1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Elza [Brave Frontier]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Nov 10, 2016.

1. damevi

damevi Guest

I see nobody mentioning Lance...

that skill is OP in Arena in both attack and defense, because the MP drain is calculated before applying damage (and thus not capping at 999) so she can 0 anyone in 1 turn because of her high ATK, I lost twice in Arena because Elza drained my Refia with 400 mp in first turn :)

2. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    My dream is an AoE Lance as one of the Elza's enhancements in the future :D

Arinoch and damevi like this.
  3. Arinoch

Arinoch Ascended Member Supporter

Meanwhile I won against a surprisingly difficult team because Elza had her MP drained and I recovered with a double lance from dual wield - pulled back in 60x2 mp and I was right back to madness rush.

TooLegit50 likes this.
  4. Sollero

Sollero Well-Known Member Supporter

I think Orbis is pretty right on this and i want to add something: I'm now with an Elza with 600+ damage (DW+Gungnir+Tablet of Ruin+some ATK buff from pots) and the only way i see Luneth with such damage is wasting a lot of ability slots with ATK+X% TMs OR Blade Mastery TM with Sakurafubiki (and the ATK buffs from pots, sure)... so i think sTek is a little wrong when saying you are wasting an ability slot with DW since Luneth will be wasting too to reach such damage... (one thing to keep in mind is that Elza with the easy to pick materia Tablet of Ruin reaches 90% damage)... not to mention Demon Killer/Man Eater and all the skill set for single target(including highest DEF/SPR debuf) that in my opinion is better than Luneths... i was dealling fucking stupid ~200k+ damage to Maxwell with MadnessRush and was able to kill him in 3 turns, Holy Flame Vargas in 2 turns... I got a Luneth too and seriously, Elza is doing better and will keep it for bosses and shits...

I know i'm a little late now, but going for Elza or Luneth depends on what TM's you got or can get soon if you want a really fuking awesome single target damage dealer...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    TooLegit50 likes this.
  5. Bushidope

Bushidope New Member

Leads:
    Luneth
    I want a team of 6 Elza's but I only have 2 so far also looking for Elza friends for the last one c:

6. Orbis

Orbis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Just remember, a viable Boss Party requires a Tank, Healer, Break Support, and two DPS. Add a DPS Friend and you're set. Maxwell is just the beginning of significantly increased difficulty in bosses. Even if you can beat her with six 600+ Atk Elzas, can you hit all the valuable Quest requirements? Maxwell was overall easy to beat with a prime 6* team, but her difficulty skyrocketed when you tried to aquire her as a unit. Go for a more balanced team.

7. Bushidope

Bushidope New Member

Leads:
    Luneth
    Yeah I know but my dreams of getting a decent tank in this game repeatably get crushed :c

8. Orbis

Orbis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    One interesting note. Elza's LB chains extremely well with another Elza's LB. I was doing 50,000+ by the 9th chain hit. (The final one has a delay)

9. Walik

Walik New Member

I have a friend who have Elza, with Dual Wiel (With Twin Lance (+52 ATK) and Lad Mirazh (+62 ATK) equiped), I used Madness Rush and Elza attack 6 times !!!
    This friend is soon 100% trust (if he deal well), so he will be able to equip Demon Scythe (+120 ATK and Darkness DMG) with Twin Lance (+52 ATK). That will be awfull.
    It means, on maximum stats with pot, she will be at 388 ATK (without equip Passive Abilities Materia on her), so imagine with the materia...

My favorite is still Elza. Mine is near full stats (with pot increase), I have again +6 DEf, +3 MAG and +4 ATK left for be maximum stats.
    This month, I can have Demon Scythe (depends if I deal the final 32.7% with 4 Trust Moggle (5*) or if I use 3 and finish the 2.7% by fighting).
    Elza is dealing a lot of damage, depends on what you give her (mine got 10% MAG, 60% ATK) but you also can use 2 Destroyer's Authority for increase stats with 20% HP, 10% ATK and 10% MAG.
    I have Twin Lance but sadly I still don't have Dual Wield.

