1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Luka [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Might have been true until osmose blade came out. That thing is the MP eraser ( i love and hate it for this fact ).

2. Dandman

Dandman Ascended Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I got a Luka but not convinced that she can replace WWFina simply because the latter has Cheer. Putting dualcast and esuna on WWFina also covers up some of her weaknesses.

3. Apollo$

Apollo$ Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    The only time I have problems with mp isn't my healers. It's always a dps getting hit and then being forced to auto attack from then on. Can't relate for healer mp problems

4. Orbis

Orbis Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Refia (with Dualcast TM) is still ranked #3 in JP. Just a solid all-around unit.

Sunnycyde likes this.
  5. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Yeah, once i finsihed banging out dual cast and putting it on my Refia it was like night and day in terms of versatility. I unlocked most of the carbuncle bar*ra skills which she can dual cast quite effectively when we dont need healing.

Sunnycyde likes this.
  6. 32_Footsteps

32_Footsteps Well-Known Member

Some of us are F2P and are at the mercy of the RNG. I don't get 6-star potential physical units when I draw - I have to figure out how to pull my Arena weight with mages, Cecil, and CoD (and I've never drawn Zidane or Gilgamesh, so I suffer without dual wield).

Also, Osmose Blade and Lance are hybrid damage - attack does get factored in. So does Man-Eater. Soul Pots might keep healers with some MP against Exdeath or Dark Fina using Osmose, but any unit using Lance or Osmose Blade with even a mediocre attack score (i.e. anything with an attack of at least 250-300) is going to zero out a mage's MP. Important to note if you can't just blast through a fight with Noctis, Luneth, and/or Lightning.

I am saving my tickets and Lapis - which is why I'm figuring out whether the lucky draw that got me Refia will help me keep Kefka alive longer than Luka. Because I probably wouldn't be worrying if I had paid for enough lapis to ensure a good physical unit.

Sunnycyde likes this.
  7. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Your scenario is bias. At least apply the mp situation against Refia as well for the arena. Not only that, you skipped turn 2 and went straight to turn 3 and I do believe players would put Carbuncle over Shiva on a healer such as Luka.

Situation 1: (Losing MP if opponent gets the first turn) Refia and Luka gets lanced/osmosed. Unless Noctis and/or Rosa is in the party to restore mp and IF they too did not lose mp, Refia is unable to heal. Luka guards and regains mp and hp. Turn 2: Luka casts Regenerate, being able to heal the party. She'll do this regardless if her party goes 1st or 2nd for turn 2 and regenerate is a Curaja version of regen. Refia either gets killed or watch her party dies, regardless for turn 2. Turn 3: Refia's party is dead. On Luka's side, if her party normal attacked enough and the LBs went to her, she can use her LB and heal the whole party. SAVED! Otherwise, guard. Wait a minute. Luka has Carbuncle equipped, right?. Carbuncle learned Cura? Luka uses Cura. Party was able to take out 2-3 units.

Situation 2: (Noctis). Noctis uses Blizzard flask: both gets stopped. Noctis use Fire Flask: it is random and who knows what Luka will get inflicted, but if she is not stoned, she can cast Priestess' Miracle since it is a skill and not a white magic. Luka heals everyone of the status ailments. Refia on the other hand is not petrified or stone, but now she has a choice of wasting a turn to use Esuna or Stona on someone or use Curaja.

That's how you do an analysis and a fair prediction of what may happen. In term of MP, Luka wins. Refia is unable to do anything and unless an ally Noctis and/or Rosa is on the team to use Cover or Bless to restore her MP, she is vulnerable. When it comes to an opponent's Noctis, anything can happen. With Fire Flask, the status ailments are random and if Luka gets stoned, then Refia wins. If not, Luka wins because she heals and removes status ailments while the party goes in on Noctis while Refia has to play eeny meeny miney moe with Esuna and Curaja.

