Vanille's only friend, and a strong minded woman who accepted her focus. That's right we're talking about Fang and how well she compares in the Global meta. As usual, leave comments and questions below. And enjoy the review. In Game Sprite Models: [3*] | [4*] | [5*] Equipment: Weakness: None | Resistances: None Trust Mastery Award: Equip Lance (Materia): Can Equip Lances Limit Break: 250% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -30% ATK Debuff -> 345% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -49% ATK Debuff Spoiler: Fang Stat Table Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits 3* 504 / 1526 (150) 22 / 68 (25) 22 / 66 (14) 17 / 53 (10) 17 / 53 (10) 17 / 53 (10) 2 3 4* 655 / 1984 (210) 29 / 89 (35) 28 / 86 (18) 23 / 70 (14) 23 / 69 (14) 23 / 69 (14) 3 3 5* 851 / 2580 (240) 38 / 116 (40) 37 / 113 (24) 30 / 92 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 4 3 Icon Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity Jump 1 Turn Jump + 180% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack 7 1 [***] HP +10% Boosts users HP by 10% - 40 [***] Flamestrike 140% ST 1 Hit Fire Physical Attack 7 12 [****] Aquastrike 140% ST 1 Hit Ice Physical Attack 7 23 [****] Counterstrike 30% Chance Counter Physical Attacks - 38 [****] Beast Killer +50% Damage to Beast enemies - 60 [****] Dispel ST Removes Buffs From Target 7 30 [*****] ATK +20% Boosts users ATK stat by 20% - 52 [*****] High Jump Boosts Jump Damage by 100% - 62 [*****] Area Blast 180% AoE Physical Attack 17 72 [*****] Lady Luck [GL Exclusive] Boosts users ATK/DEF stat by 15% - 78 [*****] Spear Master +20% ATK when holding Spears - 80 [*****] Pros: Usable Slayers: The way Fang is designed. She easily falls into the "Dragoon" type of unit in the game. The main problem with most of our dragoons is that they couldn't use their slayers cause their only attacking move would be Jump. In Fang's case, she can actually use her slayer cause she has other attacking moves on her that would proc them. If you didn't know, Jump doesn't proc any slayers when you come down on the second turn. Basically, making them useless to have on a unit. High ATK Total Passives: Fang actually has a higher total passive than some of our 6*, and that's saying something. Most of the 6* we have cap at around a 50% total boost to their ATK stats. In Global, she was slightly buffed with a additional +15% ATK/DEF boost to her movepool. Which puts her very high as a good 5* attacker cause in total she has a 55% ATK up buff when she has all of them active. And that's really strong coming from someone who's only a 5* base. High DPS Potential: Fang as I said before has a max 55% ATK passive from her movepool, combined with the fact that she covers most types of DPS would make her solid for content. She would only be missing -DEF ignore moves in her movepool to make her a complete attacker. But, what she has now is decent, she lacks any real high mods like anything over 200%+ would've definitely pushed her higher in my opinion. But, as for what she has now. It's solid. Cons: Lack of Support: Having units that can cover other bases in teams always warrants them more reason to be used. Fang however doesn't really have any real supportive moves to use. The only one would be Dispel which is depending on the content at hand. This isn't anything to bad about her personally though. She's just designed to be 100% damage, and that's what she is. PvP Arena: Fang would be pretty solid here actually. She has what you need out of a decent attacker. She has a AoE, ST moves for sniping enemies. She's still a 5* max, so this means she's inclined to die from atttacks more easier from damage from higher tiered units.. Trust Mastery Award: Just no. This one is simply no worth it to get. Comparing to Other Units: - Kain Fang has higher total ATK passives than Kain (55% on Fang), (40% on Kain) Fang has other outs of damages besides Jump moves, while Kain can only use Jump moves, Kain has higher boosted modifiers on his Jump moves. Overall Verdict: For this one, in terms of Jump Damage I would give it to Kain easily. After all his passives are added he gets a massive 400% modifier when he uses his base Jump alone. Which would beat Fang who's only at a 280% modifier on hers. The only good thing from Fang is she's more consistent with damage cause Kain can only attack once per 2 turns (using Jump & Dragoon Dive) but Fang can actually afford to attack every turn which is better for racking up damage constantly to a opponent. I would give this one to Kain though for Jumping. But, Fang for consistency. - Freya Fang has more ATK/DEF passives than Freya. Freya has more supportive options than Fang. Overall Verdict: Fang is far better than Freya when it comes to dealing damage. Like Kain, Freya can only use her Jump skill as her main attacking ability and the damage comes every 2 turns. But, she only has a slighly enhanced mod (same as Fang) at 280%. While Fang has more damaging options per turn. Freya does have supportive heals which can help the team out but most of the time they aren't gonna be used depending the content ahead. But, Fang is surely better for damage output, and Freya is better supportive wise. Conclusion: With her buff on GL, she's quite decent to use in content now if you're lacking any real powerhouses in your team. She's solid overall, and has the right moves to do what she needs to do. She isn't busted for a 5* max unit, but she does work truly. I would pick her up to use in some battles.