Protect her from Confusion is a really good idea.

10. encrypt

encrypt Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Burritos, Tacos
    Twin Lance is garbosauce =/

TooLegit50 likes this.
  11. Walik

Walik New Member

Garbosauce? What do you mean? (Sorry i don't know all the words of english)

I played again with my friend, with the Twin Lance and Dual Wield, Elza hit 4 four time on normal attack.
    I have success to win against Dark Fina ELT with a team of Exdeath, CoD, Cecil, Grenat and 2 Elza. The fight end in ~7 round, it was around ~230K DMG for the 2 Elza combinated, Exdeath deal ~22k DMG. No special difficulties with this team on the event, except for beat Dark Fina if you are unlucky.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  12. encrypt

encrypt Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Burritos, Tacos
    Sorry - I mean its just not a very good item. Yes, it doubles the number of normal hit attacks, but thats it - you're rarely just using that.

You want a higher attack spear/scythe w/ dual wield. Hopefully whenever your friend gets Elza's TM, they stick w/ Lad Mirazh

I just started working on Death Scythe myself, and have been working on Gungnir... https://exviuswiki.com/Category:Weapons#Spears

13. DRock

DRock Well-Known Member

The BF Banner was the first banner that I pulled on, and I was so new I couldn't even comprehend how lucky I was to pull 2 Elzas. THEN, I was going to TMR farm them both to 47.5% and fuse them for the Demon Scythe. Thank god I had been reading the forums and saw someone telling someone else that they'd be crazy for fusing two base 5*'s together. I can't wait to dual wield Demon Scythe! One is at 62.1% and the other is around 22%, so still some work to be done. I don't have a Zidane or Gilga though for DW, so I'm saving all trust Moogles for those characters when I get them (Currently have 35% of moogles stashed ::cactaur::::blind::::cactaur::)

TooLegit50 likes this.
  14. Walik

Walik New Member

Oh damn! I didn't have the chance to get the Death Scythe and Gungnir at the moment... I was too weak. But sure it looks pretty good with dual wield. So for me, the best way is to equipe Twin Lance with Dual Wield. I mean for a player who don't have those spears.
    If I calculate a little for compare.

For exemple:

1. In the following table, Elza deal 2500 DMG with 50 ATK.
    2. Twin Lance it (on normal attack) 2 time with 4 attack, with Dual Wield it is 4 time with 4 attack, on Madness Rush it hit 3 time and 6 time with dual wield.
    3. With the Dual Wield, the second weapon takes is always Demon Scythe.
    4. I tried to put Limit Burst DMG, but I am not sure of myself, especially for Dual Wield table (did it add the two weapon or not).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, you can see, Twin Lance is pretty interresting if you don't have the other weapon and for deal normal hit DMG (or when you are lack of MP). But sure, the best combo will be Demon Scythe with Demon Scythe. And sure, Twin Lance is kind of garbosauce and it is interresting to use it if you don't have Death Scythe or Calamity Spear at least. It is my point of view on that.

You are lucky. If I had 2 Elza, I will never have fuse them together. See this table on the top, and you will see: Dual Wield with 2 Demon Scythe is amazing!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  15. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Well-Known Member

I almost got heart attack when i read this. Fuse 2 *5 base:eek:

16. Shomxx

Shomxx Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen 881 atk
    I love my Elza.

Attached Files:

17. Walik

Walik New Member

Haha! I love my Elza too!
    How did you get that much attack?

[​IMG]

Shomxx likes this.
  18. Squall

Squall Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza, Fryevia, 2B, Emperor, Wilhelm
    Elza... she tanks, she debuffs, and then she brings the pain. What's there not to love?

77% on her TM now. Come onnnnnn

Shomxx likes this.
  19. Shomxx

Shomxx Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Aileen 881 atk
    DualWield bro ::toad::

20. Childish0ne

Childish0ne Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    Thought Calamity Spear was a Fang only weapon???