1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Fencer [Final Fantasy: CD]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Fran please, you're not supposed to be here go away and stay 4* pls. Anyway, today we'll be looking at Fencer and how well she compares in the Global meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And I hope you enjoy this review.

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] & [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Magic Levels at 5*: Black Magic Level 5
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Rush Combo (Materia): ATK/DEF +20%, MP +10%
    Limit Break: 270% ST 3 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -20% DEF Debuff -> 365% ST 3 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -39% DEF Debuff

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 655 / 1985 (210) 30 / 90 (35) 28 / 86 (18) 23 / 70 (14) 23 / 69 (14) 23 / 71 (14) 4 2
    5* 852 / 2581 (240) 39 / 118 (40) 37 / 113 (24) 30 / 92 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 31 / 93 (16) 5 2

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    4*: Swarmstrike (5), ATK +20% (24), Shadowstick (32), Piercing Blow (60)
    5*: Checkmate (14), Manastrike (48), Swallowtail (52), Veil of Darkness (64), Mental Concentration (72), Sword Mastery (80)

Pros: Fencer is actually a really strong unit actually. She's the first unit to have a massive +50% to her ATK stat (20% & 30% from Sword Mastery) which means she without any TMs can boost a attack stat higher than all of the games current units even Chizuru so that is a huge plus for her. She also has some niche for putting up a dark shield (Veil of Darkness) to the party which can be a good use for upcoming content. As a attacker she has the bare necessities of what it takes to be a useable attacker. She has a AoE, some useful ST attacks, And easily she has the stat to support her role.

Cons: Mental Concentration is a waste really if you do not have a unit who has Cheer reason being is cause her buff is a self buff, and the 1 turn of Mirage event does nothing for her it's niche yes, but not amazing. Her auto kill attack becomes useless really fast since most bosses and even some enemies are immune to death basically making the move undesired. Other than this, Fencer is a solid unit to be honest.

Trust Mastery Award: This one is actually a great TM for physical attackers as it gives them a relatively great boost to ATK/DEF alongside giving them a little bit more MP to help sustain themselves in battle. I would get this one if you manage to pull Fencer. It's a straightforward useful tm.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Chizuru
    • Fencer has a higher ATK than Chizuru
    • Fencer has more weapon options than Chizuru.
    • Chizuru has a much more useful & valuable offensive movepool,
    • Chizuru has the best offensive move in the game.

Overall Verdict: Chizuru would still win not for stats because of Barrage having such massive offensive pressure to many of the games bosses right now, you can easily take awaya huge chunk of bosses HP without breaking a sweat really. Fencer could do the same, but in far less time Chizuru could. Barrage still having the superior mod of 320% total if used on one enemy is just insane for in game content right now.

Conclusion: Fencer is cool, get her if you have the chance. She's definitely useful for DPS so in all else give her a chance. Don't pull aggressively for her, or any of them I say.

Arinoch, -Mav-, YY83 and 2 others like this.
  2. Reizen

Reizen Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Events units
    Nice one! For me who dont have Chizuru, she is good at least. Many thanks!

3. Asf

Asf Dead ace VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    In conclusion... chorizo only wins because she has barrage. But with barrage tmr dual wield and some tmr weapon along with her own tmr and blade mastery, fencer is better than the curent chorizo with similar equips.

4. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    Chiz had 6* in JP does that count? I think Fencer only wins because she would be different other than that, I would rather have Chiz.

5. Jet Stingren

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    These reviews are not based on any additions made by TMs, equips, and esper support. It's based on innate ability only. It's better & more fair that way.

6. Jet Stingren

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    No.

7. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    So if I put Barage on Fencer via Luna TM are we saying Fencer global > Chiz global?

8. Jet Stingren

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Pmch. +50% to 20% do the math.

9. HarimUDG1

HarimUDG1 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    265 746 925
    Leads:
    Oldmandude, Zargabaath
    Nice review as always @Jet Stingren !! I was thinking not to pull this time but with this and The juggler review, im going to spend some tickets (5 max) they look cool and fun to have in a team! And because i dont have a chiz, this fencer waifu ;), hope fills that hole in my heart, jajaja thanks!

10. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    if you dont have Chizuru you can try this, if you get fencer use her untul you get better unit~

11. Oboi

Oboi VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Correct me if I happen to be wrong guys, but I believe they updated her stats so that she has 120 base ATK (Hence the ingame 144 ATK with the 20% passive)

[​IMG]

12. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    base 120 + 20% atk = 144 is same as chizuru, an she can equip enchancer which more atk than murasame, the only draw back she doesnt have any barrage like skill but bladeblitz like skill which is fine

+30% with sword equiped

i'm gonna try 1x daily, 4 tickets no more, hoping exdeath and bartz :v

HarimUDG1 likes this.
  13. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    chizuru got barrage.
    fencer got blade mastery.
    give fencer barrage TM. (if you got luna)
    give chizuru blade mastery TM.
    now, who's stronger?

14. Oboi

Oboi VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Fencer has Blademaster which is different from Chiz's TMR, Blade Mastery.

Did some math on this and the'yre pretty damn close.

Chizuru w/ Sakurafubuki & Excalibur = 559 ATK
    Dual Wield
    Blade Mastery
    ATK +20%
    Equip L Sword

Fencer w/ Sakurafubuki & Enhancer = 557 ATK
    Dual Wield
    Blade Mastery
    ATK +20%
    Barrage

This is with max Ifrit, black cowls, black belt gi's, & hero rings. Obviously Fencer will have higher ATK if you replace barrage with another +ATK passive, but then she wont have barrage...

Aysatyo likes this.
  15. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Well i got her, event though she is useless i'll still love her (bunny girl banzaaii!!!)

16. Luckyguy18

Luckyguy18 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hmmm how would she compare to Artemios? I mean aside from no barrage and killer moves, she looks better as dps

17. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Give her barrage, and she'll be better than arte

18. Asf

Asf Dead ace VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    It takes very little for fencer to be good actually.
    With only the anhancer, 2 hero rings, lion mask and black belt gi. You would get a 357 atk fencer. Without using any materia.
    While you would get a 300 atk chizuru using the same equip ,murasame and a 10%atk materia.
    You can also use 2 20%mp and 2 10%mp to make a fencer that can carry through an exploration. Since she have a built in aoe physical skills..

19. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Well, what makes people think she is bad?
    She doesnt have barrage, doesnt have 6* yet, 4* base, weapon choice (better than chizuru). But according to wiki she rated 8.0 which is decent and good enough to beat Garland and take his #5 position

Since i pulled her, i'm training her right now and i will rearrange my party again for her~
    And also 3rd hero ring incoming~ well enchancer with lunar shield looks good on her

20. Elli27

Elli27 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD, ExD, WoL
    Fencer if you get her is really strong, just needs a Barrage TM which is relatively easy to get. with Barrage she is currently 2nd best attacker after Chizuru IMO

MaximilianVII likes this.