Sephiroth66, Sunnycyde and Sparkle like this.
  8. yuyu

yuyu Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    got her today, yippie, maxed to 5* but seem some short of 6* materials, any idea where to farm it beside king mog?? chamber of awakening have awful drop rate.

but been used it in exploration etc, i don't see place to see her replace revia, primarily because embolden, gosh i hope she has at least cheer or that 1 buff that increase ATT, 30% would be enough.. because apart from this her ability is amazing, can wait to see regenerate + cover in defend build maxwell heheh

now i will complain why D fina is hard to get, she open most part of her body but why he not come to me.. what I' Lacking off TT

9. Sparkle

Sparkle VIP VIP

Imagine a team where a unit besides the healer is the buffer.

10. yuyu

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD

oww yess, forgot about it, don't even think that healer & buffer can be separate (my buffer only leena, cecil & revia till now)... btw is there any unit that can buff mag/Att in same time, except tillith? seem would be nicely pair with luka

11. Sparkle

Sparkle VIP VIP

Soon, everyone will have that kind of ability in their box. 6* Rain's final ability.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/001

There are other options. some are harder to get or not worth getting.

Apollo$ likes this.
  12. yuyu

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    nice, thank you for your information @Sparkle seem i'll try build new set team for future, currently running, refia, cecil, exd, chiz, noct seems tank healer team for harder content in future will be needed

13. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Yay, I pulled Luka today! I really needed her since my previous healers were Rosalita, then Santa Rosalita. I definitely needed a healer with Raise or a similar ability.

I have her 6* mats but tomorrow I'll be farming those 5* mats.

Apollo$ likes this.
  14. Breno

Breno Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Firion, Dark Fina, Tilith, Cecil, WoL
    Great review jet. I completely agree with you on the slowish start part, if you are a new player, that can be annoying. I remember that I started playing around the first days of November and after doing some pulls I got refia. However, at that time I didn't knew anything about the game, I didn't even realize she was a banner pull, because her sprite was different XD She is a white mage, so I though- cool, she is going to be really helpful - so I started training her, but she was leveling really slow and, of the few spells she was learning, none of them were healing ones. It got to the point where I almost sold her for some gil... but, that's when I used my brain and thought about looking for info on the internet. Long story short, she should reach 100 6* this week.

On topic, luka seems like a very decent healer, but I already did some pulls on this banner and didn't get her, so I think I'll save for better ones, plus I have my refia.

Apollo$ and Sunnycyde like this.
  15. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    well... I am using an exdeath yolo arena team with Cecil and refia. it is yolo cuz I don't have the patience for long fights, but I also don't like to lose that often so Cecil and refia are there in case I don't get the first turn. If one of my exdeaths get lanced... Well it's game over for him... I don't have any mp healers or any five stars besides elza. however refia got "lanced/osmosed" already a ton of times... Not once was she put way from battle. I think 120 was my max drained mp.. is she op? no tmrs with her, only maxed spr with pots and that candy basket.. so 400ish spr which is perfectly reachable by any f2p. So imo that mp drainage scenario is very very unlikely and only possible when one haves a very underdeveloped refia or facing a top lance/Osmose whale unit with op tmrs...

that being said I still prefer refia because of embolden, kazus pendant and 100% revive. but like the review stated that aoe esuna is neat and makes me wanna think about luka in situations against an heavy status user enemy, providing that I give her some status prevention equipment. So would say that both are worth the use... At least until tilith comes out of the shadows.. then both of them will give my bench a little luxury.

Apollo$ likes this.
  16. Somno

Somno Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Rem
    I use COD's comeback for mass esuna. My arena team is COD, Refia and 3*Exdeath...Not bad so far unless Refia dies in the first round :/

17. yuyu

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    I use COD to for come back its neat, but in situation when she need to use omnivaile, or barrage, i hope i got someone to use aoe esuna (waiting maxwell), luka provided it, plus don forget regenerate, its like refia cast curaja each turn for 3 turn, giving luka opportunity to do semething else, but yeah not having AT/MG buff is a downside.

18. Popchaser

Popchaser Member

just got Luka while I really want Dark Fina....already got 6* Refia maxed out so not sure when I will use Luka....maybe special water monsters in trials...? anyone can tell me what situations would Luka be better than Refia?

19. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    Well... Just the previous comments and the review and you shall be answered ::ink::

20. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive or Tidus
    Got her today! I would prefer Refia, but she is the second one I wanted.

Jman1115 likes this.