1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Ludmille [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Ephemeral God VIP

Japan ID:
    386, 889, 987
    Leads:
    Eileen
    She's a unit with her pride on her back! That's right we're gonna talk about Ludmille and how well she compares to the Global meta. As usual leave any questions, and comments about Ludmille here. And as usual, I hope you enjoy the review!

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [3*] | [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Magic Levels at 5*: Black/White Magic Level 6, Green Magic Level 4
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Dualcast (Ability): Allows user to cast two Black/White/Green MAG spells.
    Limit Break: 250% AoE Earth Attack > 345% AoE Earth Attack

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 458 / 1389 (150) 26 / 80 (35) 19 / 58 (10) 17 / 53 (10) 19 / 57 (10) 18 / 56 (10) 3 2
    4* 596 / 1806 (210) 34 / 104 (45) 25 / 76 (14) 23 / 70 (14) 25 / 75 (14) 24 / 73 (14) 4 2
    5* 775 / 2348 (240) 45 / 136 (60) 33 / 99 (16) 30 / 91 (16) 32 / 98 (16) 31 / 95 (16) 5 2

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Cure ST ~150 HP Heal w 3x Mod 3 1 [***]
    Stona ST Cure Petrify 5 1 [***]
    Vox ST Cure Silence 3 1 [***]
    Blinda ST Cure Blind 3 1 [***]
    Regen ST 200 HP Heal w 4x Mod Split for 3 Turns 3 9 [***]
    Fira 140% AoE Fire Magic Attack 9 16 [***]
    Mental Break 120% ST Physical Attack -15% SPR Debuff 7 32 [***]
    Cura AoE 400 HP Heal w 3x Mod 7 14 [****]
    Stonra 140% AoE Earth Magic Attack 9 21 [****]
    MP +10% Boost users MP stat by +10% 0 35 [****]
    Cleanse ST Cure Virus 5 40 [****]
    Armor Break 120% ST Physical Attack -15% DEF Debuff 7 42 [****]
    Thundara 140% AoE Thunder Magic Attack 9 52 [****]
    Esuna ST Cure Poison, Blind, Sleep, Silence, Paralyze, and Confuse 8 60 [****]
    HP +10% Boosts user HP stat by 10% 0 26 [*****]
    Stonga 180% AoE Earth Magic Attack 20 41 [*****]
    MAG +20% Boosts users MAG Stat by 20% 0 68 [*****]
    Convert Self 9999 MP Recovery, but drains HP to 1 10 72 [*****]

Pros: Ludmille is your typical red mage, she gets alot of mixed abilities which can make her do a certain amount of things. The good thing about Ludmille is she has some good elements to hit with in Fire/Thunder/Earth while she can only use Fira/Thundara respectively they in special cases can help if you're looking to take a boss down by elemental weakness. Ludmille can actually play alot of roles in team setups depending on what you wanna give her. She can play a supporter, healer, and a DPS mage as she has valuable moves in all three of the fields which makes it nice cause you + alongside her great equipment options can build her quite a number of ways.

Cons: The sad thing is Ludmille will never be considered as a "main" slot for any of the roles I posted as there is too many units that do exist that downright out beat her making her feel irrelevant really fast. She could greatly function as a healer incase that is welcomed instead of bringing a second whole healer, she could deal damage in between turns in which you don't need the 2nd heal. Her unique skill 'Convert' is well dangerous. While yes, she gets a full MP recovery which is essential to mages, and other MP heavy units she knocks her HP to 1. If you don't have a good heal support, or something else she will easily be murdered next turn if she were to be focused, or hit extremely hard. In the harder content, it's always important to keep your HP as high as possible.

Trust Mastery Award: This is well the best thing about Ludmille, not necessarily for her but for all the mages that would make full benefit from this TM. This is a very good TM for mages to get units like Kefka, Exdeath, Tellah, etc would greatly love this TM as it amplifies their damage output quite a bit cause they are able to attack twice which will serve them greatly for the hard content to be in stored in the upcoming months.

Comparing to Other Units:

Well, there isn't any other red mage like 5* units to be released in the game. All units who were to be close to her are pure of the role and by natural roles are better than Ludmille. So, this section would be skipped.

Conclusion: Ludmille ain't a bad pull, she would only be wanted for her TM, but she could be of use if you're lacking in a specific field for and you could use her to fill the void, which is better than having nothing am I right?

Kyoichiro Mibu, Reizen and K.Abuse like this.
  2. K.Abuse

K.Abuse Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Chizuru, Kefka, WoL, Lenna
    Dual Cast! Oh awesome elemental chaining goodness.

3. CharaDealova

CharaDealova Member

Leads:
    Chizuru, Artemios, Kefka, Zidane,
    We lack powerful magic now though. But future mages that lack dualcast will be really good

4. K.Abuse

K.Abuse Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Chizuru, Kefka, WoL, Lenna
    I am thinking of having 2 Dual Cast TMs in future. Too much or just nice?

5. Orbis

Orbis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Healers can benefit from Dual Cast as well.

6. CStrife

CStrife New Member

What is her 5* max attk power? I need to awaken either her, kefka, or kuja.

7. cole

cole Member

need his dualcast for my kefka and lenna. i got 5 ludmille. maybe i will get 3 dualcast. because why not. xD

8. Ryoshi

Ryoshi New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cerius
    Or you could use her as I'm planning to, to fill the role of a second support unit without losing Damage. Since Cerius can't really heal unless she gets an esper with cura, you could use Ludmille as a 2nd support with dual cast cura to keep your party up while Cerius boosts out elemental resistances, whenever you don't need to heal she can dish out damage. With my composition of Fang, Chizuru and Rain along with Cerius and Ludmille it should work pretty well, since Fang already dishes out amazing damage with her jumps, let alone Chizuru and Fang.

9. bwnyc

bwnyc Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Orlandeau, Onion Knight
    Can't believe I still haven't pulled Ludmille. Really want that Dual Cast TM for Refia.

10. rickygck

rickygck Well-Known Member

Just pulled Ludmille. But i don't really need her TM as i got Arc to blast rest.

11. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive OK Tidus
    You're so wrong :)