abilities ::toad:: ::up::

5. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

She's a really great unit, and a hard unit to pull for f2p like me.
    Can only hope for a miracle to pull her ::rofl::
    anyway, great review Jet! ::=3::

6. Masteis

Masteis Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elza
    Actually, I feel like that Exdeath is somehow better than Dark Fina.
    Also it is cheaper to wear Exdeath.

4 x Letter & Arms TM & Enchancer, Exdeath reaches 750 MAG
    Only 4 TMRs.

Dark Fina can not wear swords so with her TM + 3x 30% MAG + Lordy Robe + Omni Rod = 785 MAG
    6 TMRs.

And, Exdeath has killer passives.

Also, Exdeath 3* based unit but Dark Fina is 5*

Paulo Kill, Valmanway and DRock like this.
  7. yuyu

yuyu Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    just thinking thunder flask then physical fall = AOE full break

8. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Olive
    Ill hope to grab her, she just seems great and im due a decent 5* pull :)

9. MaxJunior

MaxJunior Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau and Tidus
    Im wondering how op a Magic party would be with her, to bad she is 5*base, hope the F2P luck help me.

10. seilaoque

seilaoque Well-Known Member

Exdeath is just easier, not better.

Dark Fina is a lot better than Exdeath on the utility side alone, she's pretty great support and debuffer, don't ignore Physical Fall, that ability is bananas

Valmanway, KWFFBE and Orbis like this.
  11. SuRfY

SuRfY CEO of Gumi VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru with maxed Phantom Blade
    I am going to half price pull hard for her...

Jmad and Gronio like this.
  12. Demo

Demo Ascended Member

Leads:
    Orlandeu
    Dark Fina can break through 800+ mag from what I read on Reddit.
    By the way, her TM seems to increase mag by 50% rod+robe.

13. Orie

Orie Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is the most useful
    The question is: does her tm stack? If it does it is equal to letter and arms and clearly puts her above exdeath. Getting 4 DFina's tho...

14. Demo

Demo Ascended Member

Leads:
    Orlandeu
    We shall find out with your help. Go forth and whale for science

15. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive Tidus
    I hope I will daily pull two of her :D

16. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Fryevia
    So happy I was able to pull her.

I prefer having girl units and I hated having Kefka and Exdeath in my team for so so so so long.... hate both of their characters.
    Really made me feel like I was sacrificing making a fun team over just trying to get through newest content.

Newgirl_here and Khidir like this.
  17. Deranged Hermit

Deranged Hermit Member

I got a Majin Fina! I pulled the daily, 6 tickets, then an 11 pull, then 6 more tickets and received her through a blue-yellow-rainbow deal. I got 3 Elle and 1 Luka, 2 shantoto, 1 Kain, Vaan, Penelo, and I can't remember the rest.

In any case, I still have 600 lapis and 30 tickets left. I'm so glad I got lucky and can maintain a decent stockpile to build up further now that I don't have to pull at all for this banner period. Should be able to pull hard for the next unit I want as well, whatever and whenever that might be.

18. Akuto

Akuto Member

well i did try a pull for her wasted 10 tickets and the 1/2 pull and got her at the last one XD she is insane

19. FFBENoctis

FFBENoctis Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey, we are somehow similar. I really like running a boyband & physical team but had to use Lightning for long due to her op. However, now the situation has changed, really enjoy to use WKN and Dark Fina

20. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Fryevia
    And here I am salty I don't have Lightning and I'm stuck with Luneth ::joy::